Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Anyone here accessorize or mod their cars?

I was reading this article about HUDs and that looks so sick

https://www.reviewgeek.com/71078/the...-for-your-car/

I wanna put one on my Bimmer.
    i've never been that into it. some people are car enthusiasts, some see them purely as tools. i tend to fall in the latter category. though some accessories are practically useful too. HUDs like that are cool though. my dad's old z06 had a windshield projected hud like some of the pics in there

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    HUD’s are awesome tbh. Being able to check your speed without ever taking your eyes off the road makes a way bigger difference than you’d think, even for those split seconds. Once you get one you won’t want to drive without it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    HUD’s are awesome tbh. Being able to check your speed without ever taking your eyes off the road makes a way bigger difference than you’d think, even for those split seconds. Once you get one you won’t want to drive without it.
    one thing i hate about the subaru we picked up is that there's only an analog speedometer, ing arhcaig. some of the other cars we looked at like comparable kias/hyundais had the analog dial but then also had the digital one in the middle. even my old-ass civic has the giant neon blue digital speedometer just below the windshield that was

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i've never been that into it. some people are car enthusiasts, some see them purely as tools. i tend to fall in the latter category. though some accessories are practically useful too. HUDs like that are cool though. my dad's old z06 had a windshield projected hud like some of the pics in there
    Oh yeah, I meant the ones that improve safety and make driving more tolerable are game changers.

Backup cameras that display on your rear view mirror or console
    HUD displays
    Mirrors (or cameras) that help with your blind spots
    White led lights on your head lamps that better illuminate night time driving

That last one though... the assholes who get leds and blind oncoming traffic. Big pet peeve of mine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    I'm about to hit the market for a new car myself. Thinking of going with Hyundai Elantra, but my brother just got a 2020 Toyota Corolla that I like.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm about to hit the market for a new car myself. Thinking of going with Hyundai Elantra, but my brother just got a 2020 Toyota Corolla that I like.
    Good decision, although if you're going with the Corolla/Camry I'd suggest a hybrid, it's not much more and it pays for itself since gas is sharply on the rise. But Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi's are trash tier brands and unreliable. For sedans only get a Toyota or Honda.

Also Corollas 2018 and later, and Camry's 2021 and later have that ugly sticker-upper tablet for a dashboard instead of the traditional dashboard, I hate it. It's like someone gorilla-glued a tablet to the dashboard and it's fugly and obstructs driving vision.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Oh yeah, I meant the ones that improve safety and make driving more tolerable are game changers.

HUD displays

That last one though... the assholes who get leds and blind oncoming traffic. Big pet peeve of mine.
    Hard to find a car without a backup camera these days

buy agreed on all that stuff. Especially the led lights. Feel like high beams when you’re facing them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    For that size, I’d limit my search to a Corolla or Civic. Test drive them, see what options are available on trims at price range you’re looking at. Both of those models are tried and true, cost effective, fuel efficient, reliable, etc.

elantra will probably compare pretty well with them tbh, but with the civic/Corolla you have more reason to believe it will be a hassle free vehicle to own

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hard to find a car without a backup camera these days

buy agreed on all that stuff. Especially the led lights. Feel like high beams when you’re facing them
    Which is funny because it’s a chicken and egg kind of thing, which came first the mod or backup cams basically being standardized now? But yeah, most after market modifications are made out of necessity and car makers copy those ideas and eventually standardize them.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

HUD displays

In my mid 40s and those LED lights get worse as I get older.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i just picked up a 2018 forester
    wife already gave the front bumper a nice scrape on a concrete pillar

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wife already gave the front bumper a nice scrape on a concrete pillar
    that was fast

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    smh women and driving

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    part of me wants to just tell her to take our beater civic every day, but with spurraider jr in the oven, want that thing as safe as possible

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    part of me wants to just tell her to take our beater civic every day, but with spurraider jr in the oven, want that thing as safe as possible
    OH !!!!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Or somebody jr tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Or somebody jr tbh
    Your mom jr

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Good decision, although if you're going with the Corolla/Camry I'd suggest a hybrid, it's not much more and it pays for itself since gas is sharply on the rise.
    For the difference in price to purchase the hybrid over a conventional 4cyl, you will need to buy like $8,000 or more in gas to make up the difference. Hybrids are not worth it unless you just want to help the environment a bit. They will not save you money in the long run. Well, only if you keep that Hybrid for 15yrs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    For the difference in price to purchase the hybrid over a conventional 4cyl, you will need to buy like $8,000 or more in gas to make up the difference. Hybrids are not worth it unless you just want to help the environment a bit. They will not save you money in the long run. Well, only if you keep that Hybrid for 15yrs.
    depending on where you live and what gas prices look like, it could be worthwhile.

when i was living in LA, my drive to work and back was 25 miles each way. my wife's drive to school around that time was about 18 miles each way. and while a lot of that was highway driving, some of the highways in LA during typical rush hours dont perform any better than city/streets.

on a camry, the difference between the regular and hybrid is 23mpg in city, and 14mpg highway. thats pretty massive if you're somebody who has a decent daily commute. gas prices in LA are also considerably higher than where i live now

the difference in costs between a 2021 camry and a 2021 camry hybrid is about $2,500 just by running a basic search. i was easily spending ~2000 on gas per year (likely more if i sat down and thought about it). if i could improve fuel efficiency by the amount listed above, id easily have made all the money back by year 3

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    depending on where you live and what gas prices look like, it could be worthwhile.

when i was living in LA, my drive to work and back was 25 miles each way. my wife's drive to school around that time was about 18 miles each way. and while a lot of that was highway driving, some of the highways in LA during typical rush hours dont perform any better than city/streets.

on a camry, the difference between the regular and hybrid is 23mpg in city, and 14mpg highway. thats pretty massive if you're somebody who has a decent daily commute. gas prices in LA are also considerably higher than where i live now

the difference in costs between a 2021 camry and a 2021 camry hybrid is about $2,500 just by running a basic search. i was easily spending ~2000 on gas per year (likely more if i sat down and thought about it). if i could improve fuel efficiency by the amount listed above, id easily have made all the money back by year 3
    Yeah if you live in California, Pennsylvania or really anywhere on the west coast, having a hybrid pays for itself in gas cost reductions in like a year or two at most.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Millennial_Messiah
    Simply The GOAT.

This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    my old ass 2008 civic got rear ended today. nothing serious ,but the trunk was caved in enough where a part of it is popped out, to the point where i looks like if it rains, water is going to get in. would rather the thing just got totaled tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    my old ass 2008 civic got rear ended today. nothing serious ,but the trunk was caved in enough where a part of it is popped out, to the point where i looks like if it rains, water is going to get in. would rather the thing just got totaled tbh
    Surprised they didn’t consider that a total loss with how old the car is. I had an old 2004 Camry back in 2012 and it got side swiped. They considered it a total loss and paid me out the value

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Surprised they didn’t consider that a total loss with how old the car is. I had an old 2004 Camry back in 2012 and it got side swiped. They considered it a total loss and paid me out the value
    just happened with my wife driving this morning, i havent gotten it assessed yet. Though it’s only got 130k miles on it, so I’m skeptical theyd call it a total loss

its especially annoying because just last month our newer car (from the OP) got popped in a hit and run, so we just finished with that claim/repair
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-26-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    while i dont have an imminent need (maybe year or so down the road)... my god when peeking at the used car market, prices are just astronomical. comparing to about 2 years ago at this time, its night and day

Thread Information