Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Man that sucks! Stay safe bro
    Thanks, brah. Currently living out of my car, so I'll survive but it definitely does suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a house right next to Brooks AFB and another right next to Lackland AFB. I've had power and water to both all day. Surprised to hear theres so many outages around the city, tbh.
    Me too except I will now have to pack up and move elsewhere for a bit, after this weather clears up, in order for my HOA/INS to fix my ceiling. My neighbor's fire sprinklers, up stairs, busted and created about 5 leaks in my ceiling. Probably have to replace pretty big sections of the sheetrock up top. I'm not so materialistic so all I had to move were my electronic lab equipment out of here for now.

Things could be worse though and it's sad to think of those who aren't as fortunate to have heat, electricity, water, and food right now. God help them especially those on the streets.

I don't have much food nor water but I can make do for a couple more days.

Hope you all are doing well, staying safe, and staying warm!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Haven't had power since Sunday night.
    I just now got it back after crossing the 48 hour mark. Hang in there!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks, brah. Currently living out of my car, so I'll survive but it definitely does suck.
    Goodluck bro... I don't wish that on anyone. Sorry you're going through that right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    dude, I feel for you and your situation. This is totally unforgivable what happened to millions of people like yourself. Hopefully you’ll get some good news tomorrow (I mean later today)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I just now got it back after crossing the 48 hour mark. Hang in there!
    Yeah mine has been consistently on for a couple of hours now so it seems to be improving.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Thanks everyone. The worst part honestly is the lack of sleep. I've gotten maybe 6 hours of sleep since Sunday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Yeah mine has been consistently on for a couple of hours now so it seems to be improving.
    Hopefully stays on long enough to heat the water. I'm pretty ripe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully stays on long enough to heat the water. I'm pretty ripe.
    You’re not the only one

And saying that, my power is out again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You’re not the only one

And saying that, my power is out again.
    Waiting for that shoe to drop here but at least got a hot meal made. Things should get a little better if the producers and lines don't get ed by this storm.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My family and I are still crammed in my parent's house. It's about 60 years old, small, only has one shower, but at least it has heat and water. We couldn't find a hotel that had rooms available with electricity. I went back to my apartment again yesterday to grab a few things and that place is a disaster. Sprinkler leaks everywhere, fire alarms blaring, busted water pipes... people are leaving en mass. Burglers would have a field day there right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks everyone. The worst part honestly is the lack of sleep. I've gotten maybe 6 hours of sleep since Sunday.
    week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    It's been fun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Damn! It's ing inexcusable that this is happing in the 21st ing century. Stay safe bros.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    We got a slight reprieve today, hopefully the grid holds up tonight so this is done by Friday

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    My family and I are still crammed in my parent's house. It's about 60 years old, small, only has one shower, but at least it has heat and water. We couldn't find a hotel that had rooms available with electricity. I went back to my apartment again yesterday to grab a few things and that place is a disaster. Sprinkler leaks everywhere, fire alarms blaring, busted water pipes... people are leaving en mass. Burglers would have a field day there right now.
    I hope major lawsuits are made over all this and Governor Cripple spends the rest of his sorry pathetic life in prison (yes, people have died and lost everything because of this)... Blood is definitively on his hands for letting this happen, and his cover up attempts are ing pathetic.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Still no power since VDay in my Lewisville Flower Mound apartment. ERCOT, Oncor, and Governor Cripple can all rot in . Also the Texas Apartments Association and its lobbyists. All deserve hard time in the state pen locked up with gangbangers and child predators.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 02-17-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Power came on for a half hour at 3, went out for ten minutes and has been back on since.

Will have to see if there are leaks later but all faucets working inside and out.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Power came on for a half hour at 3, went out for ten minutes and has been back on since.

Will have to see if there are leaks later but all faucets working inside and out.
    Good to hear. Seems like a lot of people who have been fluctuating on/off have had their power for the majority of the day up here in Dallas

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Good to hear. Seems like a lot of people who have been fluctuating on/off have had their power for the majority of the day up here in Dallas
    I'm fine with rolling blackouts if they happen they way that was originally claimed. I think Austin Energy made the first circuits down priorities to get back online which was nice after 50 hours of nothing.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At first it was funny watching ya'll struggle with a normal winter weather for us east coasters but 4 days later its not funny.

Get your together Texas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's been different. Did this a lot growing up in colder regions but not here. Friend in Oregon has been out of power since Friday, won't see it again for a week. I feel blessed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At first it was funny watching ya'll struggle with a normal winter weather for us east coasters but 4 days later its not funny.

Get your together Texas.
    ya'll shut down every week in the winter. Can't get a package out of Boston to save your ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Been on here since about 9am with a brief 40m outtage between 8 and 9. I've shutdown my PC twice waiting for it to drop but it hasn't. Trying to save my UPS.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ya'll shut down every week in the winter. Can't get a package out of Boston to save your ass.
    Maybe in the sticks. The city keeps on rolling.

And Boston weather is even worse so maybe that's the problem and not us.

Thread Information