Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    that could track. more him being angry at a soldier than protective over the girl.
    I listened to the podcast and Troy, Neil, and Craig took this even further. They're really leaning on the fact that Joel is ed up. In the video game, Joel is obviously the muscle and Tess is the brains of their smuggling outfit. While the same is true of the show, Tess likely is the only person that can keep him in check. When she's telling him to "take a breath" in the apartment scene, it's like she's talking to a child about to have a temper tantrum. Then when he has a PTSD attack and pummels the guard at the end, he has this realization afterwards like he just ed up again, but he's surprised to see that Ellie kind of liked it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I shouldn't have started watching this show until the season was done, god I hate waiting a week between episodes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    episode started pretty slow, but picked up very well

the last scene with tess seemed unnecessarily disturbing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    episode started pretty slow, but picked up very well

the last scene with tess seemed unnecessarily disturbing
    Same. No secondaries from the grenades.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    So far so good. most of the changes i have been fine with but i will say i really didn't like the change in the last ep to Tess's story. the whole tendril in the mouth thing was weird. her going out like a hoss against the Boston FEDRA pursuers was better but I guess they wanted to cut out the entire escape from the capitol building and figured just making her blow up infected would be the easiest way. but still, I liked her ending in the game way more than how they approached it in the show. minor gripe though

i will say that i wish they had not changed the lore from spores to tendrils though. The spore dynamic of the infection made way more sense than the tendril thing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So far so good. most of the changes i have been fine with but i will say i really didn't like the change in the last ep to Tess's story. the whole tendril in the mouth thing was weird. her going out like a hoss against the Boston FEDRA pursuers was better but I guess they wanted to cut out the entire escape from the capitol building and figured just making her blow up infected would be the easiest way. but still, I liked her ending in the game way more than how they approached it in the show. minor gripe though

i will say that i wish they had not changed the lore from spores to tendrils though. The spore dynamic of the infection made way more sense than the tendril thing
    spores would have been annoying... to have characters in goofy looking gas masks for long stretches at a time. tendrils also make sense because it would show exactly why a bite would transmit the disease. as opposed to it being from what... saliva of the runners?

tess's ending was fine. either way, she sacrificed herself to buy them more time. the way the zombie interacted with her was just unnecessarily uncomfortable. like, what was the point of that? either it knew she was infected (which is why they werent going all feral on her) in which case why do the tendril thing. or if it didnt think she was sick and it was trying to infect her, that was a bizarre way of going about it.

it did serve the purpose that she basically had to endure it, not lash out or panic, because she had to stall and stay calm while she tried to get the lighter to work, and reacting different would have jeopardized that. but the really stupid thing was that she didnt just use one of the dozens of grenades that she threw on the floor rather than fiddling with a damn lighter

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    the thing the show probably does best is the set design. the greenery everywhere. the collapsed buildings. very faithful to the game, but also looks damn good live-action

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I agree the "kiss" thing was weird and I really haven't heard a plausible explanation. But other than that, I've liked the changes to the infection. The spores are used to create tension during some parts of the games, but would make little sense in a live action series. And I also agree with the change at the end from Fedra to the infected. Why would Fedra pursue the Fireflies so far away from the QZ? And Tess, while sacrificing herself to slow them down, only kills like two guys before they drop her. The explosion here allows a clean getaway.

I imagine they'll make other similar changes as it goes on. There's certain enemy encounters in the game (like the bandits at the dam or the ranch) that are mostly there just so the player has something to do other than watch a string of cut scenes.

In any case, it was a good episode but I was kind of going in expecting this to be one of my least favorite. The Boston section of the game up until Bill's town is probably my least favorite section.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I agree the "kiss" thing was weird and I really haven't heard a plausible explanation. But other than that, I've liked the changes to the infection. The spores are used to create tension during some parts of the games, but would make little sense in a live action series. And I also agree with the change at the end from Fedra to the infected. Why would Fedra pursue the Fireflies so far away from the QZ? And Tess, while sacrificing herself to slow them down, only kills like two guys before they drop her. The explosion here allows a clean getaway.

I imagine they'll make other similar changes as it goes on. There's certain enemy encounters in the game (like the bandits at the dam or the ranch) that are mostly there just so the player has something to do other than watch a string of cut scenes.

