Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah but people will tell you to JuSt PlAy tHe GaMe if you want to see the st Mary's tunnel the way it should be
    I don't expect or want them to try to recreate every action piece from the game. I like that TV Joel is accurate for his age instead of Rambo video game Joel. But I also feel like there need to be a few more reminders that this world is ing dangerous if they are going to eliminate all of the gameplay sequences.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He hasn't stopped to craft a medkit and heal himself at all either. 2/10
    plus game Joel had sonar better than the clickers with his listen mode, and show joel is borderline deaf

1/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't expect or want them to try to recreate every action piece from the game. I like that TV Joel is accurate for his age instead of Rambo video game Joel. But I also feel like there need to be a few more reminders that this world is ing dangerous if they are going to eliminate all of the gameplay sequences.
    i feel like thats been ever-present though. just having more infected scenes for the sake of worldbuilding probably wouldnt do much for the show.

ep1 had the outbreak
    ep2 had a huge swarm of infected + clickers
    ep3 was a self contained story about bill/frank, not expecting much there (though ellie did encounter an infected trapped in the rubble)
    ep4 had them being ambushed by KC hunters
    ep5 had the massive infected swarm + bloater
    ep6 was mostly in the jackson settlement with joel getting stabbed by a raider/hunter
    ep7 was set in a QZ

not really sure where else you wanted them to shoehorn in another set piece. i would have liked to have more present day Ellie showing off her newly learned survivalist skills in Ep7, but thats really the only ep in the show where i started getting bored at some points

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i feel like thats been ever-present though. just having more infected scenes for the sake of worldbuilding probably wouldnt do much for the show.

ep1 had the outbreak
    ep2 had a huge swarm of infected + clickers
    ep3 was a self contained story about bill/frank, not expecting much there (though ellie did encounter an infected trapped in the rubble)
    ep4 had them being ambushed by KC hunters
    ep5 had the massive infected swarm + bloater
    ep6 was mostly in the jackson settlement with joel getting stabbed by a raider/hunter
    ep7 was set in a QZ

not really sure where else you wanted them to shoehorn in another set piece. i would have liked to have more present day Ellie showing off her newly learned survivalist skills in Ep7, but thats really the only ep in the show where i started getting bored at some points
    As I said I don't need more action set pieces, but there are some things that could've been shown. I believe it was episode 6 where Joel told the Native Americans that some town was overrun with infected. Instead of telling the audience, that could've been a quick 30 second shot of them looking through their binoculars while Joel and Ellie were on their travels.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    As someone who did not and probably will not play the game, I don't feel like I have any uncertainty about the dangers present. This is 20 years after the epidemic, correct? I think the sparseness is probably more accurate for the time. If there were swarms of infected around every corner, still 20 years later, that wouldn't seem reasonable to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they didnt show them undressing or having sex or anything, a simple ass disney level kiss has you up in arms over exploiting minors? (btw bella ramsay is 19 yo)
    y

You're kidding right? I mean you're not completely wrong but insinuating the white girl is undressing as the black girl continuously tries to take a peek and the camera pans to the white girl while undressing/dressing is something you're cool with? What percentage of getting close enough to child exploitation for the whims of pedos in Hollyweird are you actually ok with SR? I mean it's weird to say the least that this is the hill you'd love to die on. Weird!

IDC if they are gay in the least. I do care however that everything is now gay everywhere you look or more so trans, racial, iden y politics, et al.

Either way you're in the cult and you can't see the forest for the trees and it's not like you want to anyhow. Stay in line you useful idiot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    y

You're kidding right? I mean you're not completely wrong but insinuating the white girl is undressing as the black girl continuously tries to take a peek and the camera pans to the white girl while undressing/dressing is something you're cool with? What percentage of getting close enough to child exploitation for the whims of pedos in Hollyweird are you actually ok with SR? I mean it's weird to say the least that this is the hill you'd love to die on. Weird!
    a) none of the actors are children
    b) do you think any medium showing high school age romance is pedo stuff? is superbad pedo? american pie?

IDC if they are gay in the least. I do care however that everything is now gay everywhere you look or more so trans, racial, iden y politics, et al.
    yeah you have an issue with gay people being portrayed in media. did you throw a fit over joel having a daugther, having another partner in tess? tommy having a wife and her being pregnant? all those straight folks being shoved down our throats! "im ok with gay people as long as i dont see them" isnt being ok with gay people

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    man pedowood has been at it for a while. breakfast club, ferris bueller's day off, juno

wild

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    b) do you think any medium showing high school age romance is pedo stuff? is superbad pedo? american pie?

yeah you have an issue with gay people being portrayed in media. did you throw a fit over joel having a daugther, having another partner in tess? tommy having a wife and her being pregnant? all those straight folks being shoved down our throats! "im ok with gay people as long as i dont see them" isnt being ok with gay people
    You truly want to make me out to be some caricature of this boogey man who's a racist, bigoted, mysoginistic, phobic, et al which is weird af! You continuously push for this angle which is very telling of your psychosis.

Bro I most likely know a way more diverse amount of people than you'll ever come in contact with yet you sit here in your ivory tower and point fingers. You have no clue!

As for your question, it's not about TLOU but the media in general you dip . You can see it in everything made today from movies, tv shows, promos, etc... If you can't then you're clearly blind.

And you thinking I don't want to see gay people, well I don't care either way tbh. I don't care to see any of yall tbh because people ing suck regardless of who they screw. I'm tired of all of yall tbh; straight, gay, etc...

