My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep keeps the males from kissing her lips to
    You're setting yourself up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2017, a total of 194,377 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 18.8 per 1,000 women in this age group. This is another record low for U.S. teens and a drop of 7% from 2016.1 Birth rates fell 10% for women aged 15–17 years and 6% for women aged 18–19 years.2

Although reasons for the declines are not totally clear, evidence suggests these declines are due to more teens abstaining from sexual activity, and more teens who are sexually active using birth control than in previous years.3, 4

Still, the U.S. teen pregnancy rate is substantially higher than in other western industrialized nations5, and racial/ethnic and geographic disparities in teen birth rates persist.6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    School board member likens reopening to slavery. Lol

She's not seen in the video. Here she is

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Good thing you confirmed she was black, that completely changes the (non)story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the school board beat can get freaky, democracy raw and unfiltered isn't always pretty to listen to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL like calculus is anything difficult.
    its certainly when math stopped coming naturally to me. i was always good with numbers, and intuitive in algebra/geometry, etc. never really paid attention in math class and didnt study much, often skipped homework, but would ace tests.

calc was the first time i actually had to work hard in math class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the school board beat can get freaky, democracy raw and unfiltered isn't always pretty to listen to.
    Maybe its better they keep that particular school closed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Daily Caller knows this is a nothingburger of a story but it also knows it can rely on rubes like Karrin to feed them clicks and views.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    its certainly when math stopped coming naturally to me. i was always good with numbers, and intuitive in algebra/geometry, etc. never really paid attention in math class and didnt study much, often skipped homework, but would ace tests.

Same. Didn't help that I knew I was never going to use that after high school. Same reason I dropped AP Physics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Daily Caller knows this is a nothingburger of a story but it also knows it can rely on rubes like Karrin to feed them clicks and views.
    spurminator is not pleased

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    spurminator is not pleased
    I'm unperturbed. You're the rube that posted the story and the bonus photo. Great scoop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reported by rubes at CBS

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Reported by rubes at CBS

The local CBS channel reported on a local school board discussing schools reopening?

Wow, that changes everything! Now I'm interested!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The local CBS channel reported on a local school board discussing schools reopening?

Wow, that changes everything! Now I'm interested!

There's always the potato head thread

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There's always the potato head thread
    You have twice as many posts as I do in that one.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Was it the first math class you took at UCLA? If so, that's why. Go take calc at Northridge and it would have been easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it the first math class you took at UCLA? If so, that's why. Go take calc at Northridge and it would have been easy.
    calc ab in high school

at UCLA, depending on your major, they would put you in different math courses. there was one track for physical sciences, one for life sciences, with the physical sciences being on a slightly tougher track. because i majored in biochem and not bio, i was placed into the physical science track, so i had to take the 31-32 series instead of what was the 3 series (could be a bit mistaken on the exact numbers).

for biochem, i basically needed calc AB (would have been 31A at UCLA), BC (31B), and then a pretty basic multiviariable calc (32A). i found 31B to be challenging. 32A actually seemed easier. they really toned down the complexity because it was multivariable, so a lot of the problems seemed pretty simple

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calc ab in high school

at UCLA, depending on your major, they would put you in different math courses. there was one track for physical sciences, one for life sciences, with the physical sciences being on a slightly tougher track. because i majored in biochem and not bio, i was placed into the physical science track, so i had to take the 31-32 series instead of what was the 3 series (could be a bit mistaken on the exact numbers).

for biochem, i basically needed calc AB (would have been 31A at UCLA), BC (31B), and then a pretty basic multiviariable calc (32A). i found 31B to be challenging. 32A actually seemed easier. they really toned down the complexity because it was multivariable, so a lot of the problems seemed pretty simple
    Was 31B on infinite series when you took it? Loved that but infinite series could get really hairy. There was one especially difficult theorem that for any real number and any convergent series that wasn't uniformly convergent you could always find a rearrangement to converge to that real number (or plus minus infinity). Though I think we didn't have to prove that one until 131BH. I can see why you thought 32A was easier if like geometry since that was so much 3D geometry. 32B material was really cool if you were into physics though, required lots of geomtric intuition.

I was mostly thinking of 31A and early 31B material when I said calc is easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was 31B on infinite series when you took it? Loved that but infinite series could get really hairy. There was one especially difficult theorem that for any real number and any convergent series that wasn't uniformly convergent you could always find a rearrangement to converge to that real number (or plus minus infinity). Though I think we didn't have to prove that one until 131BH. I can see why you thought 32A was easier if like geometry since that was so much 3D geometry. 32B material was really cool if you were into physics though, required lots of geomtric intuition.

I was mostly thinking of 31A and early 31B material when I said calc is easy.
    yeah 31B had infinite series for sure. didnt enjoy that course at all. i didnt have to take anything beyond 32A. same with physics, i just had to take 1 year... 6A, 6B, and 6C

Thread Information