My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The House passed President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus package on early Saturday, moving the legislation to the Senate for a vote where it likely will meet even more resistance.

The Democratic-controlled House voted 219-to-212 to pass the "American Rescue Plan." The package will now go to the Senate where it requires 51 votes to pass through reconciliation.

"This legislation is transformative, lifting 12 million Americans out of poverty and generating $1.25 for every dollar spent, and a great source of pride for us all because this legislation would cut child poverty in half," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said from the House floor on Friday evening before the vote. "As we advance this legislation, we will continue to fight for $15 [minimum wage]."

https://money.yahoo.com/house-passes...070640949.html

---------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting to see what happens in the final bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully, Senate does not mess it up.

President Biden has agreed to narrow eligibility for a new round of $1,400 stimulus payments in his $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill, under pressure from moderate Senate Democrats who’ve pushed for more “targeted” spending in the bill.

Under the new structure, the checks would phase out faster for those at higher income levels, compared to the way the direct payments were structured in Biden’s initial proposal and the version of the bill passed by the House on Saturday.

Under the plan passed by the House last week, individuals earning below $75,000 per year and couples making up to $150,000 per year would qualify for the full $1,400 stimulus payment. The size of that payment begins diminishing for higher earners. Under the House plan, individuals making up to $100,000 per year and couples making up to $200,000 per year would receive a partial payment less than $1,400 per person, scaled down depending on income.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Biden is a pussy.

I would have put a condition of my own. I’d agree to that but since we’re targeting people who need the money more, I’d add the extra 600 to make it an even 2000.

If you’re cutting off the 75 and above bracket then you should divert that spending down below.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any tax increases in it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hopefully, Senate does not mess it up."

it will be messed up, delayed, gutted, etc by the feckless Dems to please the sociopathic Repugs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hopefully, Senate does not mess it up."

it will be messed up, delayed, gutted, etc by the feckless Dems to please the sociopathic Repugs
    Last tweaks already happened and Manchin and lesbo are happy with it so they'll vote for it. Besides, unemployment benefits expire on the 14th and letting that expire will have some ed up consequences republicans and democrats want nothing to do with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 2 months of discussion house democrats agree to agree with themselves

Now onto the Senate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butthurt that Democrats are helping people noted. Pelosi will be laughing all the way to her next term

Thread Information