Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s absolutely no excuse for any of this. The executive team at ERCOT should have resigned by now, but won’t. Instead, their c suite will continue to take the hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation while the state becomes a literal third world country. And the idiot electorate won’t do anything to vote out the republican de-regulation state leadership that allows ERCOT to not ins ute controls on energy producers of place contingency plans for clearly predictable emergencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s absolutely no excuse for any of this. The executive team at ERCOT should have resigned by now, but won’t. Instead, their c suite will continue to take the hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation while the state becomes a literal third world country. And the idiot electorate won’t do anything to vote out the republican de-regulation state leadership that allows ERCOT to not ins ute controls on energy producers of place contingency plans for clearly predictable emergencies.

Power companies failure to invest in Texas’s infrastructure and generating capacity also figure in, but you’re right that the responsibility the outages for lies with ERCOT, which failed to plan for the problem or manage it when it got here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor cuckold reaping what he sews.

Biden didn't ban oil and gas, simply put a moratorium on new leases in federal property.

In other words, Lauren hit and miss, and you ate fake news again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas produces more energy than any US state. 4 million Texans have no power tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaaaaaaand my power just went out again

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaaaaaaand my power just went out again
    Look at the bright side. More low income houses that can't be powered are being built.

RandomGuy

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Might want to fix the roof
    Apartment renters don't typically fix the roofs in the hallway of their complex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas produces more energy than any US state. 4 million Texans have no power tonight.
    This. It is one of the main sources of natural gas for the world but somehow is unable to convert massive nat gas reserves to ensure each of its citizens has heat to keep from freezing. This is what a failed state looks like.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. It is one of the main sources of natural gas for the world but somehow is unable to convert massive nat gas reserves to ensure each of its citizens has heat to keep from freezing. This is what a failed state looks like.
    The Texas cowboys gas lines are not insulated so the very low temperature has dropped the pressure and the pumps can't keep up but also temperature sensitive instrumentation and process control devices have been ed up on coal and nuclear plants they must be all engineers from Texas A&m

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never let a disaster go to waste and I'm sure when we get past this week puc/ercot Will get their revenge out of our pockets

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How many Republicans so far have blamed the shutdown of the Keystone Pipeline for this?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might want to fix the roof
    Looks like he kept his water dripping as instructed
    He kept his apartment dripping with water from above?
    the roof = his roof but he does not own it because the apartment complex does...

Even if this is fake the responses are astounding.
    I must have missed something long before this I guess.
    Or are you guys for real?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In context

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, didnt realize there were big outages in virginia too. we've ducked it so far.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren’t we adult enough not to have to censor “ ”?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas electric grid operator says frozen wind turbines are hampering state's power output: report
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...rt/ar-BB1dHSyR
    It’s almost like there was a preestablished narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s almost like there was a preestablished narrative.

Fossil fuel groups and their Republican allies blamed the power failures on frozen wind turbines and warned against the supposed dangers of alternative power sources. Some turbines did in fact freeze — though Greenland and other northern outposts are able to keep theirs going through the winter.

But wind accounts for just 10 percent of the power in Texas generated during the winter. And the loss of power to the grid caused by shutdowns of thermal power plants, primarily those relying on natural gas, dwarfed the dent caused by frozen wind turbines, by a factor of five or six.

https://apple.news/AiNhNLOlMQoaQceIgQKTQAw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although temporary, one factor that may have hurt was that the sudden high wholesale price of electricity may have caused ERCOT’s computers to order companies to “shed load” — that is, cut off customers — rather than deal with the e in costs.

The state’s Public Utilities Commission ordered ERCOT on Monday to allow for those high prices. They almost certainly will not last long, as temperatures are already rising. The cost of that electricity, at least in the short run, probably will fall most heavily on the retail utilities.

Disgusting if true. There should be criminal charges filed against the Texas PUC and ERCOT for their response to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty confident that when the smoke clears it will be the independent power producers that got caught with their pants down unhedged against Ng price es that shut down instead of losing their ass. I agree its wrong and we need to fix it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Although temporary, one factor that may have hurt was that the sudden high wholesale price of electricity may have caused ERCOT’s computers to order companies to “shed load” — that is, cut off customers — rather than deal with the e in costs.

The state’s Public Utilities Commission ordered ERCOT on Monday to allow for those high prices. They almost certainly will not last long, as temperatures are already rising. The cost of that electricity, at least in the short run, probably will fall most heavily on the retail utilities.

Disgusting if true. There should be criminal charges filed against the Texas PUC and ERCOT for their response to this.
    Hooray for unfettered capitalism.

Socialize energy now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn, didnt realize there were big outages in virginia too. we've ducked it so far.
    More down trees taking power lines in Virginia but no rolling blackouts.

No major power outages that I have read or experienced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC said it's true. You Trump supporters end up saying that he same things most of the time.
    Take it up with him, idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty confident that when the smoke clears it will be the independent power producers that got caught with their pants down unhedged against Ng price es that shut down instead of losing their ass. I agree its wrong and we need to fix it.
    I’d be shocked if the producers hadn’t hedged and loaded up on cheap NG for at least a couple of years. What would be criminal is if they sold those hedges and took profit instead of delivery. And then refused to buy in the spot market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In context

How about Chicago though? I mean, Oregon!

Thread Information