Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr came out in an interview and basically confirmed that if Klay doesn’t injure himself THE DAY BEFORE THE ING DRAFT, the SA/GS trade goes down. Not a case of nothing happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, sure they want to move Aldridge now but it's too late now. He's hardly tradeable.

I'd be surprised if Spurs were actually interested in trading DeRozan. Only in case he wants to leave San Antonio this summer, which I doubt so as well, it'd make any sense for them to trade him. Does PATFO think they can sign any free agent better than DeMar this summer? I don't think so. Why wouldn't they offer a huge contract to him? Where are they spending then? Is anybody in the league giving DDR more money? Either DeRozan signs for a contender (in L.A. or wherever but i don't see it) or he stays in San Antonio. There's no reason to go back to Toronto as Casey is gone, most of his old teammates are gone and even Lowry could be moved. I'd be shocked if this trade happens (I could be "positively" shocked )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else fear we run it back with Patty, DDR and Gay all back on market value 2-3 year deals and a cheap LMA replacement? Starting to see this as a realistic outcome.
    anything else would be a surprise to be honest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else fear we run it back with Patty, DDR and Gay all back on market value 2-3 year deals and a cheap LMA replacement? Starting to see this as a realistic outcome.
    If we make the playoffs I can definitely see the same outcome. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think patty is back but only on the vet minimum and with a role that will begin to shrink. I'm not so sure about Rudy and Aldridge is definitely gone. I'd say there's a better than 50/50 shot that de rozan stays as well. it's not exactly a great FA summer so I'd expect the spurs to focus on shooting or depth at the 4 or 5. of course, whether the spurs make the lottery will impact these decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how I value DDR:
    - 3yr/60mm good value and would be happy to retain him at that but unrealistic. This is probably his fair value to join a contender via sign and trade although our ability to sign and trade may be hampered by his 39mm caphold (if we want to pursue someone like Collins)
    - 3yr/75mm is the most I’d want to see him retained for and indifferent between paying him this and losing him
    - 4yr/120mm Haywardesque from a lesser organization with cap to burn and need to over pay. Not even PATFO is this dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think patty is back but only on the vet minimum and with a role that will begin to shrink. I'm not so sure about Rudy and Aldridge is definitely gone. I'd say there's a better than 50/50 shot that de rozan stays as well. it's not exactly a great FA summer so I'd expect the spurs to focus on shooting or depth at the 4 or 5. of course, whether the spurs make the lottery will impact these decisions.
    Patty’s market value is probably closer to 6-9mm but would love him back on a team friendly deal if we exhaust other options in free agency. We are reaching our capacity for good to slightly above average mid to late 1st rounders. Another late lottery pick would be nice but still doesn’t move the needle. Really feels like we are going to be in NBA purgatory for sometime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The George Hill-to-the-Clippers rumor is interesting, & is sure to create lots of mixed emotions for Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is going to command at least $10 million pretty easily next season, whether as on the MLE or with the Spurs. I think it's 50/50 that he's gone. The Spurs have a bunch of young guards already on roster and they can easily redistribute his minutes, though his shot making will be missed.

I think Gay's gone, Aldridge too, and DeMar is almost certainly gone. He'll likely command around what he's making now, but over at least 3 years. That's a lot to commit, and could tie-up future cap, especially with future extensions to Walker and KJ. As good as he's been, DeMar's production could probably be redistributed between Murray, White, KJ, and Walker.

I think the Spurs will definitely try to get Collins or Lauri but will probably strike-out. Probably a patch-work at PF with Lyles returning for depth, Luka getting backup minutes and a big question mark for the SL unless they go small again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is going to command at least $10 million pretty easily next season, whether as on the MLE or with the Spurs. I think it's 50/50 that he's gone. The Spurs have a bunch of young guards already on roster and they can easily redistribute his minutes, though his shot making will be missed.

I think Gay's gone, Aldridge too, and DeMar is almost certainly gone. He'll likely command around what he's making now, but over at least 3 years. That's a lot to commit, and could tie-up future cap, especially with future extensions to Walker and KJ. As good as he's been, DeMar's production could probably be redistributed between Murray, White, KJ, and Walker.

I think the Spurs will definitely try to get Collins or Lauri but will probably strike-out. Probably a patch-work at PF with Lyles returning for depth, Luka getting backup minutes and a big question mark for the SL unless they go small again.
    Lyles will not be back at any price. I also am not certain Walker IV is extended. We really have to choose 1 of Walker IV, DDR and Patty and rebalance this roster with Keldon playing the 3 and DDR at the 2 if he is brought back. I see no reason to pay Patty MLE type money given our guard depth but agree that is probably the higher end of his market value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think that is going to happen which I think will feel some pain in the short term but long term will be better. The young draft picks will get much needed playing time and coaching and will probably have a top 10 pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the annual "we like what we have".
    As you guys already said, Patty will be back with another double digit per year contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mills better be gone...fck that culture...

its switch blade era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles will not be back at any price. I also am not certain Walker IV is extended. We really have to choose 1 of Walker IV, DDR and Patty and rebalance this roster with Keldon playing the 3 and DDR at the 2 if he is brought back. I see no reason to pay Patty MLE type money given our guard depth but agree that is probably the higher end of his market value.
    -I think Lyles actually has a decent chance of returning; he's cheap, and the coaching staff seemingly likes him. He also plays a position that the Spurs are motel-wall thin at. All three things help his case.

