Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    theres honestly not much story left to tell tbh
    more than 43 minutes worth there is, imo, especially with a flashback scene including ellie's mom. Getting to Utah, getting to the Fireflies, I imagine they'll show more of Abby's dad to tie in the 2nd game more, joel's rescuing and the final scene as they head back to Jackson...feels like it should be more than 43 mins especially when 5-6 minutes of that is probably previous ep recap, le intro, and the end credits

you disagree with every opinion i have on this show it seems like

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    theres honestly not much story left to tell tbh
    Wonder if Joel kills everyone in the operating room like I always do on the game. Didn't realize you could let the other two live.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    more than 43 minutes worth there is, imo, especially with a flashback scene including ellie's mom. Getting to Utah, getting to the Fireflies, I imagine they'll show more of Abby's dad to tie in the 2nd game more, joel's rescuing and the final scene as they head back to Jackson...feels like it should be more than 43 mins especially when 5-6 minutes of that is probably previous ep recap, le intro, and the end credits

you disagree with every opinion i have on this show it seems like
    lol there is no "getting to utah". in the game they cut straight from joel embracing ellie to them being in Utah . you pet a giraffe. and then action sequences that probably wont be in the show anyway, and bam there you are. thats all like 5-10 minutes of screentime. give them 15 minutes of flashbacks. there really isnt all that much more to tell since you aren't going to get some extended die-hard esque action sequence. and then like... 5 minute conclusion. i dno. seems cut and dry tbh

you can go on youtube and find videos of people posting full gameplay + cutscenes where everything post-David including gameplay sequences (done on one take) take like 35 minutes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol there is no "getting to utah". in the game they cut straight from joel embracing ellie to them being in Utah . you pet a giraffe. and then action sequences that probably wont be in the show anyway, and bam there you are. thats all like 5-10 minutes of screentime. give them 15 minutes of flashbacks. there really isnt all that much more to tell since you aren't going to get some extended die-hard esque action sequence. and then like... 5 minute conclusion. i dno. seems cut and dry tbh

you can go on youtube and find videos of people posting full gameplay + cutscenes where everything post-David including gameplay sequences (done on one take) take like 35 minutes.
    So now we're expecting it to be exactly the same as the game? Okay

And summarizing the entire lead up to the hospital as 'you pet a giraffe" is kind of way underselling it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The last mission gameplay only takes that long if you're playing on easy or with unlimited ammo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The last mission gameplay only takes that long if you're playing on easy or with unlimited ammo
    yeah but factor in that the show has been very light on gameplay sequences and i dont anticipate that changing in the finale

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So now we're expecting it to be exactly the same as the game? Okay
    nope, i'm just saying that there isn't much left to tell, and cited the game itself as evidence, even when including gameplay sequences that likely wont be part of the final episode

And summarizing the entire lead up to the hospital as 'you pet a giraffe" is kind of way underselling it
    other than that its just gameplay of you basically walking around until you reach action sequences that wont be in the show until you get to the hospital. theres some minor dialogue but nothing that would take more than a couple of minutes of screentime max

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not that this has anything to do with the show, but the entire Salt Lake section through the end of the game takes speedrunners about 15 minutes to do (skipping cutscenes) on grounded. The hospital itself takes less than 2 minutes to reach the OR. That's on remastered anyway, I haven't watched much of Part 1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I've watched like 3 episodes in different order and didn't play the game haha

That was a bad ass performance by the Ellie actress. Show is solid there is nothing that comes off as cheesy or overdone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Season 1 turned out way better than I would have ever expected going into the show. Just an awesome series. I wonder how they'll age Ellie to make her look 19 in Season 2 now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Season 1 turned out way better than I would have ever expected going into the show. Just an awesome series. I wonder how they'll age Ellie to make her look 19 in Season 2 now.
    Given that the actress is 19 shouldn’t be too hard. Though she is short

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Oh how the turn tables

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Given that the actress is 19 shouldn’t be too hard. Though she is short
    More the baby face.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Show was okay

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    More the baby face.
    Make-up and loosening the garter is my guess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh how the turn tables
    oh no you really got me!

considering the cut out like half of the level and inserted a random story about joel trying to kill himself, i stand by my original comment. "you pet a giraffe" is still underselling the level prior to reaching the hospital. just because the show chose to condense everything and cut out the traversal through the tunnels/infected bloater encounters, ellie almost drowning, etc, doesnt change that fact imho.

tbh though i dont really need to justify my feelings on the show to you or anyone else, and vice versa. will say that i thought they did a really good job in the final two eps, minus the glaring lack of infected, it was fairly close to the source material which i appreciate. wonder how long it will take for S2 to come out

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    im not sure it could have been adapted much better. definitely want to play the second game before next season rolls out though. playing through it hits diffy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No big surprises, except for removing the tunnel sequence and adding the flashback of Ellie's birth (and cause of her immunity), everything played out almost exactly like the game. I'm really glad they made Joel's body count that high in the hospital since it's possible to get through that part only killing the surgeon. And I have to say, watching it hits differently that playing it (and struggling to get through the hospital sequence). Joel just emotionally shut down, and you could see he was just slaughtering people dispassionately. Either he was going to save Ellie or die himself, and either was okay.

I'm also glad they didn't try to shoehorn anything from Part 2 into this episode. They lingered a bit on the dead doctor, but that was enough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No big surprises, except for removing the tunnel sequence and adding the flashback of Ellie's birth (and cause of her immunity), everything played out almost exactly like the game. I'm really glad they made Joel's body count that high in the hospital since it's possible to get through that part only killing the surgeon. And I have to say, watching it hits differently that playing it (and struggling to get through the hospital sequence). Joel just emotionally shut down, and you could see he was just slaughtering people dispassionately. Either he was going to save Ellie or die himself, and either was okay.

I'm also glad they didn't try to shoehorn anything from Part 2 into this episode. They lingered a bit on the dead doctor, but that was enough.
    yeah he went full terminator mode. was super dark, no ambiguity there. just the shots of his feet slowly, methodically moving forward were pretty menacing

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought Ashley Johnson was superb... that voice is unmistakable too...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I thought Ashley Johnson was superb... that voice is unmistakable too...
    When I first heard her I was like wow they got an actress that sounds a lot like Ellie before realizing duh that's Ellie from the game.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Brigham Young Cougars
    My chick loves this show and so far I'm indifferent to it. I think it's better than most "zombie" flicks/shows just because it's more character building than anything compared to all other "zombie" takes. The gay angle doesn't bother me but damn the last episode it was so blatant what was being pushed and it was a bit weird pushing such issues between minors but that's Hollyweird for you unfortunately.
    .........its more woke ish..........all liberals like the show becuse its catered to them..........

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The amount of butthurt fans replying to that on Twitter is hilarious. Almost three years later and people still think Druckmann is going to change the story. I think that it's ing brilliant, especially that it pissed so many people off. How can you play Part 1 or watch the show with an objective mind and think that Joel was going to live happily ever after?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The amount of butthurt fans replying to that on Twitter is hilarious. Almost three years later and people still think Druckmann is going to change the story. I think that it's ing brilliant, especially that it pissed so many people off. How can you play Part 1 or watch the show with an objective mind and think that Joel was going to live happily ever after?
    Fully agree. He honestly deserved what happened to him

Thread Information