Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Spurs make any moves especially how we been playing . Idk if I’d want too maybe only Aldridge
    I see the Spurs only making trades if those players ask for them. No other situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see the Spurs only making trades if those players ask for them. No other situation.
    And I wouldn't be surprised to see Aldridge in that camp. Something tells me he is not thrilled about coming off the bench since he has historically been keen on getting "his touches".

Granted...with the 2nd unit he can wheel and deal and probably would get more of a chance to play naturally since he's not sharing the floor with DeMar as much, but time will tell if he sees it the same way. He could actually be an asset if he accepts that Manu role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I wouldn't be surprised to see Aldridge in that camp. Something tells me he is not thrilled about coming off the bench since he has historically been keen on getting "his touches".

Granted...with the 2nd unit he can wheel and deal and probably would get more of a chance to play naturally since he's not sharing the floor with DeMar as much, but time will tell if he sees it the same way. He could actually be an asset if he accepts that Manu role.
    Any rift between Aldridge and the Spurs wouldn't be good for the John Collins sweepstakes. Aldridge and JC share the same agent. Not saying there IS a rift, for all we know it could be that Aldridge is just truly washed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any rift between Aldridge and the Spurs wouldn't be good for the John Collins sweepstakes. Aldridge and JC share the same agent. Not saying there IS a rift, for all we know it could be that Aldridge is just truly washed.
    He IS washed. I see it every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He IS washed. I see it every game.
    I think I used the wrong wording. I wasn't speaking of Aldridge's performance. Moreso on his consistent injury status (which people are speculating is actually a rift between LMA and the Spurs). What I meant to say was more like, "perhaps Aldridge is just too damn old for the NBA that his body is failing him."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Gay is the most likely to be traded. Aldridge actually fills a needed role as back up center. I think that Lyles, Samanic, and KJ can handle the PF slot just fine moving forward. Gay's contract is much easier to trade for at 16 million and he fills the need many contenders have. He also has one of the best net ratings in the league when on the floor. It would allow for Samanic's continued development and depending on it's trajectory COULD actually move the needle for the Spurs. This is the most likely (still not real likely) path for the Spurs to actually fight for a conference finals berth.
    Any trade targets would be one for one. Our position of need is a 4. It's not like the Spurs would trade Gay for a guard or center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I used the wrong wording. I wasn't speaking of Aldridge's performance. Moreso on his consistent injury status (which people are speculating is actually a rift between LMA and the Spurs). What I meant to say was more like, "perhaps Aldridge is just too damn old for the NBA that his body is failing him."
    I don’t think it’s a matter of old. Tim was 4 years older when his right knee finally gave way, but played a lot of high level ball between 35-39. This goes back to LMAs first year here, when he and Tim were working out, and he just basically walked off the floor when Tim told him this was what it took to play into your late 30s in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think it’s a matter of old. Tim was 4 years older when his right knee finally gave way, but played a lot of high level ball between 35-39. This goes back to LMAs first year here, when he and Tim were working out, and he just basically walked off the floor when Tim told him this was what it took to play into your late 30s in the NBA.
    Tim was also 40 lbs lighter, wasn't he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just find one. I'm now curious.

Edit: And you've been cool in my book.
    Thanks bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it a gamble. Curry so happened to work out. Of course if we see potential curry in our young guys. Why not. But it can be like sixers trading igoudala for bynum and ended up with a 4 year tanking plan. Spurs is small market. We cant lose for 4 years like lakers and magically get lebron.
    so its balancing trading derozan and getting the right assets. Trading derozan for a worse asset risks the team losing for multiple years.

so my take is derozan trade will happen if spurs can get a good asset out of it. If not then it will depends how much will other teams pay derozan. I doubt spurs want to overpay him on a very long deal
    We are already losing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I guess that counts but you really had to search for that didn't you

That post is also from the beginning of the 2018 season before anyone realized how terrible he really was
    But ur making my point...I notice things before they become common knowledge...and when I point it out,I get bashed...

1. Been said Murray would be a really good PG and needs to be a starter...got bashed

2. Said White is a good player that needs to play over Forbes...this was when white wasn't playing well before murray went down and a LOT of ppl had given up on him

3. Said we would regret not trading LMA, and said if we keep him, we wont get any better as a team, and he will end up old and nearly untradeable with a bad contract...got bashed because ppl loved the fact that he was our only star at the time

4. Said we would miss the playoffs last year, so it makes no sense to keep trying with LMA and DDR...got bashed because ppl said DDR had a year under the system and we made it the year before, so we would only get better...we missed it...

5. Said Jacob is better as a starter because our defense really picks up with him on the floor...got bashed as ppl said he was a stiff...now our defense is a top ranking defense and he is in one of the best ranking defensive lineups in the league...

