Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree about Boston, they have their two main guys in place, they are going to win int he next 5 years, i'm almost certain of that, it's Boston, of course they're gonna win, that's how it goes.
    Nets are one KD injury away of becoming irrelevant again and unfortunately for KD that is a huge possibility with his recent history, i'm still not sure he's gonna make it until the end this season.
    Finally, if i'm Philly i'm going for Lowry now because the East is open if KD goes down.
    Wrong on the first two accounts. Boston is looking much closer to bad than to good. This isn't a contender and if they don't figure something out, they're a treadmill team. They don't scare anyone.

Nets are beating teams already without Durant, so I don't know what your point is. The Harden trade turns out to have been genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news. Look at the top 16 teams this season and you'll see none of them have been vaulted into consistent deep playoff runs by top tier top 10 drafted talent and they've been treadmill outside of a single season of a deep playoff run in the past decade. The most successful teams are ones who get there by shrewd moves or because theyre a big market and lame ass stars want to team up there.

A lot of people have been fooled by this illusion. Can't think past drooling over top 10 talent without the nuances behind it.
    I think this is very true. Being a small market team, the Spurs are taking a huge risk taking the "tank" approach to rebuilding. We're not going to attract top free agents most of the time and so we're going to have to build from within. Most small market teams, especially in today's NBA, don't hang onto their franchise players. Other than Milwaukee, I can't think of a small market team that's been able to hold onto their superstars. Get a star, don't win, lose him, start over, and suck for a long, long time. That's essentially what folks are pining for in here.

The Spurs were incredibly lucky to have Tim Duncan stay in San Antonio, and surround him with other stars in Parker and Ginobili who were also satisfied being here and taking less fame and fortune, to allow them to build a championship level team. Not sure we'll see that situation again, but I do like our young core. They have hints of that type of loyalty, and perhaps more untapped talent yet to show itself. I think Pop is doing it right, and the FO needs a little credit for how they've been able to keep the team compe ive. 7-8 seeds may not be exciting, but what I am excited about is the strength of the young core and how you might be able to add one or two "stars" to this group, maybe not "superstars" and have a chance for a deep playoff run from what's being built...all without tanking. This is a small market team without deep pockets from ownership, had our home-groomed star bail on us, yet the Spurs are somehow always still compe ive. And, this team is fun to watch. Not sure how folks can complain much...but of course they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree about Boston, they have their two main guys in place, they are going to win int he next 5 years, i'm almost certain of that, it's Boston, of course they're gonna win, that's how it goes.
    Nets are one KD injury away of becoming irrelevant again and unfortunately for KD that is a huge possibility with his recent history, i'm still not sure he's gonna make it until the end this season.
    Finally, if i'm Philly i'm going for Lowry now because the East is open if KD goes down.
    This might be one of the worst takes of the month. Boston is ting the bed, but with the SAME two key pieces, they’ll win within 5 years, when they’re both older, possibly past 30?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be one of the worst takes of the month. Boston is ting the bed, but with the SAME two key pieces, they’ll win within 5 years, when they’re both older, possibly past 30?
    You seem to forget easily what Boston is all about. Never underestimate them. Boston always finds a way to win somehow, just watch, it will happen somehow, you know it will, history taught us that. They dont remain without a chip that long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong on the first two accounts. Boston is looking much closer to bad than to good. This isn't a contender and if they don't figure something out, they're a treadmill team. They don't scare anyone.

