Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    instead of having the Championship NOW!!! mentality, they would have been damn good with:

Lebron
    Brandon Ingram
    Julius Randle
    Kuzma
    DeAngelo
    Ball

I could see that team competing for a championship at this point. The Lakers never wait on their draft pick to develop, that takes to long. They basically trade away and then BUY superstars to get their ships.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    julius left, he wasn't traded

that team would be beyond atrocious defensively

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    instead of having the Championship NOW!!! mentality, they would have been damn good with:

Lebron
    Brandon Ingram
    Julius Randle
    Kuzma
    DeAngelo
    Ball

I could see that team competing for a championship at this point. The Lakers never wait on their draft pick to develop, that takes to long. They basically trade away and then BUY superstars to get their ships.
    I'm one of the biggest Laker homers out there. I respectfully disagree (on a few players listed).

Julius requested that the Lakers let him become an UFA when Bron signed in 2018. Not sure why.

I would have been cool with keeping D'Lo, but Magic screwed the pooch by not drafting Tatum (noted childhood Laker fan) or even Fox. Instead he drafted Longo (SMH).

Actually, I forgot about Jordan Clarkson - who's balling for 25-6 Utah. I remember not even wanting D'Lo. But -25 points for me for wanting Big Ja instead

"The one that got away" for me was Ingram. BI is the best player on the BRPelicans, but Zion gets all the hype. Love the AD trade because we got a chip out of it, but I think BI is 15lbs away from being at least a top 15 player. And he's like 23.

But yeah, the Lakers were never patient like the Spurts. They only develop hall of fame talent (Kobe). Everyone else is expendable in pursuit of #18 (for example they waived Quinn Cook last night; opened up a 2nd roster spot; good young, cheap player - expendable). Always been Dr. Buss mantra. Good to see Jeannie doing what it takes now that she 86'd her brother. So I'm good with going all in for Bron and trading all the young guns for AD. To me it was worth it (Mickey Mouse ring ).

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Maybe some partial truths in the premise, in theory, though unprovable either way obviously. But things never really go exactly as planned when you use revisionist history. D-lo and Lonzo were never going to be paired together. Right now, maybe you could see them playing together in the same backcourt, but both were viewed as lead guards who would have the ball in their hands most of the time. There was no future where they believed they would keep both. And then once you start messing with who you keep, you likely change win-loss record, where just 1-2 more wins might possibly change your luck with the ping pong balls and some of the latter picks aren’t available to be drafted. Moreover, keep all those young kids, perhaps that changes the desperation of the Lakers and maybe even prevent them from courting LeBron. One small change, butterfly effect.

That’s the trouble with these should have, could have, would have scenarios.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take half a season of Davis and a Mickey Mouse ring than those scrubs.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If they were seriously patient they'd forbid Davis till next season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If they were seriously patient they'd forbid Davis till next season.
    Cully glad to see you back in a post Trump world.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's funny that Kuzma was the last man standing in purple and gold out of that group, when he's easily the worst player

I only wish the Lakers had managed to keep BI. Not saying he's a centerpiece but he's so much better than Kuzma in every facet of the game.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cully glad to see you back in a post Trump world.
    Hey, Killa, good to be back.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It's funny that Kuzma was the last man standing in purple and gold out of that group, when he's easily the worst player

I only wish the Lakers had managed to keep BI. Not saying he's a centerpiece but he's so much better than Kuzma in every facet of the game.
    Pelicans never had much of an interest Kuzma. David Griffin was high on BI before he took the Pels job. He only leveraged Kuzma for those extra draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line current Fakers stink now without Davis as pseudo MVP and stat king James cannot lead them as they free fall.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in the would take Ingram and Julian over Anthony Davis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in the would take Ingram and Julian over Anthony Davis?
    Im not saying anyone would, but with Ingram, Randle, and the rest of the draft picks I still believe the Lakers would have won a Chip with Lebron. JMHO

