Lightweight Islam Makhachev vs. Drew Dober
    Light Heavyweight Thiago Santos vs. Aleksandar Rakić
    Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
    Bantamweight Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney
    Bantamweight Song Yadong vs. Kyler Phillips
    Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. Askar Askarov
    Flyweight Rogério Bontorin vs. Kai Kara-France
    Women’s Strawweight Lívia Renata Souza vs. Amanda Lemos
    Early preliminary card (ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass)
    Flyweight Tim Elliott vs. Jordan Espinosa
    Light Heavyweight Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg
    Welterweight Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
    Lightweight Uroš Medić vs. Aalon Cruz
    Bantamweight Mario Bautista vs. Trevin Jones

Last edited by ace3g; 03-01-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Kyler Phillips vs Song Yadong - Fight of the night!!!

I always say it but in positions like that fighters need to attack the side of the body with knees (GSP agrees). Too much focus on head hunting.

Sterling was in the same position earlier in the fight and it could have happened as well.

Last edited by ace3g; 03-07-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Nunes could be all the way across the world from you and her punch would still land!!!

Jan's wrestling in 4th/5th probably got him 10-8 in both.

Veteran
    Post Count
    How do you guys think he'd go against Jon Jones?

Post Count
    Izzy had no power at 205 and Zero TDD.

Post Count
    Jan's wrestling in 4th/5th probably got him 10-8 in both.
    10-8 I didn't think so because it was mostly control.. But Jan Def won..

Post Count
    JAN

Post Count
    8 of Jan's last 10 wins were Underdog

Veteran
    Post Count
    Are you from Poland? If so, congrats on your guy's win. I was going for Adesanya, but I also like Jan. He seems like a great guy and a great champ for Poland. The only reason I bring up Poland is because I did not like Joanna Jedrzejczyk at all and she put me off bigtime. Jan, I like about 1000 times more. Amazing that he was the underdog in 8 out of his last 10 fights. I also like that he wants to fight Jon Jones and when he won the belt, he said he would have preferred to fight Jon Jones for it and take it from him than the way he got it. Shows me he's not scared at all. Great at ude. Really cool guy, who now has taken the respect that he deserves. He should have gotten it before, but now's he's simply taken it.

Post Count
    Are you from Poland? If so, congrats on your guy's win. I was going for Adesanya, but I also like Jan. He seems like a great guy and a great champ for Poland. The only reason I bring up Poland is because I did not like Joanna Jedrzejczyk at all and she put me off bigtime. Jan, I like about 1000 times more. Amazing that he was the underdog in 8 out of his last 10 fights. I also like that he wants to fight Jon Jones and when he won the belt, he said he would have preferred to fight Jon Jones for it and take it from him than the way he got it. Shows me he's not scared at all. Great at ude. Really cool guy, who now has taken the respect that he deserves. He should have gotten it before, but now's he's simply taken it.
    Yes my friend, born in Poland.

That is totally fair. In defense of Joanna I do think the mental bully stuff gave her edge in the women's game. But once she lost it came off as two faced. Arrogant and even y pre-fight and then humble after. It definitely got old.

That mental stuff doesn't work in the men's game. Jan has a great story with his early UFC struggles. I wish I was more into UFC, as my interest has declined from the early 2000s. But this certainly helps. Jones might be too good for Jan but I'll enjoy today. 10 years ago Polaks were celebrating ski jumpers and today it is arguably best soccer player in the World and UFC champion. Happy times for sports fans.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Yes my friend, born in Poland.

That is totally fair. In defense of Joanna I do think the mental bully stuff gave her edge in the women's game. But once she lost it came off as two faced. Arrogant and even y pre-fight and then humble after. It definitely got old.

That mental stuff doesn't work in the men's game. Jan has a great story with his early UFC struggles. I wish I was more into UFC, as my interest has declined from the early 2000s. But this certainly helps. Jones might be too good for Jan but I'll enjoy today. 10 years ago Polaks were celebrating ski jumpers and today it is arguably best soccer player in the World and UFC champion. Happy times for sports fans.
    Cool. Congrats again. Shame that MMA isn't bigger there. I only got into UFC in 2017 (I wish I started watching it earlier).

I guess you are right about Joanna. I just thought she was a terrible person, but I guess it was a mental game/tactic sort of like Connor McGregor used, but then again, I didn't like Conner because of it either. I think she went down the wrong path if she was trying to copy him and/or do something similar to get into the heads of her opponents. In the long run, it had a hand in ruining her career. I think it gave other fighters motivation to beat her.