Nets are beating teams already without Durant, so I don't know what your point is. The Harden trade turns out to have been genius.
    They are not winning f.ck all without KD, never gonna happen, i'm more than 100% certain, don't be a prisoner of the moment, as for Boston, just watch, they will find a way, its Boston, they are one of the NBA favorite teams, they want them relevant, they are not Chicago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to forget easily what Spurs is all about. Never underestimate them. Spurs always finds a way to win somehow, just watch, it will happen somehow, you know it will, history taught us that. They dont remain without a chip that long.
    Fixed it for you. Spurs have won more rings than Boston these past decades yet you're quicker to give Boston the benefit of the doubt before the Spurs. Your reasoning is flawed, admit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to forget easily what Boston is all about. Never underestimate them. Boston always finds a way to win somehow, just watch, it will happen somehow, you know it will, history taught us that. They dont remain without a chip that long.
    They’ve been without one for five years longer than we have, and that included being spotted a handful of high picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not winning f.ck all without KD, never gonna happen, i'm more than 100% certain, don't be a prisoner of the moment, as for Boston, just watch, they will find a way, its Boston, they are one of the NBA favorite teams, they want them relevant, they are not Chicago.
    I have no doubt this Nets team could win without Durant. Hint: you might want to watch them, as I do every game.

Boston, lol. Whatevs, bro. They're pretty bad. Hint: actually, like watch the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt this Nets team could win without Durant. Hint: you might want to watch them, as I do every game.

Boston, lol. Whatevs, bro. They're pretty bad. Hint: actually, like watch the NBA.
    I have picked the Nets to win it all but they can't win it all without KD. They can win regular season games without him but can't win the le without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember his first year when Murray really struggled with Lonzo Ball while he was in LA. Ball was too strong and gummed him up on defense and while that Lakers team was trash, Ball was much better on offense.

Since then, Ball seems to have stagnated. The advanced metrics suggest he is no longer a plus defender, while Murray is, while Ball remains the better offensive threat. Meanwhile, it seems like Murray is making a leap and is heading upward and Ball's future with the NOP is in doubt.

Just an observation, watching NO play Boston right now. Hard work paying off for Murray, while Ball just seems like the same player he was.
    Ball refuses to work
    Has a at ude like most kids his age
    Does not have to earn anything
    Wants everything for free
    Lots of people here in spurs talk like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejointe is much better and has a better work ethic. He’s improved a lot from the super raw quick long guard with bad dribble no shot and lacking PG skills through hard work. Londzo came in overhyped and seems to be the same bad shoote he’s been since he came in. He’s had an occasional hot streak but he’s been terrible every time I have watched him. Really glad about Dejounte’s development. He’s finally turning into the player I thought He could be in the best scenario for him. It just took him 2 years longer bc of the injury and it cannot be overstated how doubtful that looked in the past. Many young players lose such key time in their development setting them back enough that they don’t realize their best perceived outcome. Great to see in DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely feel like Murray has passed Lonzo at this point. Ball is good, but has long stretches where he doesn't impact the game (like Ingram), while Murray is impacting things continuously. Great to see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see one by one your examples. The Sixers were a fluky Nephew shot away from going to the finals imo. They would've beaten the Bucks(i don't trust the Bucks and Bud at all), They have a real shot this year imo.
    Brooklyn is in a big market unlike us, can't use them as an example
    Bucks were just lucky but they f.cked up by having a fed ex guy for a GM because their owners want to meddle
    Boston is one legit big away of true contention but they have the talent in place to become true contenters in the not distant future, young players need time to evolve even if they are top talent and i'm pretty sure Tatum is gonna be pretty great and even Brown, i'm not sure i can say that about our guys.
    Toronto has probably the best GM in the NBA and a top 3 coach imo and they lucked into taking nephew.
    Charlotte have GM MJ, nothing else needs to be said.
    Orlando is the 8th seed for a few years now, they dont draft high, they were the definition of treadmill team, maybe they can tank properly this season.
    Cleveland used their tanking lottery picks and got Love and won the chip, you forgot about that.
    A team with a competent GM can tank and go straight to contention. We're not talking about incompetent organizations(Knicks,Bulls)
    This is a terrible post on so many levels.

