Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston really isn’t playing up to expectations right now and needs to change things up. Although brown and Tatum made the allstar team, the current roster clearly isn’t cutting it. Think they might be a little desperate.

Murray/Gay/LMA for Walker/Thompson works for both teams
    wtf

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see all these trades and mostly see us getting worse. The next trade I see as possibly beneficial is using Walker to move up in the draft if the FO sees someone they want. (Not saying it’s likely. But if we resign DD and Mills, Walker may be the odd man out for the future. Obviously, lots of unknowns here.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that LA is coming off the bench tells me that they might be close to something going down on that end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston really isn’t playing up to expectations right now and needs to change things up. Although brown and Tatum made the allstar team, the current roster clearly isn’t cutting it. Think they might be a little desperate.

Murray/Gay/LMA for Walker/Thompson works for both teams
    Why in the actual would the Spurs do that horrible ass trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could also sign with the Mavericks. I believe he is from the metroplex.
    Spurs have a better chance of ringing with our squad than the Mavs with our squad. But knowing Cuban, he might just pay Aldridge to inspite us 😂

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aldridge playing center off the bench is the only way he adds real value to this team. id be stunned if he's happy though, as LMA for a while made a big deal about not wanting to play center, and i never saw him as the kind of guy who'd agree to play off the bench

still, i cant imagine wanting to pay him 2/24 after this season. his decline has been pretty drastic.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-28-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we all know when a player demands to be traded Spurs are going to do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know they work with players who ask, and will find them a soft landing spot, but a demand would likely land you somewhere you don’t want to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you doing with the $50 million in cap space? That team is interesting without using any of it, and only upside from there.

Guys will be resigned, signed in FA, traded for into cap space, contracts absorbed to acquire future picks, etc. Not to mention that a Demar S&T could bring back something if he does decide to leave ... unlikely S&T needed for the other three. No idea what they’ll do, but the roster will almost certainly look better than just removing Demar/Aldridge/Gay/Mills.

And Spurs get TE that’s larger than the MLE to boot (useful if planning to operate above the cap). I want nothing to do with Teague.
    I don't think Luka is ready to start at the 4, so I'd imagine most of their focus is finding another 4 in FA i.e. Collins or Markkanen. If they strike out then they could shift Johnson up to the four and play Vassell along with Poeltl, White, and Murray.

Technically, that lineup is about the same size as the normal SL this season but White replacing Walker and KJ replacing DDR.

They might re-sign Mills, bring back Lyles for depth, otherwise they might not use much cap unless they agree to take back bad salary in exchange for picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is done dude. You must be a Boston fan.
    Nope. Spurs fan and yes I’ve watched the spurs games this season. Think Walker has a good 3 years left. He’s had a down year for him yes but he’s far from done. Bet he plays well the rest of the season. And I guess no one gets The Dude reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can’t trade their 1st rounder until like 2026.
    Really? If true then obviously no deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see the spurs even hanging on to the 12th spot if Aldridge is moved. I'm not a big fan of his but without him and his quiet 21 pts the other night we would've been crushed by the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really doubt a single poster on ST ever said Forbes was better than White/Murray. If it's that old re tholdren he doesn't count
    I have a good memory...when murray got stripped twice from pat Bev, ppl completely gave up on him and wanted forbes to be our starting of...saying stuff like he is similar to curry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see the spurs even hanging on to the 12th spot if Aldridge is moved. I'm not a big fan of his but without him and his quiet 21 pts the other night we would've been crushed by the Pelicans.
    he's still useful for this year if he agrees to be the bench center, because otherwise the only guys we have who can realistically play center are jakob and eubanks... and eubanks is questionable. if jakob is having one if his foul trouble games, we're looking at having to play hyper small with Gay at center.

LMA off the bench does have value for us right now, but if we can move his expiring deal for assets that can help us down the line, i think its worth it

but when looking at the pelicans game, you also have to factor that we are still missing Derrick White and Keldon Johnson, Rudy Gay, and Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that LA is coming off the bench tells me that they might be close to something going down on that end.
    Like he should have been for the entire last 2 seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we were missing White, Keldon, and Vassell. Going defense, and not trying to lean on our offense is what has us in a far better situation this year. Just when, exactly, do you think we made our move? When LMA was out injured.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know they work with players who ask, and will find them a soft landing spot, but a demand would likely land you somewhere you don’t want to be.
    Well, they didn't trade Aldridge the first time he asked for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, they didn't trade Aldridge the first time he asked for one.
    He was one year into a four year deal. Pop sat him down, and talked to him, and they gave him an extension. Everyone was content.

The Spurs have a history of accommodating players by trading them when they really want out, or withdrawing qualifying offers so they can sign a deal elsewhere, like Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one year into a four year deal. Pop sat him down, and talked to him, and they gave him an extension. Everyone was content.

The Spurs have a history of accommodating players by trading them when they really want out, or withdrawing qualifying offers so they can sign a deal elsewhere, like Simmons.
    I thought it was in 2017, after the Spurs lost in the WCF. But I can't really argue with you on the rest of what you said.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have bagged Demar since he got here. Didnt like his history with raps, nor the hero balling or 4th quarter chokes that we saw many times in his first season here.. compare him to now? He definitely has taken his game to another level and as spur has come around to spurs kind of basketball.. culture-wise ,you can tell he and the spurs get along.

Im all for extending Demar. Hopefully the spurs wil do their best to keep him. He's a true difference maker, his play making and goto offense when baskets are a hard to come by are needed to make this team truly special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Zach Lowe (by way of Bobby Marks from ESPN) on the BS Podcast the Heat actually can trade a future first if they change their pick protection.

Think its this one:

2023 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Oklahoma City Thunder

If Miami misses the playoffs in 2023 then that pick doesn't convey, and then they keep the pick. If they make the playoffs then that pick goes to OKC.

If true, then Miami can change the pick protection in a trade with the Spurs in which their 2023 1st would convey to the Spurs in a potential trade if the Heat misses the playoffs.

Maybe a package including Iggy, Olynyk, Achiuwa and a 1st* for DDR and Eubanks.

(* could be 1-5 and 16-30 protected in 2023, 2024, and 2025 otherwise it becomes 2 future seconds)
    Last edited by cd021; 03-01-2021 at 06:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Zach Lowe (by way of Bobby Marks from ESPN) on the BS Podcast the Heat actually can trade a future first if they change their pick protection.

Think its this one:

2023 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Oklahoma City Thunder

If Miami misses the playoffs in 2023 then that pick doesn't convey, and then they keep the pick. If they make the playoffs then that pick goes to OKC.

If true, then Miami can change the pick protection in a trade with the Spurs in which their 2023 1st would convey to the Spurs in a potential trade if the Heat misses the playoffs.

They could package Iggy, Leonard, and Olynyk, along with a 2023 1st* for DeRozan and Gay

(* could be 1-5 and 16-30 protected in 2023, 2024, and 2025 otherwise it becomes 2 future seconds)
    Ouch.
    Why would we do this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch.
    Why would we do this?
    On second though, maybe not that trade exactly Spurs would probably need another asset or two before they ship DDR out.

Maybe the framework would be like Iggy, Olynyk, Achiuwa and a 1st for DDR and Eubanks.

Getting a shot at a lottery pick might be enticing for the Spurs while Achuiwa is a promising prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO DDR is not traded after his father passing. LMA can be traded only to Portland because he requested it. Spurs culture style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want DDR to stay. I love watching him play. Hopefully Spurs can hand over the torch before he leaves.

Thread Information