Post Count
    blaming the victim

three days snowbound in single digit temperatures without power = flat tire

Samsung should've bought a spare tire

DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you buy a generator and acquire the resources to survive should it happen again? Or did you instead just increase your online ing about it?

Blah blah blah republicans blah blah blah

Republicans didn't tell you to be unprepared.

If you ever have a flat tire, are you going to open your laptop and complain online about it instead of having a spare?
    Another missed dunk.

That's the cranky, out of touch posting I was talking about.

Bog level libertarianism suits you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I notice you've been totally silent on the Texas lege's failure to winterize energy in four legislative sessions and its craven move to lay disaster energy costs to providers on ratepayers.

What's up with that? Are you allergic to criticizing the right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How odd, a bunch of other states got hit by the same winter storm and had nowhere near the Texas level of failure.

Texas provides 30% of the US's energy but can't keep the lights on during a cold snap?

How often do Minnesota and the Dakotas have statewide outages for weeks -- and very nearly, a catastrophic total failure that would have kept electricity off line for months -- when the temperature reaches zero for a few days?

Last edited by Winehole23; 10-25-2021 at 01:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly, individuals' failure to prepare is to blame for anything bad that happened to them.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-25-2021 at 01:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to talk about it, DMC? I hear you're disappointed in the lack of topical conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Arctic blast hit Texas first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's just another Trump . They've all completely sold out.
    Pretty much. At this point if you think Trump was anything other than a total bag... you are part of the cult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you buy a generator and acquire the resources to survive should it happen again? Or did you instead just increase your online ing about it?

Blah blah blah republicans blah blah blah

Republicans didn't tell you to be unprepared.

If you ever have a flat tire, are you going to open your laptop and complain online about it instead of having a spare?
    How Market Manipulation Might Have Worsened The Texas Blackout
    https://www.kut.org/energy-environme...texas-blackout

But Republicans sure made it easy for the people paying them to everybody through gaming the natgas and electricity supply.

Why won't you hold them accountable for that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Market Manipulation Might Have Worsened The Texas Blackout
    https://www.kut.org/energy-environme...texas-blackout

But Republicans sure made it easy for the people paying them to everybody through gaming the natgas and electricity supply.

Translation: NO I did not buy a generator. I am hoping for the best but will about how unprepared the state is if anything happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to talk about it, DMC? I hear you're disappointed in the lack of topical conversation.
    Sure, Did you buy a generator? No? Then you also cannot keep the lights on.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if everyone has a generator, this is still a failure of the Texas government.

DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, Did you buy a generator? No? Then you also cannot keep the lights on.
    You seem to have lost the thread, I'm not the topic nor are purely personal disaster preparations.

What's your opinion about ERCOT's performance re: grid reliability and the Texas lege's response to the statewide outages?

Do you have a take on energy providers disaster cost getting shifted to ratepayers or the windfall pricing that was allowed to remain for weeks after the bad weather had passed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or do you prefer to keep avoiding the topic, to remain a dedicated complaint-complainer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Translation: NO I did not buy a generator. I am hoping for the best but will about how unprepared the state is if anything happens.
    Not really an answer, chicken .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or do you prefer to keep avoiding the topic, to remain a dedicated complaint-complainer?

Same kind blame the victim, but not the rapist mentality. Almost as if he pities the rapist more than the victim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sort of like the average Poster B.

Wait one...

ECHO CHAMBER.

Bingo!

Imagine you've become so jaded on a forum that you never offer a take and spend all your time talking about other people instead. I mean like every post is about someone else, not the thread topic. Of course this is after you've quit several times including your resignation letter after all your friends left you to actually pursue their dreams while you rotted away trying to rekindle that lulz feeling. Just a hypothetical, probably didn't really happen here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to have lost the thread, I'm not the topic nor are purely personal disaster preparations.

What's your opinion about ERCOT's performance re: grid reliability and the Texas lege's response to the statewide outages?

Do you have a take on energy providers disaster cost getting shifted to ratepayers or the windfall pricing that was allowed to remain for weeks after the bad weather had passed?
    So you didn't buy a generator. You must really trust ERCOT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How, by ing about them online? I can be prepared and still hold them just as accountable as you can. Watch...

ERCOT!!! THOSE SUMMA ES!!!

And I have a generator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you didn't buy a generator. You must really trust ERCOT.
    No take on the political topic.

Complaint-complainer it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How, by ing about them online? I can be prepared and still hold them just as accountable as you can. Watch...

ERCOT!!! THOSE SUMMA ES!!!

And I have a generator.
    Are you still going to vote for them? I won't.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick, Ken Paxton...

What a pitiful triumvirate...
    The real joke that is Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fwiw, my car sufficed to charge devices and warm us up when we got too cold in the house during the snowpocolypse.

Fortunately we never lost gas, so we were able to boil water and heat skillets to keep the temperature tolerable in two rooms. Until we lost water, we were able to take hot showers too.

We had enough non perishable food and clean water to last awhile, didn't really miss the Jenny. Without gas service it would have been more rugged for sure, but both of our cars had plenty of gas and we had an impressive blanket fort.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-25-2021 at 08:53 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fwiw, my car sufficed to charge devices and warm us up when we got too cold in the house during the snowpocolypse.

Fortunately we never lost gas, so we were able to boil water and heat skillets to keep the temperature tolerable in two rooms. Until we lost water, we were able to take hot showers too.

We had enough non perishable food and clean water to last awhile, didn't really miss the Jenny. Without gas service it would have been more rugged for sure, but both of our cars had plenty of gas and we had an impressive blanket fort.

We got by fine without a generator.
    I gave my generator away last summer. Smart move...

Had no water or electricity for straight 5 days. Then off and on with the electricity.
    We dont have gas to our house and used the car for charging like you.
    Warming up and some cooking occurred through the fireplace.
    Im lucky I cut a bunch of oak in my yard and have a considerable pile.
    I was physically able to get oak into the fireplace, constantly remove ash, and go back and forth to neighbors in my truck and fill 5 gallon buckets for water.
    More distant parts of our house got below freezing. Our pretty big living room with the fireplace got to 43 degrees at ground level.

If my wife and I were old it would have been much tougher.
    Because we are younger and healthier it was a big hassle but not a life problem. But we had neighbors who needed help.
    Also I must say the dog provided a good deal of heat as he moved from my wifes sleeping bag to mine on the couches next to the fire.
    Some people I know in Austin had a horrible time in apartments.

I would have loved for governor Abbott to have been our guest so I could have wheeled him into a snowbank.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah thankfully we still had those evil fossil fuels saving countless lives.

Thread Information