Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02...begin-march-1/
    Play At Home returns: Four months of offers for PlayStation games and entertainment begin March 1

Free games and entertainment offers for the PlayStation community kick off in March and extend through June.
    Jim Ryan
    President & CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment

o again! The past 12 months haven’t been easy. And I think we’re all hopeful that we may be starting to see some flickers of light at the end of this long COVID-19 tunnel thanks to the tireless work of the medical community and people around the world.

In these historic times, the team at PlayStation wanted to thank the community by giving something back. These days, we could all use something to look forward to and another reason to stay safely socially distanced, so we are happy to be able to offer a free selection of great games and some entertainment offers.

Last April, we launched the Play At Home initiative, offering up two incredible PlayStation games for free: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey*. I like to think they helped make the year just a little bit easier.

This year, we wanted to go further. So we’ve designed a series of free games and entertainment offers for our PlayStation community to make the next few months a little more fun and enjoyable.

This year’s Play at Home initiative is kicking off in March and extending through June.

Starting March 1, 2021

PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.
    Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.
    Starting March 25, 2021

Our friends at Funimation (a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Aniplex of Japan) are kicking in a very special offer: extended access for new subscribers to Funimation or Wakanim in the countries they are available **. Funimation is an anime-focused subscription service and Wakanim is Funimation’s European division. While there will be additional details to follow, this offer is only available to our community who sign up for and download the Funimation (in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand) or Wakanim apps (in most of Western and Northern Europe) starting on March 25 for a limited time.
    What we outlined today is just the beginning of what’s in store for Play At Home. In the coming weeks, we’ll share more details on free games and entertainment offers dropping for our PlayStation community.

I think we’ve got a great mix of games and entertainment offers lined up, and I hope this news made your day just a little bit brighter. We consider ourselves privileged to bring you this entertainment, and we are very grateful to be a part of your lives.

Thanks for playing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s play at home? I hadn’t heard about that until you mentioned it in your other post.

Good going for Sony for doing this. I’m hopeful to hear even more good things at state of play in 2 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s play at home? I hadn’t heard about that until you mentioned it in your other post.

Good going for Sony for doing this. I’m hopeful to hear even more good things at state of play in 2 days.
    It's the promotion they did last year during the shutdown where they gave free games away to encourage people to stay in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great game, can't wait for Ratchet & Clank Rift in June.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 games are nearly 100 now. Save your EBTs, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PS5 games are nearly 100 now. Save your EBTs, son.
    Where are you paying $100 for PS5 games?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you paying $100 for PS5 games?
    70+ taxes. And if you want a deluxe edition an extra 10 which would bring the totals to 85 and change.

The P5 deluxe edition ran me about that when I bought it couple of years back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    70+ taxes. And if you want a deluxe edition an extra 10 which would bring the totals to 85 and change.

The P5 deluxe edition ran me about that when I bought it couple of years back.
    Who buys deluxe editions? They're usually like an art book and some crap early game armor or something. I do expect game prices to stay high though since they're not going to drop prices when no one has the system. Had to bite the bullet and pay $70 for Miles Morales Ultimate but not gonna pay $70 for Demon's Souls. Might for R&C Rift though since that looked so impressive in the initial reveal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who buys deluxe editions? They're usually like an art book and some crap early game armor or something. I do expect game prices to stay high though since they're not going to drop prices when no one has the system. Had to bite the bullet and pay $70 for Miles Morales Ultimate but not gonna pay $70 for Demon's Souls. Might for R&C Rift though since that looked so impressive in the initial reveal.
    Basically came down to me liking the artbook and hard case the game came in. It's different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only time id buy an edition of a game other than the basic one is when they release a "GOTY" edition that comes with all the DLC

Thread Information