There's a lot more things I point out that I get bashed for, then when they happen, ppl act like it was an obvious thing and that everyone on the board always used to think that way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People don't on duncan2k5 because he's"right" or he's "wrong". They on him because he's loud and obnoxious.

Also, majority of people recognize DeMar's flaws and I don't know anyone who actually wants to build a team around him. Again, keeping him doesn't mean building around him. To duncan2k5, everything is black and white and nothing else. Literally no one is saying DeMar will lead us to championships, but that's how it is in his twisted mind.
    Are u serious? Numerous ppl on here say we are one piece away from being a contender...if u understand basketball, u would see that that's a ludicrous thing to say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup.. funny thing is that D2k5 is pretty much the DeMar Derozan of SpursTalk.. the dude's probably a cool fella but his takes can be very annoying & frustrating
    Lol...this is pretty funny...not gonna lie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was also 40 lbs lighter, wasn't he?
    Perhaps LMA could learn from that. Tim wasn’t always that light. He dropped the weight to prolong his career after 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But ur making my point...I notice things before they become common knowledge...and when I point it out,I get bashed...

1. Been said Murray would be a really good PG and needs to be a starter...got bashed

2. Said White is a good player that needs to play over Forbes...this was when white wasn't playing well before murray went down and a LOT of ppl had given up on him

3. Said we would regret not trading LMA, and said if we keep him, we wont get any better as a team, and he will end up old and nearly untradeable with a bad contract...got bashed because ppl loved the fact that he was our only star at the time

4. Said we would miss the playoffs last year, so it makes no sense to keep trying with LMA and DDR...got bashed because ppl said DDR had a year under the system and we made it the year before, so we would only get better...we missed it...

5. Said Jacob is better as a starter because our defense really picks up with him on the floor...got bashed as ppl said he was a stiff...now our defense is a top ranking defense and he is in one of the best ranking defensive lineups in the league...

There's a lot more things I point out that I get bashed for, then when they happen, ppl act like it was an obvious thing and that everyone on the board always used to think that way
    The world doesn't revolve around you, bro. A lot of people here have had the same opinions as you. They just don't hang onto it like it's their life's purpose to tell other people "I told you so!".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are u serious? Numerous ppl on here say we are one piece away from being a contender...if u understand basketball, u would see that that's a ludicrous thing to say
    So? A lot of people here say dumb . You don't get paid to lecture everybody on how you think the team should build its team. It's a waste of your energy to constantly respond to everybody you disagree with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been around much the past season or so, as it took me a while to get over the Kawhi fiasco (I watched most of the games the first season after he left, but sort of had a hangover last season and didn't want to watch many of the games), however, I made a concerted effort to try and watch every single Spurs game this season because I really did like the potential of some of the young guys. I guess it started with Derrick White and Dejounte in the first season Kawhi left/was traded, and I've liked the draft picks since then too, so I wanted to start watching every single game again. It was also the first time in my life since I became a Spurs fan in '93/'94 where I didn't follow every single game (I couldn't start watching games until 2004 in my country, but before then I followed every game online in some form or another - 90% of the time live). Maybe I also needed a break from Basketball as I was so into it during the D-Rob/TD era and what I thought was going to be the Kawhi era (I also think it's a good thing that I've been able to step back and realize there is other more important stuff. I still love basketball, though, especially when it's played the right way like the Spurs try to).

Anyway, I digress, so back to the topic at hand. I just haven't been around much the past season/season and a half prior to this one to follow Duncan2K5s posts, so I'll take your word on it for the reasons everyone keeps crapping on him. I just thought his points in that post were really accurate and that is what I've thought the past year or two about DeMar now that I've had a good enough look/handle on his game and mental makeup/temperament in tight/big games.

I didn't think this before, but seeing how some of these young players are playing now, I looked back at the Raptors and where they were when he left. I really do think DeMar had a pretty big hand in helping some of these young guys get better and become better players, but I think that is the endpoint with him as a leader/player to build your team around. If you want to go any further, he's not the guy to take you there as a number one option. I'm not even sure if he's best suited as a 2nd or 3rd option on a Championship level team. I am leaning towards 3rd option. His lack of three point shot is a killer and really holds him back. These past few years in SA, he really should have made a huge effort to add one to his game. It's all on him for not doing so.
    I don't even think he is good at making young players better... everyone on his team got better with Kawhi...Lowry shed his choker label...Pascal became a star...Van Vleet became a known name around the NBA and got a big contract... because Kawhi is similar to Duncan... because they can be great without NEEDING the ball in their hands, it allows other players to build up their games...so Kawhi can go off for 30 or 40 without it meaning he is stifling the growth of other players because he can play off ball...

