Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas officials on Wednesday announced a state takeover of Houston’s nearly 200,000-student public school district, the eighth-largest in the country, acting on years of threats and angering Democrats who assailed the move as political.

The announcement, made by Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s education commissioner, Mike Morath, amounts to one of the largest school takeovers ever in the U.S. It also deepens a high-stakes rift between Texas’ largest city, where Democrats wield control locally and state Republican leaders have sought increasing authority following election fumbles and COVID-19 restrictions.

In a letter to the Houston Independent School District, Morath said the Texas Education Agency will replace Superintendent Millard House II and the district’s elected board of trustees with an appointed board of managers made of residents from within the district’s boundaries.

Morath said the board has failed to improve student outcomes while conducting “chaotic board meetings marred by infighting” and violating open meetings act and procurement laws. He accused the district of failing to provide proper special education services and of violating state and federal laws with its approach to supporting students with disabilities.
    https://apnews.com/article/houston-s...c2583fb850d42e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WGAF state run or dem run it's all the same indoctrination stations tbh with no ROI in the kids because the teachers are ing horrible and cultists who kneel to woke ideology unfortunately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WGAF state run or dem run it's all the same indoctrination stations tbh with no ROI in the kids because the teachers are ing horrible and cultists who kneel to woke ideology unfortunately.
    Why do you think the teachers are horrible?
    Are the teachers horrible in NISD and NESD as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think the teachers are horrible?
    Are the teachers horrible in NISD and NESD as well?
    They're horrible all over this country. Why are you playing coy when you could just check the stats PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're horrible all over this country. Why are you playing coy when you could just check the stats PG?
    Because you are fkn wrong.
    Look how kids perform in PUBLIC schools with a high socioeconomic status.
    I went to a very good public school in this city and got a very good education that prepared me very well for undergraduate and graduate school.
    And I was not the valedictorian or close to it. You are just flat out wrong.

The worst public schools accompany the poorest people. Its not rocket science to understand this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went to a very good public school in this city and got a very good education that prepared me very well for undergraduate and graduate school.

The worst public schools accompany the poorest people. Its not rocket science to understand this.
    Really, who GAF about an 11th grade flunky venting about school systems?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really, who GAF about an 11th grade flunky venting about school systems?
    He quit in the 11 th grade?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Big government republicans doing big government things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He quit in the 11 th grade?
    Yup, he is the ST board flunky.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This fascist govt by TX bags, behind the pretext that BLUE Houston's ISD was failing.

How will the Repug toadies on the board and other changes improve HISD students' performance?

It ing won't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm wrong while you reminisce about how schooling USED TO BE and conflating it with today's public education. Sure bud!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, he is the ST board flunky.
    Well thats to bad.
    I know kids that quit who were quite bright but just did not like the whole setup. They could not sit and learn.
    Imo trade schools should something looked upon as something worthwhile if they can get one a job that is preferable for that person.
    There is no doubt some high schools just check rudimentary boxes that pass kids so that an employer knows they show up for work, can read and write and do some math. Nothing wrong with this except if they could be also learning something more useful and tailored to their strengths it would be useful. In my experience just helping friends with tear down and remodels there is a lot of need for good people who know how to put things together properly and promptly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wrong while you reminisce about how schooling USED TO BE and conflating it with today's public education. Sure bud!
    It STILL IS.

How many teachers do you know and how much volunteer tutoring have you done?
    You live in your own tiny hole.

Good schools are often associated with higher socioeconomic areas.
    You dont believe this? The classes taught now are more advanced than what I took.
    There are MORE AP classes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You came out great tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll never post the stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe now you'll get the prayers in school you desperately want

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am playing coy... you dont even know what the fk coy means.
    I told you NISD and NESD have some excellent schools.
    Do you want the names of some the individual schools so you can look up stats?

Now I will say it appears that covid such a bunch of kids back.
    But there are some very good teachers teaching very good classes. There are some very good teachers teaching very basic classes.
    Where the did you go to school that was so horrible for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It STILL IS.

How many teachers do you know and how much volunteer tutoring have you done?
    You live in your own tiny hole.

Good schools are often associated with higher socioeconomic areas.
    You dont believe this? The classes taught now are more advanced than what I took.
    There are MORE AP classes.
    Yes there are way more AP classes but there's more teachers also becoming best buds with their students and preaching the bs they preach to them. Why are most kids inept at the most minuscule of tasks? Where's their critical thinking skills at? Individuality? Etc...

