Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1977
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were home and your power went out again for a few days, I'm sure the female in the house would greatly admire your resistance to toxic masculinity fueled desire to be industrious by actually prepping for the possibility, as you instead use the last bit of your backup battery (assuming you'd even go that far) to post on ST about the injustices of ERCOT and the power grid failures complete with graphs and necro'd threads from 2005.
    we're prepared for next time, thanks for your concern.

lol still having no topical take and just ing about me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were home and your power went out again for a few days, I'm sure the female in the house would greatly admire your resistance to toxic masculinity fueled desire to be industrious by actually prepping for the possibility, as you instead use the last bit of your backup battery (assuming you'd even go that far) to post on ST about the injustices of ERCOT and the power grid failures complete with graphs and necro'd threads from 2005.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say Darrin, what do you think of energy suppliers screwing the pooch, regulators enforcing disaster pricing well after the disaster passed, and the Texas lege letting providers off the hook by foisting the costs on ratepayers for the next 20-30 years? Snowpocolypse is so last year, but the related public swindle will take decades.

There's a political angle to this that you and DMC keep ducking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But go ahead, talk about me some more, makes y'all look really smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're prepared for next time, thanks for your concern.

lol still having no topical take and just ing about me.
    Sure you are

Spare laptop battery?

Being self sufficient and having a beef with a provider are not mutually exclusive. You act like they are. You're not going to fix ERCOT, no one here is, but we can at least find solutions and offer to others suggestions to help them out. This is what friends do. ing about it might make you feel better, but when the lights go out it won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you are

Spare laptop battery?

Being self sufficient and having a beef with a provider are not mutually exclusive. You act like they are. You're not going to fix ERCOT, no one here is, but we can at least find solutions and offer to others suggestions to help them out. This is what friends do. ing about it might make you feel better, but when the lights go out it won't.
    We already had a camp stove, extra water and jerry cans for more water, also a food cache, but we've added this:

ing about captured pols and regulators won't turn the lights back on, but that's where the political blame belongs, no matter how hard you try to shift it back on people who already paid for/voted for public goods and reliability.

lol pretending that a politics bulletin board is a really all about neighborly solicitude and helping buddies out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's so you, DMC

so kind and neighborly and so concerned for the welfare of others in adversity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, lol @ the perennial gripe that bulletin board posting doesn't solve problems.

Who ever said it did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Energy Partners is threatening to cut off the gas 400,000 Vistra customers depend on if Vistra doesn't cough up $21.6M in disputed fees from last year's winter storm.

Vistra has already paid Energy Transfer $600M. Energy Transfer made $2.4B last year.

“Respondents’ threat to terminate service in the middle of winter is illegal and grossly irresponsible and should be prohibited by this Commission,” the filing says.

According to the filing, Luminant spent approximately $1.5 billion for natural gas during the February winter storm, twice its planned natural gas cost to fuel its entire Texas fleet for a full year. The filing says Luminant paid Energy Transfer more than $600 million for natural gas during the winter storm.

Luminant’s position is that the $21.6 million in fees are illegal and would not withstand regulatory scrutiny.

The power company’s contract for natural gas ended in November, according to the filing, and since then, the company has been buying natural gas without a contract since then.

Energy Transfer reported last year publicly that it had made $2.4 billion “from the storm for 2021.”
    https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...6-a2c2c59f0493

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to Kinder Morgan, Texas regulators set disaster pricing and kept it in place well after the disaster passed, guaranteeing the windfall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd time this month. safe to assume freeze offs, Bloomsberg says

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas reportedly lacks real time information on gas production

More recently, when a Jan. 2-3 cold blast knocked out some production, the agency wasn’t able to quantify the scope of the outages — eventually relying on commercial, third-party data to extrapolate a much-lower decline than even the industry later reported.

Citing analysis from S&P Global Inc., the commission said in a post-storm statement that the output drop “accounts for 2% of Texas’ daily production.”

That clashed with separate figures from IHS Market Ltd. and BloombergNEF that showed a production decline of at least 7%, the biggest dip since the February disaster. Fortunately, this month’s chill was short-lived, the grid remained well supplied and Texas avoided any sort of widespread blackouts.

Gas production rebounded to normal as soon as temperatures moderated, a fact that the Railroad Commission cited to support its conclusion that “there was seemingly no apparent significant impact on the market or energy production.
    https://fosterenergyreport.com/news/natural-gas/texas-power-supplies-depend-on-natural-gas-flows-no-one-tracks/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to dip below freezing for an evening and WH is hoping for another disaster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The power stations aren't the problem, natural gas production is the weak link.

Abbott and ERCOT are lying to us about energy reliability in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to dip below freezing for an evening and WH is hoping for another disaster
    I'm hoping against it and shaking my fist at regulators and legislators who shrugged it off.

I don't think it will be cold enough for long enough to create a catastrophic failure this time, but the writing seems to be on the wall about the lack of winterization at the level of natural gas production, which Texas overwhelmingly depends upon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping against it and shaking my fist at regulators and legislators who shrugged it off.
    That'll show em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's prepped

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'll show em.
    That's not why his fist is shaking

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh the problem is solved only because last year was a one off...

Darrin, Snake and DMC, our energy gurus.

Dont read what he actually wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My generator still works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'll show em.
    for Snake Boy's benefit. I guess he sees no cause for concern,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not why his fist is shaking
    Moar fantasies, you can't help yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for Snake Boy's benefit. I guess he sees no cause for concern,
    Did you survive the chilly night?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think it will be cold enough for long enough to create a catastrophic failure this time, but the writing seems to be on the wall about the lack of winterization at the level of natural gas production, which Texas overwhelmingly depends upon.
    To be fair that was like a once in a hundred year storm, I am pretty sure we won’t have to worry about having another one in our lifetime. On the other hand Hot Summers have me more worried as Texas Utilities are going to have to start building more plants and these plants are not cheap 500 to 700 million and Wind and Solar are not going to handle peak demand if people really want to go Green then we invest in Nuclear I just read that Finland is building a New Nuclear plant

Thread Information