In any case, it was a good episode but I was kind of going in expecting this to be one of my least favorite. The Boston section of the game up until Bill's town is probably my least favorite section.
    i liked the gag of ellie not being able to swim only to reveal the water was knee deep

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i liked the gag of ellie not being able to swim only to reveal the water was knee deep
    Why is ellie so obnoxious? Is she an expendable character as I am ready to see her get eaten for her stupid actions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why is ellie so obnoxious? Is she an expendable character as I am ready to see her get eaten for her stupid actions.
    She gets beat to death with a golf club pretty early in the game so yeah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    because she's a 14 year old teenager girl

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She gets beat to death with a golf club pretty early in the game so yeah.
    If she sticks around, she better get an epic at ude adjustment as I can't stand her.

because she's a 14 year old teenager girl
    Just a couple of vials of her blood and tissue samples would be safer transport than carry that head around.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If she sticks around, she better get an epic at ude adjustment as I can't stand her.
    I mean she's ing 14 in a destroyed world where you have to be like that to survive. If you don't like her character you might as well just quit watching the show. Are you mad she stabbed the security guy? She was about two seconds from taking a bullet to her head if she didn't since she failed the infection test.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Just a couple of vials of her blood and tissue samples would be safer transport than carry that head around.
    Eh you'll see. They need more than her blood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I mean she's ing 14 in a destroyed world where you have to be like that to survive. If you don't like her character you might as well just quit watching the show. Are you mad she stabbed the security guy? She was about two seconds from taking a bullet to her head if she didn't since she failed the infection test.
    Not mad at her, just don’t like her character. Reminds of Dakota Fanning’s character in War of Worlds with Tom Cruise. I would have abandoned her and her brother after one hour of their .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not mad at her, just don’t like her character. Reminds of Dakota Fanning’s character in War of Worlds with Tom Cruise. I would have abandoned her and her brother after one hour of their .
    I've almost abandoned my own kids on multiple occasions. But without spoiling anything, she goes through a lot of over the course of both games and changes a lot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've almost abandoned my own kids on multiple occasions. But without spoiling anything, she goes through a lot of over the course of both games and changes a lot.
    Thanks!

In shows and movies, there are always expendable characters (like the red shirt crewmen on Star Trek) whose sole purpose is to serve as a warning to others or for comedic effect. I would have cheered for her gruesome demise (like the guy whose intestines are used as a rope to get to a lower floor in the movie Machete).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Episode 2 was solid. Seems like we will get a time jump going into episode 3. Also excited they have Nick offerman coming on

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't like it that much. It's one of the better video game adaptations, but that's a low bar.

Black Summer is still the best zombie series IMO. It's the most brutal and realistic depiction of a collapsing society. One thing I don't like about most zombie shows is, there's generally a group of characters who you know in advance are going to survive to the end and be the heroes because they're the "stars of the show." In Black Summer, everyone is fair game, anyone can die, and you don't know what the is gonna happen next. The acting and cinematography are top tier. Every character is flawed, nobody is a perfect hero, but you can feel empathy for all of their various cir stances and how they cross paths.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Based off 2 eps?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't like it that much. It's one of the better video game adaptations, but that's a low bar.

Black Summer is still the best zombie series IMO. It's the most brutal and realistic depiction of a collapsing society. One thing I don't like about most zombie shows is, there's generally a group of characters who you know in advance are going to survive to the end and be the heroes because they're the "stars of the show." In Black Summer, everyone is fair game, anyone can die, and you don't know what the is gonna happen next. The acting and cinematography are top tier. Every character is flawed, nobody is a perfect hero, but you can feel empathy for all of their various cir stances and how they cross paths.
    So you haven't played the second game?

Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics

Black Summer

The first two episodes of LoU completely blow that out of the water. your last sentence is pretty much describing the LoU games too

Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Episode 2 was solid. Seems like we will get a time jump going into episode 3. Also excited they have Nick offerman coming on
    cant be that much of a time jump I hope, the entire first game takes place over like 10 months

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, just enough time to walk to Bill's Town. Speaking of which, I don't remember if they ever said what that is based on. Just some random small town that neighbors Boston?

Thread Information