Page 43 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1977
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just show the quote. Would it kill you to back up your claims?
    Your hesitancy to flat out deny it as pure fantasy basically says it all.
    No. Too much time.
    You and I both know.

Thats all that matters to me.
    You can play to the board.

I know your are a disingenuous, lying old man.

Just flat out deny it. Go all the way this time, you have before.
    Go ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You use a different name.
    Go ahead. Put up or shut up.
    I helped figure out the finer points of the ELISA assay.
    Look it up. Its quite important, just like you and your self importance.

You looked something up that does not quite work out bud????
    The Elisa assay as we use it in our work. Its a wide ranging technique.
    Lets see if you will really will do something you dont want to:

On what thread and what post number did I make that post? (since I now have your attention enough to make you go back philo)
    You took time to find it, and I know your proclivity to alter an argument through pure lying or disingenuous editing

Wont you help me/us?
    Go ahead, give it up?
    I would love to see it, and you would too I bet.

edit: perhaps a response to your articles in TIME magazine... bet so.
    No. Too much time.
    You and I both know.

Go ahead.
    Now now, you can't have your cake and have eaten it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Too much time.
    You and I both know.

Go ahead.
    Just deny you ever talked about "interviewing" PHD students in science and finding them lacking based on your assessment.

Then I might look.
    You wont deny it because you did do this.

Just like you said you were an expert in Vacuums and were your own employer.
    And that you had published articles in TIME and Popular Science (again this makes me gag).
    And you DONT talk about your work ^^^^^ sure thing...

Go ahead, deny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just deny you ever talked about "interviewing" PHD students in science and finding them lacking based on your assessment.

Then I might look.
    You wont deny it because you did do this.

Just like you said you were an expert in Vacuums and were your own employer.
    And that you had published articles in TIME and Popular Science (again this makes me gag).
    And you DONT talk about your work ^^^^^ sure thing...

Go ahead, deny.
    1. I've interviewed plenty PhDs. What's the big deal? That doesn't make me a headhunter unless you don't understand the term "headhunter".

head·hunt·er
    /ˈhedˌhən(t)ər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a person who identifies and approaches suitable candidates employed elsewhere to fill business positions.
    "a headhunter offering you a wonderful new position at a higher salary"

2. Students aren't employed elsewhere. People who put in resumes or apply for internships aren't being recruited by headhunters. I was interviewing them for a role in a company I was working for then.

3. That's not my job now.

4. I am an industry recognized high vacuum expert. (not vacuums).

5. I have been published in both Time magazine and Popular Science.

6. I don't talk about what I do now (in detail) online. It's how I earn a living, not going to give it away. There are plenty here (including you) who have the same approach.

So chop chop on the quote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. I've interviewed plenty PhDs. What's the big deal? That doesn't make me a headhunter unless you don't understand the term "headhunter".

head·hunt·er
    /ˈhedˌhən(t)ər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a person who identifies and approaches suitable candidates employed elsewhere to fill business positions.
    "a headhunter offering you a wonderful new position at a higher salary"

2. Students aren't employed elsewhere. People who put in resumes or apply for internships aren't being recruited by headhunters. I was interviewing them for a role in a company I was working for then.

3. That's not my job now.

4. I am an industry recognized high vacuum expert. (not vacuums).

5. I have been published in both Time magazine and Popular Science.

6. I don't talk about what I do now (in detail) online. It's how I earn a living, not going to give it away. There are plenty here (including you) who have the same approach.

So chop chop on the quote.
    So now you go anal to reestablish credibility.
    Headhunter would work fine if you were involved with a school looking for post docs in a certain area.
    Vacuum(s) ... oh the horror.

The machine vs. instrument thing...

I don’t talk in detail because it would fall on deaf ears and bore the crap out of people who don’t give a (as it should)
    And I am far from special. Take anyone who got the parenting and had some money and was used to hard work and they could do what I do (Edit: have a bit of over curiosity) I got put in a good situation and got LUCKY with the people I associated with. I actually appreciate my situation. I don’t go through stories of being dirt poor and trudging through the snow... AND: Being white and male in the US was part of the luck. I also get this... Being around educated white males who had/ have wide avenues. Hopefully most posters just skip this selfish bull crap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small farmers are struggling after the Texas big freeze

Small, diversified farmers are bearing the brunt of a lack of state support

"The thing with the freeze is, it wasn't just a weather event. It was a total system collapse,"

the failure of the state's power grid caused millions in damages for farmers across the state.

more than half of the region's grapefruits and nearly all of the Valencia oranges have been lost, and

citrus farmers in the region will also likely have no crop for next year.

Livestock losses were also widespread, and could reach $228 million in costs and lost income for farmers and ranchers as herds and flocks died in the freeze and feed costs skyrocket.

for small and diversified farmers, the losses are especially significant and will continue for months to come.