I love the Cleveland example, completely ignoring that what brought them the le.was resigning Lebron James, who happened to be from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from the for sure can't miss guy like DRob, Duncan, Shaq, KG, James, Dirk, etc. I have never truly cared about top 10 talent. It seems since LeBron, there really hasn't even been an elite #1. I personally like the talent we seem to find in the mid teens, late 20s, and late 2nd round. We don't always pick the youngest or most freakishly athletic. We do place a high value on character, humility, and BBIQ. We also go after guys who will be team first and not hero ballers. I think this is a huge reason for our continued success. Lord knows, it is very difficult to get top free agents to sign with us. We must maintain a frugal and fiscally responsible mindset, since we do not have the bottomless wallets of other franchises. So, it is absolutely vital and imperative that we draft well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel a little sorry for Lonzo. Dad, for one. Then, he’s the only one of the Laker high draft pick young talent diaspora to not get the AS nod. DLo, Ingram, and now Julius Randle all have been selected. Then, he gets passed up by the #29 pick in his draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely feel like Murray has passed Lonzo at this point. Ball is good, but has long stretches where he doesn't impact the game (like Ingram), while Murray is impacting things continuously. Great to see.
    It’s neat to think that if you redrafted the 2016 draft, Spurs arguably have two top 10 players on the squad from it.

(And if Spurs can get Collins this summer, you may be able to say the same for 2017!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s neat to think that if you redrafted the 2016 draft, Spurs arguably have two top 10 players on the squad from it.

(And if Spurs can get Collins this summer, you may be able to say the same for 2017!)
    We only had one pick that year.

Edit: forgot about poodle.
    Last edited by exstatic; 02-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel a little sorry for Lonzo. Dad, for one. Then, he’s the only one of the Laker high draft pick young talent diaspora to not get the AS nod. DLo, Ingram, and now Julius Randle all have been selected. Then, he gets passed up by the #29 pick in his draft.
    His dad told the entire world his sons will be in the NBA and it happened. He obviously did something right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His dad told the entire world his sons will be in the NBA and it happened. He obviously did something right.
    He also said all of them would be playing for the Lakers, and zero of them currently are. He also started a failed shoe clothing brand. He also said Lonzo would be the best PG in the NBA, and he’s currently struggling to separate from a guy picked 27 spots after him.

Sometimes it’s OK to just say nothing, but some people never learn that lesson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also said all of them would be playing for the Lakers, and zero of them currently are. He also started a failed shoe clothing brand. He also said Lonzo would be the best PG in the NBA, and he’s currently struggling to separate from a guy picked 27 spots after him.

Sometimes it’s OK to just say nothing, but some people never learn that lesson.
    He got got his sons to the NBA. His sons love him and he's present. We need more dads like Mr. Ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got got his sons to the NBA. His sons love him and he's present. We need more dads like Mr. Ball.
    Mr. Walker, Mr.. White and Mr. Vassell also got their sons to the NBA. Mr. Johnson also one in the NBA and one in the gleague. Braggadocio and hyperbole in the national press isn’t required.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    arguably daddy ball was part of the pre lebron Lakers turmoil but in actuality he was sidelined behind Kobe and ownership so his bufoonery didn't really cost them much and in retrospect Ball was less harmful than Uncle. Maybe Ball would be more harmful to a small market team? Without Ball, the nba position is that an all star level player can leave a small market team during their contract easily via sit outs or massive pressure to trade.

From the best outcome (lonzo is an borderline all star who gets in off hype) and the worse (busts out of the team and plays in China) we're in the middle. What is amazing about Daddy Ball is that he got more than one son into the lottery. Every nba player (except KAwhi) has a dad. Arguably Guys like Murray and keldon lost lifetime money by being late lottery while Lonzo gets overpaid. So as much as the style of the Balls is bufoonish they've done well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the people here overestimate the importance of Lavar in the league and underestimate the fact that he put all his kids in the best basketball league in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing after all this time a bunch of yahoos are still all over Lavar Bell's jock. A bunch of gibbering buffoons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check out the Mom if you want to see where these guys got their hoop DNA.
    She's a beast.

From the interviews I've seen the sons tolerate the Bio Father, don't love him.

Thread Information