Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the tweet thing? Also, someone mentioned reddit. Is it worth reading any Spurs related posts/discussion over there?
    DJ liked a tweet where somebody said he'd be great on the Clippers and now everybody is freaking out thinking he might leave

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way I see them moving Derozz is if him and his agent have let San Antonio know that they will not be signing back with them. He could have told the Spurs I like you and everything is cool but I want back to East or West Cost so money is not the issue but I am leaving so if you want to trade me that's cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. The idea is that with DeRozan gone, Murray and White (and maybe Keldon) can pick up the playmaking slack. I don't think is far stretched to suggest these guys can average around 20 ppg and 5/7 apg each. In that case, having a 3 and D guy (Vassell) in the lineup, instead of DeRozan, makes a whole lot more sense.
    it's not about assist numbers, it's about bending the defense and drawing double teams. There been many times where this team couldn't get a bucket and DeMar had to go to work. You need to have a go-to-guy and nobody on this roster has these type of iso skills yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not about assist numbers, it's about bending the defense and drawing double teams. There been many times where this team couldn't get a bucket and DeMar had to go to work. You need to have a go-to-guy and nobody on this roster has these type of iso skills yet
    derrick white has had flashes of it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. DeRozan isn’t easily replaceable. He can create his own shot, draw fouls, pull up, and draw a double team, which can lead to an open shot for someone else on the team. Unfortunately no one else on this team can do that. Sure White May show flashes of that and Murray has shown hints of some of that with his elbow jumper, but they aren’t there yet. If you trade DeRozan theN the Spurs are waving the white flag unless you get someone else who can do the same, which I don’t see happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Aldridge and Mills to Orlando for Gordon and Ross.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Aldridge to Sacramento for Barnes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Aldridge and Mills to Orlando for Gordon and Ross.
    I think they'd rather include Fournier (even though he's the better player) than Ross because of their cap situation and not being able to resign him this summer. Either way, we'd have to include a 1st (which I'm good with).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'd rather include Fournier (even though he's the better player) than Ross because of their cap situation and not being able to resign him this summer. Either way, we'd have to include a 1st (which I'm good with).
    True. Fournier is good, but another guard? I wouldn’t hate it, but I a myself would like Ross coming over more than Fournier.

Honestly Aldridge to me has checked out. He sees the writing on the wall and has checked out. He isn’t gonna return so the Spurs need to trade him and I think they will.

Believe.
    Post Count
    DDR for Beal?...does that work straight up?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, that's better quality than mine. What app did you use to do this? Also, you missed the second part of the spat (my second gif).
    I'm just linking someone's Reddit post. I didn't make the vid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR for Beal?...does that work straight up?

Spurs would never do DeRozan that way. Dump him on a perennial loser. Pop has way too much respect for him to do that, unless DD said it was OK and both sides knew he wasn'tresigning there. That's not the way they function. But then why would Washington do the trade?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. Fournier is good, but another guard? I wouldnít hate it, but I a myself would like Ross coming over more than Fournier.

Honestly Aldridge to me has checked out. He sees the writing on the wall and has checked out. He isnít gonna return so the Spurs need to trade him and I think they will.
    Dude he's like 113 points away from 20,000. The only way I see him being traded is back to Portland at this point. He's not going to want to score such momentous career (and personal) points in a meaningless place where nobody truly appreciates his accomplishment. Also disagree on him checking out. I just think he's getting older and his body is starting to have old person issues.

But we'll see soon enough. If he's getting traded it'll happen before they start the second half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude he's like 113 points away from 20,000. The only way I see him being traded is back to Portland at this point. He's not going to want to score such momentous career (and personal) points in a meaningless place where nobody truly appreciates his accomplishment. Also disagree on him checking out. I just think he's getting older and his body is starting to have old person issues.

But we'll see soon enough. If he's getting traded it'll happen before they start the second half.
    Why do you say that? 95% of in season trades happen ON deadline day. Especially in a season like this, you want the most information possible before you pull the trigger. A borderline playoff team may go from buyers to sellers if half their roster goes into health and safety protocols for a couple of weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly Aldridge to me has checked out. He sees the writing on the wall and has checked out. He isn’t gonna return so the Spurs need to trade him and I think they will.
    Or if Grandpa sits on a trade (just as likely) and LMAs still a Spur we get to see more average / below average effort from Muh Touches.
    A complete lose/lose scenario.

So classy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been trying to find a trade for aldridge that makes sense for the receiving team while also not giving us 5 players or bad salary and.... it’s pretty much impossible. You can work a deal to Portland if you add Nurkic and 3 rookie contracts but that just doesn’t make any sense for anyone. Boston can’t use their entire TPE without offloading close to 10 million, Nets have nothing.

The most realistic trade scenario for Aldridge honestly is sending him to Cleveland for Love under the assumption Cleveland immediately waives him making him free to sign anywhere, Spurs receive heavy draft compensation for taking the rest of Love’s deal that conveniently expires before 2023 free agency. I hate that deal just as much as you do, so I’m saying Aldridge gets bought out a couple of days before the playoff eligibility cutoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like LMA is getting lined up for a trade. How many players miss this much time with a stomach bug?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you say that? 95% of in season trades happen ON deadline day. Especially in a season like this, you want the most information possible before you pull the trigger. A borderline playoff team may go from buyers to sellers if half their roster goes into health and safety protocols for a couple of weeks.
    I just think Pop gave LMA a promise that he'd be his coach his entire contract. So I don't think they'll trade him.

And if they do, and the poster I was replying to is correct that he's dogging it, then they'll do the Spurs thing and try to get him out of here as quickly as possible.

Again, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like LMA is getting lined up for a trade. How many players miss this much time with a stomach bug?
    2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit just bought out Griffin. Is he ringchasing with the Lakers? Nets? Does Spurs have a chance to land him? Is it worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit just bought out Griffin. Is he ringchasing with the Lakers? Nets? Does Spurs have a chance to land him? Is it worth it?
    Heís going to push for the Lakers Iím certain. Guy would love to win a ring in LA as a f you to ballmer. Nets are a possibility but need him less especially now with the emergence of Claxton. Lakers are hurting a little bit and need to address their roster.

we arenít even a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the final dollar number was for the Blake Griffin buy out. Man, did Detroit misplay that situation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is being bought out cause he is washed up and trash ? We already have a guy who fits that mold on the spurs in LMA. Why would we want another one ?

Have you SEEN blake griffin play this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    griffin can still handle the ball and pass well, but he has absolutely no juice left. he mostly just chucks 3's these days and not at a good clip

literally. more than half of his FGA this season have been 3PA and he's hitting 31% of them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s only been two games, but that hip pointer went on a bit too long. I think they are keeping him off the court, but trying not to embarrass him with DNP CDs.

Thread Information