My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'a not what mono said either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's not what me and El Nono said.
    Most media and liberals were calling Trump a nazi and racist when he did it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most media and liberals were calling Trump a nazi and racist when he did it.
    I posted about this before you and ducks started clowning about it.

Like you clowns even care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A federal judge late Tuesday indefinitely banned President Joe Biden's administration from enforcing a 100-day moratorium on most deportations.

U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton issued a preliminary injunction sought by Texas, which argued the moratorium violated federal law and risked imposing additional costs on the state.

Biden proposed the 100-day pause on deportations during his campaign as part of a larger review of immigration enforcement and an attempt to reverse the priorities of former President Donald Trump. Biden has proposed a sweeping immigration bill that would allow the legalization of an estimated 11 million people living in the U.S. illegally. He has also ins uted other guidelines on whom immigration and border agents should target for enforcement.

Tipton, a Trump appointee, initially ruled on Jan. 26 that the moratorium violated federal law on administrative procedure and that the U.S. failed to show why a deportation pause was justified. A temporary restraining order the judge issued was set to expire Tuesday.

Tipton's ruling did not require deportations to resume at their previous pace. Even without a moratorium, immigration agencies have wide la ude in enforcing removals and processing cases.

But in the days that followed his ruling, authorities deported 15 people to Jamaica and hundreds of others to Central America. The Biden administration has also continued expelling immigrants under a separate process begun by Trump officials, who invoked public-health law due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The legal fight over the deportation ban is an early sign of Republican opposition to Biden’s immigration priorities, just as Democrats and pro-immigrant legal groups fought Trump’s proposals. Almost four years before Tipton’s order, Trump signed a ban on travel from seven countries with predominantly Muslim populations that caused chaos at airports. Legal groups successfully sued to stop implementation of the ban.

It was not immediately clear if the Biden administration will appeal Tipton's latest ruling. The Justice Department did not seek a stay of Tipton's earlier temporary restraining order

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cages/jails for children is wrong, family separation is wrong, no matter who does it. It needs to stop.
    So criminals can use children to use a baseball bat beat your mom to death and should never be separated ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted about this before you and ducks started clowning about it.

Like you clowns even care.
    I didnt even mention you clown in any of of posts

What a weirdo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about parents not sending their kids with coyotes to get in USA illegally

Thousand of kids did not have one parent with them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnt even mention you clown in any of of posts

What a weirdo
    lnstead of having a hypothetical conversation with absent posters you can talk to the real ones posting ITT, weird, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A federal judge late Tuesday indefinitely banned President Joe Biden's administration from enforcing a 100-day moratorium on most deportations.

U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton issued a preliminary injunction sought by Texas, which argued the moratorium violated federal law and risked imposing additional costs on the state.

Biden proposed the 100-day pause on deportations during his campaign as part of a larger review of immigration enforcement and an attempt to reverse the priorities of former President Donald Trump. Biden has proposed a sweeping immigration bill that would allow the legalization of an estimated 11 million people living in the U.S. illegally. He has also ins uted other guidelines on whom immigration and border agents should target for enforcement.

Tipton, a Trump appointee, initially ruled on Jan. 26 that the moratorium violated federal law on administrative procedure and that the U.S. failed to show why a deportation pause was justified. A temporary restraining order the judge issued was set to expire Tuesday.

Tipton's ruling did not require deportations to resume at their previous pace. Even without a moratorium, immigration agencies have wide la ude in enforcing removals and processing cases.

But in the days that followed his ruling, authorities deported 15 people to Jamaica and hundreds of others to Central America. The Biden administration has also continued expelling immigrants under a separate process begun by Trump officials, who invoked public-health law due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The legal fight over the deportation ban is an early sign of Republican opposition to Biden’s immigration priorities, just as Democrats and pro-immigrant legal groups fought Trump’s proposals. Almost four years before Tipton’s order, Trump signed a ban on travel from seven countries with predominantly Muslim populations that caused chaos at airports. Legal groups successfully sued to stop implementation of the ban.