As for Jan, nothing but class from that guy. He really did TAKE the respect after this win. It wasn't even given to him after first winning the belt. He had to take it by winning a superfight, and now it looks like people are going to start finally respecting him.

I really love that Jan wanted/wants to fight Jon Jones. When I first got into UFC, I was watching a lot of stuff about Jon Jones (this was just before his first comeback against DC), and I thought that he was a new man/had changed and I went for him in that DC fight (it was a great fight and finish - pretty much the perfect comeback, and he seemed classy and fairly humble for a man of his ego in that post fight interview), but then after he tested positive a week or so later, I just don't believe what the guy says anymore in regard to steroid/performance enhancing drug use. He came off as fake to me after that. Like Joe Rogan said, if he just came out and said he was a bad guy, people would probably like him more and/or respect him a little more for telling the truth instead of hiding behind what seems like a fake persona. I just don't know if I trust or believe him anymore. He's a great fighter and has great skills, but I just don't trust or believe a lot of what he says anymore.

I really would be interested to see Jan fight him and I will most likely be backing Jan bigtime. I mean, Jan said in one of the post fight interviews that he'd like to fight him at either light heavyweight, or he'll even go up to heavyweight if he can't do it at LHW. He even joked that if neither of those is a possibility, he'll go to Albuquerque, New Mexico and fight him somewhere there. I love that he's not afraid to fight him and/or content to just keep the belt and defend it against all the other guys. He wants to fight the best and that type of at ude means a lot to me. A lot of other guys would be happy to just hold the belt as long as they can and not want to fight Jon Jones. If someone else won, they might have been happy to avoid him now that he's moving up to heavyweight. Great the Jan isn't one of those types of guys/fighters.

Post Count
    Cool. Congrats again. Shame that MMA isn't bigger there. I only got into UFC in 2017 (I wish I started watching it earlier).

I guess you are right about Joanna. I just thought she was a terrible person, but I guess it was a mental game/tactic sort of like Connor McGregor used, but then again, I didn't like Conner because of it either. I think she went down the wrong path if she was trying to copy him and/or do something similar to get into the heads of her opponents. In the long run, it had a hand in ruining her career. I think it gave other fighters motivation to beat her.

As for Jan, nothing but class from that guy. He really did TAKE the respect after this win. It wasn't even given to him after first winning the belt. He had to take it by winning a superfight, and now it looks like people are going to start finally respecting him.

I really love that Jan wanted/wants to fight Jon Jones. When I first got into UFC, I was watching a lot of stuff about Jon Jones (this was just before his first comeback against DC), and I thought that he was a new man/had changed and I went for him in that DC fight (it was a great fight and finish - pretty much the perfect comeback, and he seemed classy and fairly humble for a man of his ego in that post fight interview), but then after he tested positive a week or so later, I just don't believe what the guy says anymore in regard to steroid/performance enhancing drug use. He came off as fake to me after that. Like Joe Rogan said, if he just came out and said he was a bad guy, people would probably like him more and/or respect him a little more for telling the truth instead of hiding behind what seems like a fake persona. I just don't know if I trust or believe him anymore. He's a great fighter and has great skills, but I just don't trust or believe a lot of what he says anymore.

I really would be interested to see Jan fight him and I will most likely be backing Jan bigtime. I mean, Jan said in one of the post fight interviews that he'd like to fight him at either light heavyweight, or he'll even go up to heavyweight if he can't do it at LHW. He even joked that if neither of those is a possibility, he'll go to Albuquerque, New Mexico and fight him somewhere there. I love that he's not afraid to fight him and/or content to just keep the belt and defend it against all the other guys. He wants to fight the best and that type of at ude means a lot to me. A lot of other guys would be happy to just hold the belt as long as they can and not want to fight Jon Jones. If someone else won, they might have been happy to avoid him now that he's moving up to heavyweight. Great the Jan isn't one of those types of guys/fighters.
    I live in USA now. MMA is more popular in Eastern Europe than USA. Viewed as more attainable than Soccer, Basketball or Corporate. I believe a couple Serbians won their bouts.

Joanna had nothing to lose but fans and sponsorships IMO. One of who she ended up winning over with her performance. Agreed in the very end she looked foolish but almost all compe ive fighters go out humbled in some way. Her streak of dominance will take a while to break for the next woman. I really enjoyed her because she always laid it on the mat and you knew she self motivated with the trash talk. She comes from a medium-smaller city from Poland. Had to work up the ladder.

I think Jon Jones is genuine. Certainly not perfect. And fans usually fall in love with that vulnerability but triumph. If the two meet then Jan will yet again be the Polish Underdog.

Thread Information