Typically players like DeMar who always need to hold the ball may get good assist numbers, but it also makes other players on the team one dimensional...it turns them into spot up shooter a as opposed to being dynamic players...so Kawhi could play off ball while Pascal learned his game and drives to the rim or posts up... because he knows he would be given the space to do so since Kawhi is a three point threat and also unselfish

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, even duncan2k5 himself has posted that he and I share a lot of views on things even though we argue a lot. The problem is his approach to replying to people who show the least bit of openness to the possibility of DeMar and LMA returning to the team. He feels compelled to argue his ass off every single time a word is said about either of these two, as if he wants to force his own opinion onto others and have us become a sort of cult-- one where everybody hates on both DeMar and LMA. He can't accept other people's opinions and will write paragraphs of re-hashed topics every. single. damn. time.

I'm not even to attached to DeMar or LaMarcus and he always acts like I do or anyone for that matter. *I don't care* if they are gone after this season.

duncak2k5, you need to ing let go of your demons and stop having a Trump-like at ude to people having other opinions. Not everyone has to have the same opinion as you.
    I get it...but I'm a PASSIONATE Spurs fan...and I don't mind losing...but I can't stand complacency... And I think DDR and LMA are good enough to make the playoffs, but their games and temperament will never allow them to win a ring if they're the focal point or playing major roles... So to see ppl comfortable with just making the playoffs even tho we don't have a bright future reminds me of Magic fans... Who have been stagnant for a decade... We have no iden y with those two, and no bright future with them in it... And it's frustrating that I feel like I'm one of the few on here who realizes the urgency of the situation... Trade while they have value, or we end up like other teams that keep their bad stars too long until they get untradeable due to their diminished skills and high paid contract

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are already losing
    So far we are playoffs. It's no guarantee. But definitely not bottom team.

Not all teams cut their loser player and gets a curry. Think like magic losing howard and just bottom team for many years. Same with sixers.

So while spurs are getting a suitable trade partner. Trading for the sake of trading is not necessary good. There is no guarantee we will just end up with a curry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's a difference between the time he wants touches and now. Basically he legit is bad now. While he is at his prime before.

He might not be happy. But not like he will get his touches anywhere else if he plays like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan2k5 - is there a contract the Spurs could offer DeRozan that you could live with? I was on the get-rid-of-him boat since 2019-2020 season, but a lot of posters have pointed out his value in bonding the team. He was the guy holding back Murray from going at Gregg the other night. And what I like best about his play is his passing. He's actively finding the right guy that leads to an open shot.

If I had to choose I'd still say move on, simply because it allows these recent draft picks (Walker, Samanic, Johnson, Vassell) to inherit the swingman minutes... BUT, I won't have a problem if they extend him. The ceiling isn't a le anyway so 3 more years of DeRozan won't be John Wall/Oladipo level dead-end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've got a good chance to finish top 6 (Knicks will probably drop out) and the likely top 2 (Nets and Bucks) would leave a likely 3-6 of 76ers, Celtics, Raptors and them, which is a virtual coin flip. I suspect they'd be fine with that and I don't think a surprising run to the Finals last season has created pressure or is going to lead them to do something foolish.

I know, but I'm skeptical of the veracity.
    They've definitely played a lot better recently, and with the close standins have a chance at a home court in the first round. Still, I don't think they'd be content with a first or second round playoff appearance after the Finals even if it probably was partly due to crazy cir stances.

Plus Riley has a tendency of doing something splashy to shake-up the team. Whether its trading for DeMar is still a question but if they can move a first then they have enough assets to at least get the Spurs consider it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt the Spurs would be at least 22-13 had they not missed out on 4 winnable games due to Covid protocol. And I'm thinking the Net game goes in their favor too, which would make them 23-12 and percentage points ahead of the Lakers and Clippers for the 3 seed.

Not bad for a team that's "rebuilding".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    interested in seeing this, because i really find it hard to envision since Murray speaks so glowingly of Pop and has said more than once he looks at him like a father figure. really hope you're just looking too much into it because if you aint, definitely not what you wanna see from him at this point whether he had a legit gripe or not
    It’s a whole bunch of nothing. Just 2 guys talking it over. Everyone is just so used to everyone being scared of Pop. Pop loves Dj because of it. Dj loves Pop because of it. I don’t have the know how to make a gif but if you still have game recorded it’s in OT during the clear path foul review.

Pop was right to get on Dj. He left Kylie wide open for a 3, then on next play dribbled into traffic and turned ball over (thus the reason for the potential clear path foul).

I recognized Pop and Dj’s relationship was special way back when Lamarcus and Ibalka fought and Dj held LA back and physically pushed Pop away like “I got him” and Pop just smirked like that’s my boy.

Here it is.

I wish I could read lips.

Notice DJ's veins pop out in his neck in the second gif.

I don't dismiss the fact that they may have made up in the games after this. Could be much ado over nothing.

We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here it is.

I wish I could read lips.

Notice DJ's veins pop out in his neck in the second gif.

I don't dismiss the fact that they may have made up in the games after this. Could be much ado over nothing.

We'll see.
    This here is some mighty fine ST contributions

Thread Information