It was not immediately clear if the Biden administration will appeal Tipton's latest ruling. The Justice Department did not seek a stay of Tipton's earlier temporary restraining order
    Judge made sure the kids stay in cages, thanks for pointing this out, ducks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lnstead of having a hypothetical conversation with absent posters you can talk to the real ones posting ITT, weird, huh?
    Its not a conversation when you start off with calling a poster a clown.

Ok lets have one. Why did media call trump a racist when he did it and now not a peep when Biden does it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cages/jails for children is wrong, family separation is wrong, no matter who does it. It needs to stop.
    I agree though my understanding is the facility reopening in Carrizo Springs is for unaccompanied minors vs. minors being separated from their families.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't see anything there about returning to Flores compliance. They gonna start letting these kids go after a short time?
    yep, that would be the good-faith, humanitarian step for the Biden administration.

However, with the racist sadists in CBP/ICE/DHS, I expect they would drag their feet and variously up Flores compliance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a conversation when you start off with calling a poster a clown.

Ok lets have one. Why did media call trump a racist when he did it and now not a peep when Biden does it?
    Trump is a racist, it was always accurate to call him that. His policies pandered to it, especially his immigration policies. They were an outgrowth of his racist outreach to aggrieved white voters. So was kids in cages.

With Joe Biden the intention is different but the result is so far the same. It's more like not so benign technocratic neglect -- with a definite racist flavor to it. We wouldn't do this to European kids.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-24-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not very racist this, one week after inauguration

Families Separated At Border Hope Biden Reunites Them, Bringing Deported Parents Back

President Biden has promised to appoint a task force to help reunite these separated families, which he's expected to formally announce next week.

Immigrant advocates are still searching for hundreds of parents. There are more than 600 separated parents they haven't been able to reach — and hundreds more who have been located but still are not reunited with their kids.

"Not only were they separated, they were deported back to the country they fled. They haven't seen their children in three years now, and there's no clear pathway to get them back,"

Immigration lawyers will be watching closely to see exactly what the mandate of Biden's task force will be.

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/28/96130...orted-parents-

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I voted for Biden because Fox News told me there would be open borders.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Even AOC can't think of a solution that doesn't involve some form of detainment.

So as I see it, you have two options. You can just let this happen without any action (open borders), or you can pick them up and truck them back across the border (which seems like throwing balls uphill). Any other options I'm not considering? I'm open to it.

And for the record, I never criticized Trump for detaining undo ented minors. This isn't family separation, these kids came across the border without their families to begin with. Our responsibility, if we choose to do anything, is to ensure they are detained in a humane way and all efforts are made to reunite them with families. If Biden can't deliver on that simple requirement, he should be s acked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even AOC can't think of a solution that doesn't involve some form of detainment.

So as I see it, you have two options. You can just let this happen without any action (open borders), or you can pick them up and truck them back across the border (which seems like throwing balls uphill). Any other options I'm not considering? I'm open to it..
    are you kiddding me?

you release them to domestic sponsors.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Judge made sure the kids stay in cages, thanks for pointing this out, ducks
    That's where Hussein put 'em, Winester.

What, you don't say "hi" to me?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    are you kiddding me?

you release them to domestic sponsors.
    Are those sponsors separate from the already overloaded (and under-monitored) foster system?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do all of these children have qualified domestic sponsors ready to take them in right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where Hussein put 'em, Winester.

What, you don't say "hi" to me?
    Hi there, Threadster.

Glad you came through the year safe to all outward appearances, 2020 was a close scrape in a lot of ways.

I've no quarrel with what you said about the erstwhile deporter-in-chief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    continuity, not change, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are those sponsors separate from the already overloaded (and under-monitored) foster system?
    my understanding is that there is a network of people who want to help who aren't allowed to.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The foster care system right now is rife with physical, sexual and emotional abuse because there are more children in need of care than qualified, decent providers.

Exposing immigrant children to that risk instead of holding them in fewer locations which can be monitored and regulated for humane treatment is not a compelling alternative, imo.

Thread Information