You thinking I am just ing and moaning because drones are being produced is ludicrous. These kids may be book smart but they're dumb af when it comes to the reality of life itself.

And no I don't live in a tiny hole of my own. You do realize I come in contact with a more diverse amount of people than you do on a more intimate level day in and day out, right? I get to listen to their hour(s) long stories about their lives and those around them. Not that I really want to be someones ear to lean on but that's what this business is thought to be about but it sure does seem to be one aspect of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes there are way more AP classes but there's more teachers also becoming best buds with their students and preaching the bs they preach to them. Why are most kids inept at the most minuscule of tasks? Where's their critical thinking skills at? Individuality? Etc...

You thinking I am just ing and moaning because drones are being produced is ludicrous. These kids may be book smart but they're dumb af when it comes to the reality of life itself.

And no I don't live in a tiny hole of my own. You do realize I come in contact with a more diverse amount of people than you do on a more intimate level day in and day out, right? I get to listen to their hour(s) long stories about their lives and those around them. Not that I really want to be someones ear to lean on but that's what this business is thought to be about but it sure does seem to be one aspect of it.
    You dont even help in the schools.
    gtfoh you have no clue what you are writing.
    We are talking about the schools.
    Just because you did not fit in dont pretend everyone else you. You sound like these old conservative farts "well in my day I nailed my head to the ground, for common sense purposes"

And socially HS is very tough on some people and thats where a lot of the hate comes from, not the teaching and material.
    You want socially awkward, have them home schooled.

You dont have a fkn clue fk Ukraine.... holy , you are just willfully hateful.
    I guess its good you work alone and just get to listen to the like a barber or bartender. That IS the real world.
    I work with other people together, I have to. Otherwise PROJECTS that require diverse expertise DONT get done.
    Its called cooperation and respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am playing coy... you dont even know what the fk coy means.
    I told you NISD and NESD have some excellent schools.
    Do you want the names of some the individual schools so you can look up stats?

Now I will say it appears that covid such a bunch of kids back.
    But there are some very good teachers teaching very good classes. There are some very good teachers teaching very basic classes.
    Where the did you go to school that was so horrible for you?
    You say I don't know what coy means as if that's reality. Why are you so bitter PG? Is it the mul ude of hidden cams coming out about teachers doing less teaching and more indoctrinating?

Yes there's AP classes but there's also dip kids with no clue about the reality around them whether they're just dumb af or in those AP classes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say I don't know what coy means as if that's reality. Why are you so bitter PG? Is it the mul ude of hidden cams coming out about teachers doing less teaching and more indoctrinating?

Yes there's AP classes but there's also dip kids with no clue about the reality around them whether they're just dumb af or in those AP classes.
    Yes there are.
    They are fkn teenagers!
    Are you saying you understood the world as a teenager, you had it all figured out?
    What the fk is wrong with you?

Hidden cams? No cherry picking eh?
    I have seen wide open cams on Zoom etc... with teachers teaching doing a great job. I have had the chance to help out with some of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because you did not fit in dont pretend everyone else is.

I work with other people together, I have to. Otherwise PROJECTS that require diverse expertise DONT get done.
    Its called cooperation and respect.
    What do you mean I didn't fit in back in HS or whatever? I fit in just fine with everyone tbh. What the do you actually know?

I'm glad not to work with those like you and pretend that I give af about my coworkers. Been there, done that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes there are.
    They are fkn teenagers!
    Are you saying you understood the world as a teenager, you had it all figured out?
    These are your words PG. You do this time and time again. Why keep acting like you're not projecting?

I never said I have anything figured out let alone as a teen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean I didn't fit in back in HS or whatever? I fit in just fine with everyone tbh. What the do you actually know?

I'm glad not to work with those like you and pretend that I give af about my coworkers. Been there, done that.
    Ill tell you what I know.
    I know you dont know wtf you are talking about when you over reach and say schools are awful.
    Go BACK and read my first statement and look at the le of the thread.
    Quit being a dumbass.

You dont even know me. And yes you could not work WITH me. I cant tattoo and you cant do molecular biology. I must work with people. And I must meet people who work with people to see new concepts and techniques. I HAVE TO get along with people. If you dont, good for you. It appears to fit your personality.

Thread Information