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not saying anyone would, but with Ingram, Randle, and the rest of the draft picks I still believe the Lakers would have won a Chip with Lebron. JMHO
    I strongly doubt it. Davis is elite defensively and is a much better option than any of those guys when I need a basket in the fourth quarter. Only one ball to go around so you can't add Ingram's and Julian's stats. One dollar is always better than four quarters in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does anyone give a what the Lakers could have done? No one seems to give a what the Timberwolves could have done. It's not enough the entire league colludes to keep the Lakers in the show, now fans of other teams try to figure it out too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does anyone give a what the Lakers could have done? No one seems to give a what the Timberwolves could have done. It's not enough the entire league colludes to keep the Lakers in the show, now fans of other teams try to figure it out too.
    This is a forum DMC, why does anyone do anything in here then?

The Lakers are just in the win now mode all the time. I just wonder why they never let their drafts play out and see if the team can win a championship that way. They steal all the superstars and build a win now team every championship. It seems to work. But, all teams are using this approach now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Lakers are just in the win now mode all the time. I just wonder why they never let their drafts play out and see if the team can win a championship that way. They steal all the superstars and build a win now team every championship. It seems to work. But, all teams are using this approach now.
    They weren't in win now mode for the last 6 years of Kobe's tenure. People kept wanting them to be though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’d take a $3,000,000 a year job then phase out in two years than to get stuck in a $50,000 job hoping to one day to make $3mil a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzma still with the Lakers because the owner is riding him secretly.... What a milf...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm one of the biggest Laker homers out there. I respectfully disagree (on a few players listed).

Julius requested that the Lakers let him become an UFA when Bron signed in 2018. Not sure why.

I would have been cool with keeping D'Lo, but Magic screwed the pooch by not drafting Tatum (noted childhood Laker fan) or even Fox. Instead he drafted Longo (SMH).

Actually, I forgot about Jordan Clarkson - who's balling for 25-6 Utah. I remember not even wanting D'Lo. But -25 points for me for wanting Big Ja instead

"The one that got away" for me was Ingram. BI is the best player on the BRPelicans, but Zion gets all the hype. Love the AD trade because we got a chip out of it, but I think BI is 15lbs away from being at least a top 15 player. And he's like 23.

But yeah, the Lakers were never patient like the Spurts. They only develop hall of fame talent (Kobe). Everyone else is expendable in pursuit of #18 (for example they waived Quinn Cook last night; opened up a 2nd roster spot; good young, cheap player - expendable). Always been Dr. Buss mantra. Good to see Jeannie doing what it takes now that she 86'd her brother. So I'm good with going all in for Bron and trading all the young guns for AD. To me it was worth it (Mickey Mouse ring ).
    The Lakers didn't even develop Kobe. Kobe developed himself. Lakers are terrible in general when it comes to player development. Their strength is stealing players. They know that and stick to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzma still with the Lakers because the owner is riding him secretly.... What a milf...
    You know her vag is the size of a route 44 drink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The won a ring why should they have waited?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The won a ring why should they have waited?
    exactly

thread is invalid TBH. it's not like the lakers missed out on AD or anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn some of yall missed the point completely and thoroughly. I know they won the damn championship.......the EASY way of course. Why dont these MFs do it without stealing mega-stars from other teams to win a ship? Now they have the rest of the NBA doin this . The Lakers never get it done through their drafts. Why do the Lakers even draft players? They should just sit back, wait and decide on which mega stars they want to steal.

Oh wait......

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn some of yall missed the point completely and thoroughly. I know they won the damn championship.......the EASY way of course. Why dont these MFs do it without stealing mega-stars from other teams to win a ship? Now they have the rest of the NBA doin this . The Lakers never get it done through their drafts. Why do the Lakers even draft players? They should just sit back, wait and decide on which mega stars they want to steal.

Oh wait......
    Who hurt you son?

Thread Information