Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it’s a terrible idea but I keep wondering about bringing in our propane heater tree thing. At least I’d be warm as I sleep into the forever sleep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it’s a terrible idea but I keep wondering about bringing in our propane heater tree thing. At least I’d be warm as I sleep into the forever sleep.
    My neighbor drained two propane bottles heating his Airstream last night, I sure was glad to see him alive this morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if the Castroville/Hondo area have light?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My neighbor drained two propane bottles heating his Airstream last night, I sure was glad to see him alive this morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how we forget how much we need electricity. A storm like this in 30 years will really you up after the idiot politicians ban gas power plants. Those windmills can't turn in ice storms and those solar panels don't work for when cloudy and covered with snow.
    Seems like zero carbon includes natural gas. And no, those windmills can't turn when the blades ice up.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like zero carbon includes natural gas. And no, those windmills can't turn when the blades ice up.
    So you just made it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with rotating, but it's musical chairs and half of Austin is the first guy out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. I bet there’s gonna be a few people that try that and don’t come out so lucky.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd be happy with rotating, but it's musical chairs and half of Austin is the first guy out.
    it's basically Russian Roulette...If you're in the cross-hairs you're mega-fucced, if not then you get power the whole time while everyone else suffers.
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 02-16-2021 at 09:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you just made it up.
    You are such an asshole. Natural gas is a carbon fuel. What the is your definition of zero carbon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are such an asshole. Natural gas is a carbon fuel. What the is your definition of zero carbon?
    Most folks think natural gas will be in the mix for quite some time. I can't think of a single US politician pushing for or even discussing the absolute elimination of hydrocarbon fuels, can you give an example of what you mean?
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-15-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been blacked out 9 times now since 2AM this morning. Though I wouldn't trade it for what people in Austin are dealing with. Still ing sucks though. What a hole state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there some reason commercial buildings and such can't be shut down building by building?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or making sure the anthem is played at sporting events... that's Texas' priority!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how we forget how much we need electricity. A storm like this in 30 years will really you up after the idiot politicians ban gas power plants. Those windmills can't turn in ice storms and those solar panels don't work for when cloudy and covered with snow.
    San Antonio welcomes natural gas power plants above coal. We have more natural gas than anything else for power. It burns tons cleaner.
    We do have a problem in the state with oil companies asking for relief points so they can just burn or vent the natural gas off as waste, is this what you are referring to? The drilling gets a lot of natural gas when they first drill and some companies dont have the infrastructure to store it. Other companies are actually pissed because they did spend money on capturing natural gas (methane 1 carbon). We got a bit of fight going on right now on how easy permits to keep venting and flaring are given by the land commission.

https://www.kut.org/energy-environme...uestion-is-how

This article has some of the above and would be a more "green" point of view. This proposed tax might have been what you were thinking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas suffers from Soviet style electricity distribution system

ERCOT's software network instantly tests for relative costs of further supply across millions of possible combinations of power sources. It is the present-day manifestation of Kantorovich's model for the Communist, centrally planned Soviet Union of 50 years ago. Its failure is in not having an implied price for future supply in a supply/demand market with growing demand for electricity.

ERCOT's problem with the model has been made evident in the rolling blackouts across Texas over the past several years. A recent letter from the North American Electric Reliability Corporation to ERCOT warns that projected near-future generating capacity is insufficient to meet growth in demand and points to the likelihood of significant short falls in electricity generation and delivery. It is not just cost efficiency in today's electricity delivery that is important.

ERCOT's computer program cannot show future market clearing costs equal to prices sufficient to entice generation and transmission companies to make capital investments to meet future demand growth
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-15-2021 at 10:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name everyone who said to get rid of it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name everyone who said to get rid of it.
    Oh, look; Derp's demanding another list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, look; Derp's demanding another list.
    CC said “crazy politicians” want to ban oil and gas. ChumpDumper asked for an example.

It’s understandable you’d bridle at a request for another poster to back up his/her bs, you run for the hills when it happens to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC said “crazy politicians” want to ban oil and gas. ChumpDumper asked for an example.

It’s understandable you’d bridle at a request for another poster to back up their own bs, you run for the hills when it happens to you.
    He just wanted to call someone else derp, hoping it would catch on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just wanted to call someone else derp, hoping it would catch on
    It never will, who’s going to emulate derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for renewables screwing the pooch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (It was reported this morning, and I repeated here, that nuclear power went offline. That may not be the case.)

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for renewables screwing the pooch

But if we had more plants then we could have avoided this. That's what they'll say

Thread Information