You such a weakling if this is always your angle SR.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Maybe he's just unconsciously regurgitating every far right wing talking point and deflection.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You truly want to make me out to be some caricature of this boogey man who's a racist, bigoted, mysoginistic, phobic, et al which is weird af! You continuously push for this angle which is very telling of your psychosis.

Bro I most likely know a way more diverse amount of people than you'll ever come in contact with yet you sit here in your ivory tower and point fingers. You have no clue!

As for your question, it's not about TLOU but the media in general you dip . You can see it in everything made today from movies, tv shows, promos, etc... If you can't then you're clearly blind.

And you thinking I don't want to see gay people, well I don't care either way tbh. I don't care to see any of yall tbh because people ing suck regardless of who they screw. I'm tired of all of yall tbh; straight, gay, etc...

You such a weakling if this is always your angle SR.
    excellent rant not rebutting anything

you just dont want to see gay people in media

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    excellent rant not rebutting anything

you just dont want to see gay people in media
    Disavowal is a psychological defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects or denies aspects of themselves or their experiences that they find uncomfortable or unacceptable. When confronted with a situation or an object that triggers these uncomfortable feelings, the person may react with hostility, anger, or avoidance. This can be a way of protecting themselves from the discomfort or shame that comes with admitting these aspects about themselves.

Disavowal can be harmful if it prevents someone from acknowledging and addressing their problems or issues. It is important for individuals who experience disavowal to seek professional help from a mental health prac ioner to work through these issues and develop healthier coping mechanisms.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LMAO Arm chair psychs and weirdo lawyers who see nothing but racism, bigotry, every-phobism, etc everywhere. Yall are a bunch of weirdos tbh.

IDC if there's gays in movies or tv tbh. I rarely watch either so why make me out to be the arbiter of media?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Btw nice meme but it wasn't the kissing that got to me in that last episode and it wasn't the fact the girls are gay or even just flirting with the thought of it. It was Hollyweird that had a minor girl getting undressed and redressed on film no matter how discreet they were with it and those of you ok with the slippery slope are the ones that need to be hunted down tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Btw nice meme but it wasn't the kissing that got to me in that last episode and it wasn't the fact the girls are gay or even just flirting with the thought of it. It was Hollyweird that had a minor girl getting undressed and redressed on film no matter how discreet they were with it and those of you ok with the slippery slope are the ones that need to be hunted down tbh.
    bella ramsey isnt a minor

so tell me, was superbad a pedo movie because there were scenes where the kids hooking up undressed like when mclovin hooked up or michael cera's character was about to get a bj?

what about american pie? is that a pedo movie too because jim started doing his strip dance and then nadia started taking her clothes off? when oz and his girl slept together? kevin and his girlfriend? was it predatory pedophilia when finch hooked up with stifler's mom? remember, these were all portrayed as high school kids/minors

you never cared about high school age romance in movies until it was portrayed by 2 girls instead of 1 girl and 1 guy. so yeah, literally just this

Last edited by spurraider21; 03-02-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i remember when koriwhat complained about pedowood exploiting minors because there were episodes of modern family where young people kissed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

so tell me, was superbad a pedo movie because there were scenes where the kids hooking up undressed like when mclovin hooked up or michael cera's character was about to get a bj?

what about american pie? is that a pedo movie too because jim started doing his strip dance and then nadia started taking her clothes off? when oz and his girl slept together? kevin and his girlfriend? was it predatory pedophilia when finch hooked up with stifler's mom? remember, these were all portrayed as high school kids/minors

you never cared about high school age romance in movies until it was portrayed by 2 girls instead of 1 girl and 1 guy. so yeah, literally just this
    How would you know either way SR yet here you are stating what "I would think" as factual. Aren't you a ing lawyer bro?

Keep cheering on Hollyweird you pedo cheerleader.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    How would you know either way SR yet here you are stating what "I would think" as factual. Aren't you a ing lawyer bro?

Keep cheering on Hollyweird you pedo cheerleader.
    i know that you have never complained about high school movies like american pie, superbad, breakfast club, etc being pedo but now that we have 2 girls involved (neither of whom are minors), your alarms are going off. let alone all the tv sitcoms that show youth romances. even family sitcoms like full house, fresh prince etc. all portraying high school kids and younger

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i know that you have never complained about high school movies like american pie, superbad, breakfast club, etc being pedo but now that we have 2 girls involved (neither of whom are minors), your alarms are going off. let alone all the tv sitcoms that show youth romances. even family sitcoms like full house, fresh prince etc. all portraying high school kids and younger
    Those chicks aren't minors? Then wtf are we even talking about then? IDC what adults do or how they're portrayed in films. Btw, you don't know me well enough, if at all, dumbass because I'm not much for the movie or tv industry and it's been that way since like college. Go read the archives Mr. Knowitall!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Those chicks aren't minors? Then wtf are we even talking about then?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    oh my god what a ing idiot rofl

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Jesus I have to put that idiot back on ignore to save myself reading that same re ed over and over
    Last edited by Blake; 03-03-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lmao The whole ass crew is coming out to play

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    now that we have 2 girls involved (neither of whom are minors)
    Those chicks aren't minors? Then wtf are we even talking about then?
    maybe if you werent foaming at the mouth to find a way to justify your phobia you would have caught on a lot earlier

Thread Information