"This frost coming through has basically killed all mature vegetables and wiped me out of all saleable crops.

"There are definitely two–three months of investment in plants, tending things, weeding things, growing things . . . that's just gone,"

these crop losses will drive up food costs and even cause shortages at food banks when needs are high.

The crop loss is causing the state's food banks to rethink their sourcing, ramping up their purchasing from out-of-state, which drives costs up.

https://www.salon.com/2021/03/15/sma...reeze_partner/

Ain't unregulated, free market, screw-everybody Capitalism great?

The tiest possible product for the highest possible price, TX overpaid $28B to unregulated electricity system vs regulated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you go anal to reestablish credibility.
    Headhunter would work fine if you were involved with a school looking for post docs in a certain area.
    Vacuum(s) ... oh the horror.

The machine vs. instrument thing...

I don’t talk in detail because it would fall on deaf ears and bore the crap out of people who don’t give a (as it should)
    And I am far from special. Take anyone who got the parenting and had some money and was used to hard work and they could do what I do (Edit: have a bit of over curiosity) I got put in a good situation and got LUCKY with the people I associated with. I actually appreciate my situation. I don’t go through stories of being dirt poor and trudging through the snow... AND: Being white and male in the US was part of the luck. I also get this... Being around educated white males who had/ have wide avenues. Hopefully most posters just skip this selfish bull crap.
    Still waiting for the quote. The gratuitous yapping not needed.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small farmers are struggling after the Texas big freeze

Small, diversified farmers are bearing the brunt of a lack of state support

"The thing with the freeze is, it wasn't just a weather event. It was a total system collapse,"

the failure of the state's power grid caused millions in damages for farmers across the state.

more than half of the region's grapefruits and nearly all of the Valencia oranges have been lost, and

citrus farmers in the region will also likely have no crop for next year.

Livestock losses were also widespread, and could reach $228 million in costs and lost income for farmers and ranchers as herds and flocks died in the freeze and feed costs skyrocket.

for small and diversified farmers, the losses are especially significant and will continue for months to come.

"This frost coming through has basically killed all mature vegetables and wiped me out of all saleable crops.

"There are definitely two–three months of investment in plants, tending things, weeding things, growing things . . . that's just gone,"

these crop losses will drive up food costs and even cause shortages at food banks when needs are high.

The crop loss is causing the state's food banks to rethink their sourcing, ramping up their purchasing from out-of-state, which drives costs up.

https://www.salon.com/2021/03/15/sma...reeze_partner/

Ain't unregulated, free market, screw-everybody Capitalism great?

The tiest possible product for the highest possible price, TX overpaid $28B to unregulated electricity system vs regulated.

My peach tree is blossoming, so according to Darrin there is no agriculture problem in Texas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Blackouts Are the Outcome of Systems for Private Gains at Public Expense

Our state is a cautionary tale about power generation that’s privatized and poorly regulated.

The big companies who run so much of the grid in Texas failed to winterize their infrastructure, leading to massive blackouts and tremendous suffering.

We knew this could happen, because it already did.

These same failures wreaked havoc after a winter storm
    back in 2011, but politicians — often with industry donations in their pockets — failed to fix the problem.

It was the corporations, utilities, and regulators who failed.

But it’s ordinary folks who bore the brunt of losing power who are being forced to pay — literally.

Why are they doing this? Because they can.

Our deregulated, privatized utilities in Texas are designed for private gain at public expense.

https://truthout.org/articles/texas-...ublic-expense/

Pro-business ALWAYS means the customer, patient, employee, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's old for sure but comes naturally
    enough penis talk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey! Tough crowd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want me to tell you what yapping is not needed expert and published author?
    You said it. You have interviewed PHD candidates. My "guess" as to why was completely understandable if you understand what was already written. As far as I am concerned its up to me to believe you or not. Given your history... yeah...

I dont look up stupid details like you do. I remember them and thats why you actually admitted to it while refusing to talk about your work after you insist I talk about mine.

Just shut up already.
    Or if you really dont believe me I can give you tons of crap about proteins and attaching crap to them you cannot read by googling; but you will understand I actually do know wtf I am talking about. You dont want this pissing match because you already have tried it. Or maybe you do. But then you would have to talk about your work... and you dont do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's old for sure but comes naturally
    Bend over, I'll ing show you something old that comes naturally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want me to tell you what yapping is not needed expert and published author?
    You said it. You have interviewed PHD candidates. My "guess" as to why was completely understandable if you understand what was already written. As far as I am concerned its up to me to believe you or not. Given your history... yeah...

I dont look up stupid details like you do. I remember them and thats why you actually admitted to it while refusing to talk about your work after you insist I talk about mine.

