Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not terrible for a backup...
    Also solves our back-up C issue. And ugh if DeMar is kept then...

Murray/ Tre/ Q
    White/ Lonnie
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD
    Keldon/ Luka/ 1st round pick
    Poeltl/ Aldridge/ Eubanks

If we keep both LMA and DeMar this summer, then I don't see us keeping the Mills, Gay, Lyles trio. It's only one or the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray/ Tre/ Q
    White/ Lonnie
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD

If we keep both LMA and DeMar this summer, then I don't see us keeping the Mills, Gay, Lyles trio. It's only one or the other.
    I'm thinking if we do something like that we offer White +Lonnie + our 1st for Beal. That team could compete with anybody.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Aldridge and DeRozan likely both gone next year, our lineup is going to be very exciting.

PG - Murray
    SG - White
    SF - Johnson
    PF - Samanic
    C - Poeltl
    Sixth Man: Walker

What are you doing with the $50 million in cap space? That team is interesting without using any of it, and only upside from there.

Guys will be resigned, signed in FA, traded for into cap space, contracts absorbed to acquire future picks, etc. Not to mention that a Demar S&T could bring back something if he does decide to leave ... unlikely S&T needed for the other three. No idea what they’ll do, but the roster will almost certainly look better than just removing Demar/Aldridge/Gay/Mills.

Boston could just take Mills into their TE while the Spurs get their 2021 first. No need for Teague.
    And Spurs get TE that’s larger than the MLE to boot (useful if planning to operate above the cap). I want nothing to do with Teague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray/ Tre/ Q
    White/ Lonnie
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD

This isn’t it but i’ll acknowledge could be a reality. Why is all of Spurs talk excited about running it back because we beat the Pels with LMA off the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn’t it but i’ll acknowledge could be a reality. Why is all of Spurs talk excited about running it back because we beat the Pels with LMA off the bench?
    It's just the way they looked versus the win. If they lost, I would probably say the same thing: LMA in a bench role looks good, DeMar is distributing to the young guys effectively, Luka showing enough promise that a new 4 isn't needed.

And trust me, this isn't the scenario I'm hoping for. But like you said, it's a possibility.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 reasons...1) not many people here thought LMA would embrace a bench role (he still may not quite frankly), 2) there's nothing on the free agent market worth paying for this year, and 3) most teams have enough cap space that absorbing bad contracts for assets will be hard to come by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is now in that Antonio McDyess/David West role, and as long as he accepts being a backup C, I wouldn’t mind him back at 2/$24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes would totally do this if Detroit packages an unprotected 1st rd this year with Griffin. It would likely be the #1 or #2 pick. Would love to get Cunningham or Mobley.
    They can’t trade their 1st rounder until like 2026.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is now in that Antonio McDyess/David West role, and as long as he accepts being a backup C, I wouldn’t mind him back at 2/$24.
    Spurs could break the mold and make LMA a big sixth man off the bench. His game is basically like Lue Williams and Jamal Crawford...no defense, instant offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could break the mold and make LMA a big sixth man off the bench. His game is basically like Lue Williams and Jamal Crawford...no defense, instant offense.
    What other team would offer him a starting role? That thought alone makes me think if we don't trade him, he's not going anywhere in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What other team would offer him a starting role? That thought alone makes me think if we don't trade him, he's not going anywhere in free agency.
    I think he’s going back to Portland, regardless of cir stances. That may actually be more likely now, since he’s not going to be a MAX player. They won’t have to haggle a S&T with us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s going back to Portland, regardless of cir stances. That may actually be more likely now, since he’s not going to be a MAX player. They won’t have to haggle a S&T with us.
    Hmm we'll see. He has two kids going to school in Texas. I think he's scared to uproot them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm we'll see. He has two kids going to school in Texas. I think he's scared to uproot them.
    Dad, we don’t want to move.

