Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree on blaming Patty for the last play. Poeltl needlessly went for the steal on the inbound pass, giving Horford a clear path to the rim. That forced Patty to get in his path, which left Dort wide open. That said, Patty's double dribble was ridiculously bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was surprising the Spurs came so close to winning considering the state of the roster. It’s inevitable that every once in a while, every team will be on the wrong side of a buzzer beater. I’m glad it happened under these cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl getting only 7 shots in a game like this doesn't make sense. We can't even get him 2 shots per quarter?
    he missed like 3 wide open lay ups and you want him to get more touches????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd of liked to see what Murray could do at the end. Pop went the "safe" route with Mills, but DJM played the game with no turnovers, so conceivably, worst case is that we're looking at overtime.

Time to see how the kids can do in the clutch. We already know Mills' and DeRozan's buttholes tend to pucker up in those last 10 seconds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can kinda understand why they gave the ball to Patty at the end of the 4th. He had it going and actually brought the team back scoring 7 straight points or something close to that. I can’t believe he double dribbles though. I could understand him holding the ball and not getting a shot off but to double dribble? SMH.

Jakob going for the steal was so damn dumb. All he had to do was play it straight up and not foul. OKC could’ve still hit a shot but to go for the steal (trying to reach over a guys back, no less) on a tie game with that little amount of time on the game clock is stupid. If Patty wouldn’t have helped Horford most likely had a easy lay up attempt.

dejounte played really well, Bates Diop looked good in the 2nd half of the game. I missed the whole 1st half and watched from mid 3rd quarter until the end. Very disappointed in Lonnie not stepping up a bit more but honestly not too surprised.

thanks for the grades and game recap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

YEAH R. DeMurre Shut up, nerd!!!
    Sorry but I'm a Spurs fan not because of high flying dunks, but how well they play the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd of liked to see what Murray could do at the end. Pop went the "safe" route with Mills, but DJM played the game with no turnovers, so conceivably, worst case is that we're looking at overtime.

Time to see how the kids can do in the clutch. We already know Mills' and DeRozan's buttholes tend to pucker up in those last 10 seconds.
    That should've been Murray's ball. Pop was wrong not to give it to him. Murray needs those opportunities that he has this team on his back. That's what "stars" do, and Murray is fast becoming a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he missed like 3 wide open lay ups and you want him to get more touches????
    yes. Which player hasn’t looked like crap for periods of a game? DJ has looked pretty bad for longer stretches than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My greatest takeaway was what I stated before the game, which was the idea that Samanic would get demolished on defense as a small forward. He more than held his own. In fact, the only thing stopping him is himself. If it's other players constantly beating you, stopping you, destroying you, then you're not an NBA player. Luka looks like he belongs.

Sorry TimDunkem , your dream of having one of the players from your favorite team fail miserably doesn't look like it's going to happen. Probably best to look for another player from your favorite team and hope that they will fail. It's a wholesome dream and I support it.
    You sound like a casual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like a casual.
    When haven't you sounded like one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When haven't you sounded like one?
    Certainly less overall than you have in your short time here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certainly less overall than you have in your short time here.
    I forget sometimes how small the brains are of people I'm speaking with on here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forget sometimes how small the brains are of people I'm speaking with on here.
    You keep thinking that. I'll keep scrolling by your posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep thinking that. I'll keep scrolling by your posts.
    No love lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bates-Diop did nicely. When you think about it, even before the COVID break he was hardly getting sniff of the court so it was highly likely he would be rusty but he played well. With so much of the lineup sitting for the time being it will be interesting to see if he can build on this performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure I like Mills handling the penultimate possession. I would be absolutely fine with him taking the last shot, but him having the ball before that, I don't know ...
    That being sad, the turnover was a bad mistake, silly really, but happens. It's not like this would happen to Mills eigth times out of ten.
    Nice game overall from our guys, just not quite the ending one wanted to see ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bates-Diop did nicely. When you think about it, even before the COVID break he was hardly getting sniff of the court so it was highly likely he would be rusty but he played well. With so much of the lineup sitting for the time being it will be interesting to see if he can build on this performance.
    At first, I thought he was strictly a PF but he moves well enough to be a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first, I thought he was strictly a PF but he moves well enough to be a SF.
    If he can knock those 3’s more consistently, he could be Lyle’s replacement. Lyles have great moves when he wants to, but that’s when he wants to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can knock those 3’s more consistently, he could be Lyle’s replacement. Lyles have great moves when he wants to, but that’s when he wants to
    When everyone is back:

Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    White/ Lonnie/ Q
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD
    Keldon/ Gay/ Luka/ Lyles
    Poeltl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

I wish Tre would take Mills' minutes and Luka would take Gay's minutes but we all know that ain't happening this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When everyone is back:

Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    White/ Lonnie/ Q
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD
    Keldon/ Gay/ Luka/ Lyles
    Poeltl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

I wish Tre would take Mills' minutes and Luka would take Gay's minutes but we all know that ain't happening this season.
    They will for sure. Last night was a glimpse of that. It really puts the Spurs in a great position come free agency knowing those are covered. Such a solid pick on Tre and from the 2nd round also. I think Mills and Demar will be back, and we let Aldridge, Gay and Lyles walk. I’m not certain what they will do with Lonnie. He frustrates me with all his talents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really sucks that the best stretch of the season will be ed by COVID. We are going to lose a lot of ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really sucks that the best stretch of the season will be ed by COVID. We are going to lose a lot of ground.
    Big fat asterisks on last season and this one obviously. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know what you guys are seeing with Tre tbh... he just looks like a slow CoJo. cant really turn the corner on offense. isnt a shooting threat. heady defender, sure, but he just looks like dead weight on the other side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know what you guys are seeing with Tre tbh... he just looks like a slow CoJo. cant really turn the corner on offense. isnt a shooting threat. heady defender, sure, but he just looks like dead weight on the other side.
    Wait til you see what he can do with shooters surrounding him.

Thread Information