Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about a team looking to dump salary? Say like Detroit with Griffin? Not my first choice, but I’m spitballing here.
    $40M for 12/5? no. Better to let LMA walk, and evaluate young talent or FAs. I’m sure we could find 12/5 somewhere, and a lot cheaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It definitely makes it unlikely. But the Spurs usually are focused on the long term plan (the last few years being an odd exception), and I wonder if they know that DD either wants to go somewhere else, or they realize that DD is not in their longterm plans and they want to build the team around their young players and spend their money somewhere else?
    Yeah I get it I guess I just feel like he fits so well with the young guys. I feel like they can really learn from him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $40M for 12/5? no. Better to let LMA walk, and evaluate young talent or FAs. I’m sure we could find 12/5 somewhere, and a lot cheaper.
    Like I said, not my first choice. Just using Detroit/Griffin as an example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think, had that Lemon from Golden State not ed everything up we would have had Wisemen instead of Aldridge right now.

Like others have said the Spurs FO has waited to long nd now most teams wouldn't even trade their ball boy for LMA.
    Last edited by Chomag; 02-27-2021 at 11:18 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To think, had that Lemon from Golden State not ed everything up we would have had Wisemen instead of Aldridge right now.

Like others have said the Spurs FO has waited to long nd now most teams wouldn't even trade their ball boy for LMA.
    Honestly Wiggins would have fit in well also. He is playing efficient basketball and his defensive effort is pretty solid these days. This is possibly a top 4 team in the West:

DJ/White
    DDR/Patty
    Wiggins/Walker IV
    Keldon/Gay
    Jak/Wiseman

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

30 mil Lonnie and Jakob is the price of that trade. Plus opportunities for 1-2 years of being players in free agency. Of course if Wiseman becomes a franchise guy or a DPOY it would be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 mil Lonnie and Jakob is the price of that trade. Plus opportunities for 1-2 years of being players in free agency. Of course if Wiseman becomes a franchise guy or a DPOY it would be worth it.
    It would mean we don’t resign any of LMA, Mills or Gay. We could still pay Jak, Walker and entertain DDR at 20/yr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about a team looking to dump salary? Say like Detroit with Griffin? Not my first choice, but I’m spitballing here.
    It might be worth it to us if they could attach an unprotected 1st (I'm not sure they have one but if they did we'd consider it for lma and Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The buzz is K Love for LMA with some draft picks or pick included. He’s got two years left. I don’t hate the idea looking at this years FA class. I still can’t see the Spurs doing it without crazy draft compensation. Here is the last two deals. A lot more manageable than B. Griffen. He could also co-host therapy seasons with Demar...
    2021-22 33 $31,258,256 $31,258,256
    2022-23 34 $28,942,830

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The buzz is K Love for LMA with some draft picks or pick included. He’s got two years left. I don’t hate the idea looking at this years FA class. I still can’t see the Spurs doing it without crazy draft compensation. Here is the last two deals. A lot more manageable than B. Griffen. He could also co-host therapy seasons with Demar...
    2022-23 34 $28,942,830
    Where's the buzz coming from?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would mean we don’t resign any of LMA, Mills or Gay. We could still pay Jak, Walker and entertain DDR at 20/yr
    Yak maybe in CHA/NO now if Wiseman was traded here because we are just below the line if that trade went through. 30 mil Lonnie refers to a negative impact player at 30 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just “NBA experts” chatter. It’s all bull , but it makes some sense if Cleveland want to include draft picks. OKC got enough picks you would think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just “NBA experts” chatter. It’s all bull , but it makes some sense if Cleveland want to include draft picks. OKC got enough picks you would think.
    would make sense for the Spurs if Love can get back to his production of last year he would fix our shortage at the 4, good shooter and rebounder. It would up our cap space though and I don't really see how that makes sense for the Cavs neither. I'd rather sign Collins or Holmes than to get Love

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really is no difference from a BR trade suggestion, an “NBA Insider” and an amateur pod caster with no inside sources and one who has never played organized sports in their life. Any real Spurs noise is unlikely to reach the media until it’s done. For K Love’s corpse I’d want two unprotected firsts. At least that is taking some risk versus the imminent “we almost made the playoffs again, let’s run it back.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While my expectations are low for a trade, this is going to be a long ing month.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really is no difference from a BR trade suggestion, an “NBA Insider” and an amateur pod caster with no inside sources and one who has never played organized sports in their life. Any real Spurs noise is unlikely to reach the media until it’s done. For K Love’s corpse I’d want two unprotected firsts. At least that is taking some risk versus the imminent “we almost made the playoffs again, let’s run it back.”
    I dont think they would do 2 first. I think the best we could hope for would be a 1st and and pick swap but even that might be much.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would definitely be why this trade won’t gain traction. I don’t think we have reasonable examples of a team knowingly trading a lotto pick simply to shed a year of pay on a non max player that’s not demanding a trade on a team that has no foreseeable path to relevance.

I think they’d attach a lotto protected pick or late 1st but not two unprotected picks when they have no path out of the lottery.

Cle has no direction and are better off retaining their picks than moving what could be good potential drafts over a place holder contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to get Jarrett Allen, but no way Cleveland lets him go. Poor guy, getting stuck there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they are both traded i will watch my first spurs game in 2 years..........
    What was the last thing you did.. watch a Spurs game or eat azz?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2022-23 34 $28,942,830
    Gross, it would absolutely have to be their 2021 pick with no protection whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the cavs thru in a 1st rounder or some of their youngish talent with K love for LMA I’d be all for it tbh we would have the Gay/Love front court tandem lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but no reason for the Cavs to do so. They are rebuilding, makes no sense to throw a high draft pick away to get rid of Kevin Love‘s contract

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to get Jarrett Allen, but no way Cleveland lets him go. Poor guy, getting stuck there.
    He could always just play out his contract until he's an unrestricted free agent. The Cavs wouldn't be able to do anything about that. Allen would be taking the risk of injury in the meantime and would be paid less for one year than if he signs an extension, but that's the price you pay for being able to choose your destination.

I don't think the Cavs will be desperate to get out from under Love's contract anyway. The only reasons to dump salary are to have a lot of money in free agency (and Cleveland without LeBron is pretty low in the free agency destination pecking order) or avoid the tax. The Cavs have $88M committed next season so the tax shouldn't be a worry.

Teams do stupid things, though. If the Cavs really want to make a splash in next year's free agency, they appear to have all of their own firsts so they can offer multiple picks and swaps in trading Love for an expiring contract. Aldridge + Gay for Love + Nance + 1st is an almost perfect salary match and gets the Cavs down to only $46M in committed salary next season. Not that the Cavs would necessarily do that, but that's a possible framework.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ppl saying it's too late to trade LMA owe me an apology... Almost all of u bashed me and said he was the only one who had any quality on the team... And I said we would regret not trading him sooner... Now look where we are... U may hate my tone, but u can't deny I have been right about everything so far, including Murray and White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ppl saying it's too late to trade LMA owe me an apology... Almost all of u bashed me and said he was the only one who had any quality on the team... And I said we would regret not trading him sooner... Now look where we are... U may hate my tone, but u can't deny I have been right about everything so far, including Murray and White
    Who the raised you and why do you act like a ing man child?

Thread Information