My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market is going crazy.
    What are your top graded psa/bgs cards?

I was lucky to buy a Tim Duncan 1997 Bowman Refractors 9.5 BGS a decade ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , really? I still have a Tim Duncan 2002 card that he autographed for me in 8th grade. I'll never sell it, but I wonder what it's worth. It's been preserved pretty well, being double-wrapped in card protectors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was shocked as well. Kid is getting into cards and some packs are hundreds of dollars each. I don’t know what they are called but it’s insane. Bought s box of cheaper upper deck hockey cards for him and there is literally nothing good in the entire box.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have an uncut sheet of the Spurs from the late 80's pre David. Also have a DR rookie still in the package, top card see thru package. Used to have a lot of cards but gave them all to my nephew years ago. Friend found some in his grandmothers attic, all those small football cards from waaaaay back. That was pretty wild going though those with a Beckett's book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was shocked as well. Kid is getting into cards and some packs are hundreds of dollars each. I don’t know what they are called but it’s insane. Bought s box of cheaper upper deck hockey cards for him and there is literally nothing good in the entire box.
    imo new packs are worthless since they are still in production. Sure, some kid has to have a specific card so that might raise the value to a dealer but I would always stick with older rare cards. Once Upper Deck came out and then all these other stupid cards with holograms and gold this or that, I lost interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Individual sellers have to sell them at 1/10th or less of what the experts claim they're worth.
    They're a terrible financial investment, frankly. But it can be okay if it's a moderate bit of fun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Individual sellers have to sell them at 1/10th or less of what the experts claim they're worth.
    They're a terrible financial investment, frankly. But it can be okay if it's a moderate bit of fun.
    It's hard to preserve them and keep them into mint condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if this horse can make money, i wonder why the chinese hasnt mass produce fake cards to sell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to preserve them and keep them into mint condition.
    The holder is worth more than the card

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a load of baseball cards from when I was a kid. Like easily 1000+. Some rare ones in there. Will have to see if any of them are worth some money now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those were the days - flipping cards and chewing that stale hard gum hoping for a rare find.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a load of baseball cards from when I was a kid. Like easily 1000+. Some rare ones in there. Will have to see if any of them are worth some money now
    I had a big collection that had some worth. But my time was over and I gave them all away to people who loved them more than me.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    baseball cards are literally worthless because of junk wax era.........you could have a rookie hank arron & it would be worth 3 cents

pokemon/nba cards are in a comeback period now thanks to youtube/tiktok but both will go threw a baseball junk wax if not careful of overproduction

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I had a big collection that had some worth. But my time was over and I gave them all away to people who loved them more than me.
    sorry to break it to you your baseball cards were worthless.......unless you had cards from the early 30s/40s/50s you had junk wax........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry to break it to you your baseball cards were worthless.......unless you had cards from the early 30s/40s/50s you had junk wax........
    They were/are worth a dime on the dollar. You can sell cards.
    You're just going to get $10 for a Ken Griffey rookie card instead of the $100 or whatever they claim it's worth.
    But that's for a big ticket item. Anything smaller than that and you're selling in bulk to get a penny on the dollar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back pogs, plz.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So, where are y'all seeing that cards are more valuable now and where are you finding the value? I haven't had a Beckett subscription in 30 years.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Separately, any of you into this NBA Top Shot ?

I'm late to the game and I can't even register an account.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...l-collectibles

Just read this. Rich people with too much money on their hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back pogs, plz.
    Lmao

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Last time I stopped in hobbies store and bought a few packs

Overall Fleer Ultra over Upper Deck. I have a strong set of baseball cards growing up. But in middle school, same bro I went to the shop with recently, him and I both have the full '94 X-Men Fleer Ultra set. That was fun experience.

I remember the cost exploding and less cards per pack. For example these IPad sized cards.

Last edited by FrostKing; 03-01-2021 at 04:02 AM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Luka Doncic rookie sports card just sold for $4.6M, which is the highest selling card in history.

Thread Information