-I agree that Walker is not likely to get an extension, I meant more that he could be retained via RFA. There's still the chance that he puts it together over the remaining 40+ games and next season, when he's playing for a new contract, and draw interest in RFA.

-I still think DeMar is going to be too expensive and the Spurs are probably likely to let him walk and see if Murray, White, KJ, and Walker and help replace his production with increased usage and more minutes between them.

-If Mills returns, he's making north of $10 million per, if he leaves' he'll still make north of $10 million per. I lean towards them letting him walk or him wanting to join a real contender. The Spurs already have a bunch of young guards (Murray, White, Walker and Jones to a lesser extent), again I think they'd rely on the young guns to help replace Mills.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously doubt Mills wants to go anywhere. I think he wants to stay and he wants the Spurs to pay him well to stay. I hope the Spurs do not overpay him to do so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That outcome actually wouldn't shock me one bit. I don't see PATFO wanting to shake things up much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's anything to fear, especially since Gay's market isn't a big deal, Patty's is a smaller deal than he has now, and DMDR's deal is probably right about where he is.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    based on the season so far

lma - 100% gone
    gay - 90% gone
    DDR - 50% gone
    Patty - 10% gone

imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozz father passed away he will want to get closer to home or will go where his family wants him which will be either on the East Coast or West Coast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, now I'm being called out for false information? First of all, the interview you cited was another SF Bay Area show. Kerr makes the rounds on all SF Bay Area radio stations. The one you brought up was from the Tom Tolbert Show on 680 KNBR. The actual interview I referenced was on the Damon, Ratto, and Kolsky Show on 95.7 The Game. I didn't listen or quote from the other show. I stand by what I posted.
    I didn't bring up a show. Someone else did. And I stand by what I said: all information that has been laid out does not directly point to a Wiseman trade for the Spurs. It is still *speculation*, no matter how badly you want to believe it, and no matter how much "it makes sense". There's no evidence, there will never be evidence, and you still have to jump through hoops to come up with your conclusion. Therefore, it is dishonest to say "Wiseman was for sure going to be a Spur"!

I'd like to believe it too. But I don't need to create a fantasy where it is real to convince myself (and others) the Spurs were close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't bring up a show. Someone else did. And I stand by what I said: all information that has been laid out does not directly point to a Wiseman trade for the Spurs. It is still *speculation*, no matter how badly you want to believe it, and no matter how much "it makes sense". There's no evidence, there will never be evidence, and you still have to jump through hoops to come up with your conclusion. Therefore, it is dishonest to say "Wiseman was for sure going to be a Spur"!

I'd like to believe it too. But I don't need to create a fantasy where it is real to convince myself (and others) the Spurs were close.
    It is all just speculation and reading into things but it is clear PATFO did try to trade LMA in the offseason. They didn't simply use their go to "We like what we have" and focus on the upcoming season. They actually kicked the proverbial tires. Maybe something happens by the deadline but who would want LMA now? Just unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Till last season LMA was a more than decent player...and also this season he showed his arsenal of offensive weapons (and an improved 3 point game). For gaining back attention from teams with play off/ le ambitions he only needs some good/great games showing he's still capable of rebound and playing defense if committed (the fact that he's not been that committed till now is probably related to his own uncertainity about his next future with our team). Then his market value becomes high...for any team with a not so good front court.
    The only problem could be the assets we could receive in return...

I see Boston (TPE plus some picks or young names?)...but other than them not much more teams with something worth a look...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about a team looking to dump salary? Say like Detroit with Griffin? Not my first choice, but I’m spitballing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Till last season LMA was a more than decent player...and also this season he showed his arsenal of offensive weapons (and an improved 3 point game). For gaining back attention from teams with play off/ le ambitions he only needs some good/great games showing he's still capable of rebound and playing defense if committed (the fact that he's not been that committed till now is probably related to his own uncertainity about his next future with our team). Then his market value becomes high...for any team with a not so good front court.
    The only problem could be the assets we could receive in return...

I see Boston (TPE plus some picks or young names?)...but other than them not much more teams with something worth a look...
    He can’t even stay on the court. Even if he picked up his defense and rebounding on a consistent basis the trade deadline is less than a month away. A second rounder and expiring is all he is worth unless you are willing to take back Horford, Love, Griffin or another longer term albatross of a contract. I suspect if he requests a buyout we accommodate, otherwise to the extent we are in the playoff race come trade deadline we hold on to him for depth. There is very little left to salvage here. I think even Aldridge is coming to terms that the end is near.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does K Love even play basketball anymore? Haven’t seen him in the box score in forever

Thread Information