Just shut up already.
    Or if you really dont believe me I can give you tons of crap about proteins and attaching crap to them you cannot read by googling; but you will understand I actually do know wtf I am talking about. You dont want this pissing match because you already have tried it. Or maybe you do. But then you would have to talk about your work... and you dont do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then stop the expertise in yapping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spent years filing false claims
    given plenty rope/hangs himself in front of the forum
    cannot back up anything he's said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spent years filing false claims
    given plenty rope/hangs himself in front of the forum
    cannot back up anything he's said
    Oh I did....

We got an expert Vacuum guy writing articles for big publications while berating PHD students he interviews and I got to back up claims...

Just find a field to go lay down in mouth down.
    Backing up claims... "I dont give specifics about my work, top secret stuff this vacuuming"
    Popular Science... sure thing. You wrote a letter to the editor concerning punctuation.

I need more emoticons, spare some for this post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still yapping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still yapping
    Yapped your yapping Dr. Vacuum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yapped your yapping Dr. Vacuum.
    At least you dropped the "s".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ken Paxton gets Griddy customers off he hook

Griddy Energy customers are off the hook for their outrageous electric bills for February, according to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

The attorney general’s office sued Griddy under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act on behalf of 24,000 customers who have a ulative $29.1 million in unpaid electric bills from the week of freezing temperatures in Texas last month.

Paxton’s office also said it’s working with Griddy to get some “relief” for people who have already paid their bills, some of which were several thousand dollars each.

“Griddy and my office are engaged in ongoing good faith negotiations to attempt to address additional relief for those Griddy customers who have already paid their storm-related energy bills,” Paxton said in a statement.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...g-291-million/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Patrick feuds with Speaker Phelan, pushes clawback bill in TX Senate:

At Patrick’s behest, the Senate scrambled Monday to pass Senate Bill 2142, which would force Texas’ energy grid operator, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, to claw back about $4.2 billion in charges after an independent market monitor found ERCOT artificially inflated prices and overbilled energy companies by $16 billion.

While Patrick has repeatedly characterized those billions of dollars in charges as a mistake, House Speaker Dade Phelan, R-Beaumont, said in a statement earlier Tuesday that there was “no error” in the operator's pricing and instead called it “a proactive decision.” Phelan also expressed skepticism with reversing such charges and said doing so “based on disagreement with PUC and ERCOT’s management decisions is an extraordinary government intervention into the free market.”

“ERCOT and PUC failed Texas repeatedly during this tragic event, but the decisions made on pricing were made based on ensuring the reliability of the grid,” Phelan said. “I believe that these decisions saved lives.”
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...g-legislature/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott reverses and asks the PUC chairman to resign, which he promptly did.

Too chummy with the companies he regulated.

Update: On Tuesday night, PUC chairman Arthur D’Andrea, who was appointed chairman by Governor Greg Abbott less than two weeks ago, has resigned. In a statement, Abbott said, “Tonight, I asked for and accepted the resignation of PUC Commissioner Arthur D’Andrea. I will be naming a replacement in the coming days who will have the responsibility of charting a new and fresh course for the agency. Texans deserve to have trust and confidence in the Public Utility Commission, and this action is one of many steps that will be taken to achieve that goal.”
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/wa...xas-blackouts/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Monthly has obtained a recording of a 48-minute call on March 9 in which Texas Public Utility Commission chairman Arthur D’Andrea discussed the fallout from the February power crisis with investors. During that call, which was hosted by Bank of America Securities and closed to the public and news media, D’Andrea took pains to ease investors’ concerns that electricity trades, transacted at the highest prices the market allows, might be reversed, potentially costing trading firms and publicly traded generating companies millions of dollars.

“I apologize for the uncertainty,” D’Andrea said, promising to put “the weight of the commission” behind efforts to keep billions of dollars from being returned to utilities that were forced—thanks to decisions by the PUC—to buy power at sky-high prices, even after the worst of the blackout had passed.

Billed as “Learning the Texas Two Step: A Chat with the PUCT,” the call originally was scheduled for early February but was postponed until after the winter storm. The conversation shows a coziness between a top Texas regulator and some of the biggest players in the electricity market at a time when the PUC’s oversight is under fire from lawmakers. At one point, during a discussion about whether natural gas, which also saw huge price es during the crisis, would be “repriced,” D’Andrea said no, adding that most legislators understand that gas is priced by global markets and is out of their purview. “But I’ll let you know if I hear anything crazy on it,” D’Andrea said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PUC mandated that the $9,000 prices stay in effect for 32 hours after the market had returned to normal, a move that has angered many municipal utilities and retail electricity providers. Those providers are now struggling with huge bills that they say are unjustified and could push them into bankruptcy, while potentially eventually driving up bills for millions of residential and commercial consumers in Texas. The independent market monitor for ERCOT, the grid operator overseen by the PUC, has called the prices artificially inflated and recommended that billions be returned to purchasers.

Thread Information