Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1977
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair that was like a once in a hundred year storm, I am pretty sure we won’t have to worry about having another one in our lifetime.
    That's not the way probability works, and there's a baseline assumption that may not be correct, that underlying weather patterns are stable and predictable. The next 100 year storm doesn't know when the previous one happened, nor where it hit.

A weakened polar jet stream might have been the culprit last year.

https://climatechange.ucdavis.edu/climate/definitions/what-is-the-polar-vortex

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you survive the chilly night?
    Stands With Shaking Fist kept warm via the fist shaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just ing admitted there is a ing problem you dumb .
    Nicotine fit in progress.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stands With Shaking Fist kept warm via the fist shaking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the way probability works, and there's a baseline assumption that may not be correct, that underlying weather patterns are stable and predictable. The next 100 year storm doesn't know when the previous one happened, nor where it hit.

A weakened polar jet stream might have been the culprit last year.

https://climatechange.ucdavis.edu/climate/definitions/what-is-the-polar-vortex
    It’s all about the odds with your same assumption we should be ready for a Category 5 Hurricane to hit us directly which would knock out power for weeks not days depending on the wind. There is only so much you can do just look at New Orleans. It comes down to cost are you willing to pay extra for your bills for something that may happen or might not happen and sometimes even with all the planning Mother Nature is still going to get ya.

As far as Gas being the weak link I do agree with you a lot of them have not done nor will do anything to be Winter ready as they are also playing the odds and also the cost

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair that was like a once in a hundred year storm, I am pretty sure we won’t have to worry about having another one in our lifetime. On the other hand Hot Summers have me more worried as Texas Utilities are going to have to start building more plants and these plants are not cheap 500 to 700 million and Wind and Solar are not going to handle peak demand if people really want to go Green then we invest in Nuclear I just read that Finland is building a New Nuclear plant
    We had rolling blackouts and price es in 2011 when it got cold for like one day here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had rolling blackouts and price es in 2011 when it got cold for like one day here.
    A bunch of people lost power the other day when it was windy. We don't actually need significant weather events for our lights to go out here in TX.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A bunch of people lost power the other day when it was windy. We don't actually need significant weather events for our lights to go out here in TX.
    All the more reason to have a backup system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dabom is one giddy ing tweaker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm yeah electric runs through electric lines which high winds impact when they blow trees and limbs break during wind or ice storms. Unless you live in a city where all there electric lines are buried like Las Vegas you will have issue. But it could be worse you could be in Cali where your electric providers burns down forest and subdivisions because of electric sparks and has rolling blackouts and yeah they doing huge rate increases to pay for putting line in ground

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm yeah electric runs through electric lines which high winds impact when they blow trees and limbs break during wind or ice storms. Unless you live in a city where all there electric lines are buried like Las Vegas you will have issue. But it could be worse you could be in Cali where your electric providers burns down forest and subdivisions because of electric sparks and has rolling blackouts and yeah they doing huge rate increases to pay for putting line in ground
    Or be like Texas where you get huge rate increases for nothing whatsoever in exchange because it got cold a few days in a row.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just chalk it up to inflation your pretty much paying a more for everything; eggs, gas, cars, etc.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just chalk it up to inflation your pretty much paying a more for everything; eggs, gas, cars, etc.
    Do you chalk up the freezing deaths to inflation too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell fathands doesn't know about generators.
    dabom is one giddy ing tweaker.
    Fat-hands hates being called fat-hands.

He cannot help but lash out with stupid (like this post) when he is butt-hurt.

Expect more “you do not troll me, I troll you” from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fat-hands hates being called fat-hands.

He cannot help but lash out with stupid (like this post) when he is butt-hurt.

Expect more “you do not troll me, I troll you” from him.
    "likes" my post accidentally then melts down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "likes" my post accidentally then melts down.

Proves my point.

“You do not troll me, I troll you.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or how about the government do their ing job?
    In privatized, de-regulated TX, it's the gas/electric Capitalists who own the govt and don't do their ing jobs, more Capital gained, and no punishment, only $10B gained, when 100s die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonsense, the rate increases were announced a year ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ERCOT let gas price rise from $26 to $9000,

AND let it stay there for a couple days after Uri was gone.

Gas companies' (self-created) "disaster Capitalism" won them about $11B in less than one week due to their own competent greed and incompetent operations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with you in that I don’t mind people making money but it should be like when we see Gas es at gas stations the Gas stations just can’t raise prices 5 to 10 higher then the markup is. A few Gas companies charged astronomical prices that are way out of line hopefully lawsuits that have been filled will prevail

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with you in that I don’t mind people making money but it should be like when we see Gas es at gas stations the Gas stations just can’t raise prices 5 to 10 higher then the markup is. A few Gas companies charged astronomical prices that are way out of line hopefully lawsuits that have been filled will prevail
    The system worked exactly as it was designed to work. If you're surprised by that you should have paid more attention when it was set up.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The system worked exactly as it was designed to work. If you're surprised by that you should have paid more attention when it was set up.
    The governor signed an order saying they could do that for sake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we have forecasts of low 20s Thursday and Friday night. Wonder if we're due for more rolling blackouts thanks to Perry and Abbott ensuring our electric grid is .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we have forecasts of low 20s Thursday and Friday night. Wonder if we're due for more rolling blackouts thanks to Perry and Abbott ensuring our electric grid is .
    Democrats are in a constant brain blackout so no worries for you,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats are in a constant brain blackout so no worries for you,,,,
    shhh... adults are talking

Thread Information