“i need muh touches. Pack your ”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if he keeps playing efficiently off the bench, someone in the EC is going to grab him for shooting, and to bang against Embiid in the playoffs. He’s ing beasting this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if Aldridge is willing to accept a bench role, his returning to the Trail Blazers is more likely.

Contingent on the Raptors not having interest in signing DeRozan, I still like the old standby: Gordon and Fournier for him and Walker IV. Then trade Gay to the Celtics for Ojeleye and maybe a 2nd to duck the tax.

Checks a lot of boxes and fits with the direction they've gone in. Going forward, a top 7 of Gordon, Johnson, Poeltl, White, Murray, Fournier, Vassell, though bereft a go-to guy, isn't bad.

Of course, they're not going to do anything inseason unless the veteran(s) request it and even then it's not guaranteed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get - Dinwiddie, Jordan, Luwawu-Cabarrot

Nets get - Aldridge, Eubanks, Jones

The Spurs would take on Jordan's bad contract, but in exchange get a solid backup point guard in Dinwiddie once healthy next season and a decent backup small forward in Luwawu-Cabarrot. This also allows the Spurs to move on from Mills in the offseason. Aldridge would be a decent rental for the Nets for the remainder of the year and strengthen this year's championship chances for them. While Jordan doesn't make a lot of sense on the Spurs, this offseason is shaping up to be relatively weak when it comes to available, non-restricted free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get - Dinwiddie, Jordan, Luwawu-Cabarrot

Nets get - Aldridge, Eubanks, Jones

The Spurs would take on Jordan's bad contract, but in exchange get a solid backup point guard in Dinwiddie once healthy next season and a decent backup small forward in Luwawu-Cabarrot. This also allows the Spurs to move on from Mills in the offseason. Aldridge would be a decent rental for the Nets for the remainder of the year and strengthen this year's championship chances for them. While Jordan doesn't make a lot of sense on the Spurs, this offseason is shaping up to be relatively weak when it comes to available, non-restricted free agents.
    Both Dinwiddie ( player option ) and Lowawu-Cabarrot will be free agents in the summer. Zero point in taking on Jordan's contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Dinwiddie ( player option ) and Lowawu-Cabarrot will be free agents in the summer. Zero point in taking on Jordan's contract.
    Good point. Just noticed that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Just noticed that.
    Even if that weren’t the case, we already have a quality backup, without taking on a contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm figuring LMA isn't back this summer; this is what I see as his options:

1) Ring Chase - not us
    2) Money Chase - I hope not us; I don't want us to put significant money in front of him, even on a short term contract...
    3) Best Personal Cir stances - That's either us or Portland (I won't pretend to know which way he'd lean)
    4) Retire - Obviously not us

All told, I figure that's about 25% chance he ends up staying... I also don't see us offering him a starting role. I think Poeltl got that covered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean didn’t Jakob Say something like the spurs told him he would be a starter and have a bigger role whenever they resigned him? That’s gotta point to LMA being out of here imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean didn’t Jakob Say something like the spurs told him he would be a starter and have a bigger role whenever they resigned him? That’s gotta point to LMA being out of here imo
    before the year it was "Aldridge will get more $$ than we want so Sayonara" but now it's that aldy is washed and can't play as a starter. so win win for poertle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm figuring LMA isn't back this summer; this is what I see as his options:

1) Ring Chase - not us
    2) Money Chase - I hope not us; I don't want us to put significant money in front of him, even on a short term contract...
    3) Best Personal Cir stances - That's either us or Portland (I won't pretend to know which way he'd lean)
    4) Retire - Obviously not us

All told, I figure that's about 25% chance he ends up staying... I also don't see us offering him a starting role. I think Poeltl got that covered.
    He could also sign with the Mavericks. I believe he is from the metroplex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos to LaMarcus, if this game is any indicator. He may have recognized his future (and next contract) depend on him coming off the bench and being only a spot starter, wherever he winds up. He could do so for a few years. I still see him as a strong defender against post-oriented teams where he doesn't have to move around so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the raised you and why do you act like a ing man child?

Haha

Thread Information