Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lopsided
    Bob Parish and the Warriors #3 pick (became Kevin McHale) for the #1 overall pick, whom the Warriors used to acquire Joe Barry Carroll. Warriors also got #13 (became Ricky Brown.)

Rigged

Kwame Brown for Prime Pao Gasol.
    Kream Jabbar for Dave Meyers

Hearing the Curry Slurpers worship got me to thinking.....
    While the pickup of Durbetta was while he was a *free agent*, probably bull as rumors of Gaymond Green and others tampering with Durbetta to collude to be a Gay Area Warrior seem entirely believable. Seems like someone on SpursTalk posted some info on this.

Which ones have you got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pau Gasol trade was utter bull , served up courtesy of Jerry West.

I'd say the Anthony Davis trade was pretty bull as well. Lonzo Ball was already nearly a bust, Jason Hart is a decent backup player, and Brandon Ingram is hilariously overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thread and answer is basically anything involving the Fakers and stars and superstars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs TANKED to get Tim Duncan

Biggest tank ever

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Pau Gasol trade was utter bull , served up courtesy of Jerry West.

I'd say the Anthony Davis trade was pretty bull as well. Lonzo Ball was already nearly a bust, Jason Hart is a decent backup player, and Brandon Ingram is hilariously overrated.
    What better package was on the table besides what the Lakers offered?

AD was seen as talented but injury prone and not playoff proven. Only now that the Lakers rang and are in position to repeat, you wanna be salty about it. OK, stay salty

You wanna be mad at someone, be mad at your team for trading Kiwi for DeFrozen straight up Now that's bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

AD was seen as talented but injury prone and not playoff proven. Only now that the Lakers rang and are in position to repeat, you wanna be salty about it. OK, stay salty

You wanna be mad at someone, be mad at your team for trading Kiwi for DeFrozen straight up Now that's bull .
    We got Poetl too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew/LDN/$$$ for DePression/Poeltl/1st was pretty one-sided tbh, even with that first becoming KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah, bruh, the Davis trade had Adam Silver written all over it. Just dumb to please PED-head LeBron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah, bruh, the Davis trade had Adam Silver written all over it. Just dumb to please PED-head LeBron.
    You still haven't answered my question. What package was out there, that was better than what the Lakers offered for AD?

Also, explain exactly how Adam Silver played a part in AD's trade to the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still haven't answered my question. What package was out there, that was better than what the Lakers offered for AD?
    Teams don't publicize every offer.

Laker troll on a Spurs board.
    Get a new schtik.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a trick question?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody remembers whatever trash the Grizzlies got in return for their clear top-of-the-line center in Pau Gasol.
    That trade was clearly designed to send someone to lead Kobe Pippen to rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew/LDN/$$$ for DePression/Poeltl/1st was pretty one-sided tbh, even with that first becoming KJ.
    True, but made under duress as all NBA teams knew Nephew may well bolt (and did) after his one year with said team.

Will we ever hear what really came down?

Thank goodness for KJ. Is making the trade far less lopsided.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know that. Wow.
    Altho drafts can be tricky in that who knows who will develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if I remember the Dirk pick trade involved "Tractor" Taylor (RIP)

Bucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some won and some lost in AD trade but LAL came out like bandits in the end as Ball was and is a bust.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6...james-pelicans

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen was traded for a four or five overall. There was talk about him being on the down hill too. So, I don't count that.

KG; the T-Wolves got a lot of sh** back inc. all star Al Jefferson. And people forget that Minny had been trying and trying to get equitable value but it was difficult b/c people didn't want to play in Minnesota. I think the Laker riders like to pretend that the trade was rigged sh**.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lopsided
    Bob Parish and the Warriors #3 pick (became Kevin McHale) for the #1 overall pick, whom the Warriors used to acquire Joe Barry Carroll. Warriors also got #13 (became Ricky Brown.)
    So basically if GSW had drafted Kevin McHale it would've been a good trade.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Allen was traded for a four or five overall. There was talk about him being on the down hill too. So, I don't count that.

KG; the T-Wolves got a lot of sh** back inc. all star Al Jefferson. And people forget that Minny had been trying and trying to get equitable value but it was difficult b/c people didn't want to play in Minnesota. I think the Laker riders like to pretend that the trade was rigged sh**.
    I just treat the photo as reminder that sometimes...you only win 1. Although that Game7 with Lakers I was very infested

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just treat the photo as reminder that sometimes...you only win 1. Although that Game7 with Lakers I was very infested
    C's threepeat and quite possibly then some if KG doesn't kill his knee in 2009.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was Jeff Green. Who was basically Durant's baby Pippen for a couple years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically if GSW had drafted Kevin McHale it would've been a good trade.
    Correct.
    We'll never know who the Celtics would have then taken at #3. But GS would have had a solid. I've heard reasonable people call McHale the best PF of his era.
    I loved the guy. Had Lenny Bias not od'd no telling how many legit Championships the 86+ Celtics continue to stack. Some think they could have slid McHale over to sharing center with Bob Parish and extended both of their careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mchale was one of the best PF of all time. He rarely gets mentioned as he played in the shadows of bird. The only player who has an argument of having better post moves than mchale was Hakeem.

Not only that, he is also ultra efficient and a great defensive player.

He’s in the same strata as Barkley and Garnett in the all time PF list. Basically the Pippen of PFs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mchale was one of the best PF of all time. He rarely gets mentioned as he played in the shadows of bird. The only player who has an argument of having better post moves than mchale was Hakeem.

Not only that, he is also ultra efficient and a great defensive player.

He’s in the same strata as Barkley and Garnett in the all time PF list. Basically the Pippen of PFs.
    Note: Duncan’s footwork as great if not better than McHale and before injuries Walton’s were as well.

Thread Information