Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not want DDR to stay. I hate watching his iso ball play. Hopefully Spurs can get the young ones to carry the torch after he leaves

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that LA is coming off the bench tells me that they might be close to something going down on that end.
    Hard to say. It may be that they are trying to increase his production from the second unit because he is playing so poorly and his stock has plummeted, and they are trying to salvage the situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not want DDR to stay. I hate watching his iso ball play. Hopefully Spurs can get the young ones to carry the torch after he leaves
    The team Best passer is playing iso ball only ? Did you watch some spurs games ?

He is Not what i call ans iso ball player, he is unselfish and that's one of the reason of the spurs success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is killin' it this year. Seems like a great dude, too.
    Distributing, scoring, supporting the development of the young guys.
    Those things would be difficult to replace. Getting dissed for the All-Star game will only fuel him.
    These guys are really developing deep chemistry and its clear that there is a lot of support for each other. So much better than last year.

LMA could go either way. IF he can accept a bench role, wins will follow and we will be a very strong team. IF NOT, his trade value likely goes up. Win-win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate watching his iso ball play.
    Does not compute.

7 APG, currently 13th in the NBA. Takes less shots a game than Murray.

Sure, he calls his own number from time to time, but he's also one of the only players on the team who can create his own shot consistently. Him being an iso player is old news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 assist last game. It's more like penetrate and pass or score. Either way it's no iso ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Zach Lowe (by way of Bobby Marks from ESPN) on the BS Podcast the Heat actually can trade a future first if they change their pick protection.

Think its this one:

2023 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Oklahoma City Thunder

If Miami misses the playoffs in 2023 then that pick doesn't convey, and then they keep the pick. If they make the playoffs then that pick goes to OKC.

If true, then Miami can change the pick protection in a trade with the Spurs in which their 2023 1st would convey to the Spurs in a potential trade if the Heat misses the playoffs.

Maybe a package including Iggy, Olynyk, Achiuwa and a 1st* for DDR and Eubanks.

(* could be 1-5 and 16-30 protected in 2023, 2024, and 2025 otherwise it becomes 2 future seconds)
    They’re not going to give us that lottery pick to rent DeRozan for a few months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not going to give us that lottery pick to rent DeRozan for a few months.
    Exactly,
    The market for either is not there. I don't see a single contender, or team who thought they were a contender entering the season who would give up assets for a few months rental.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO DDR is not traded after his father passing. LMA can be traded only to Portland because he requested it. Spurs culture style.
    Spurs culture says they won’t trade him to a team, but he could easily be traded to any playoff team for a stretch run, and he is a FA, and can go to Portland this summer if he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly,
    The market for either is not there. I don't see a single contender, or team who thought they were a contender entering the season who would give up assets for a few months rental.
    It depends on the set and player. Boston has said they’re in the market for a shooting big, and they have a TE that will expire if they don’t use it. They could turn it around,nand be a contender. LMA could fit there.

Miami? I just don’t see it. They flat suck this year, and one veteran won’t really right their ship.

BTW, is anyone else sharing my view of Jimmy Butler as a team destroyer? He ed up the TWolves chemistry when he was there, tanked the 76ers last year, and they are SO much better this year without him, and he’s now dragged Miami from the Finals, to out of the playoff picture.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on the set and player. Boston has said they’re in the market for a shooting big, and they have a TE that will expire if they don’t use it. They could turn it around,nand be a contender. LMA could fit there.

Miami? I just don’t see it. They flat suck this year, and one veteran won’t really right their ship.

BTW, is anyone else sharing my view of Jimmy Butler as a team destroyer? He ed up the TWolves chemistry when he was there, tanked the 76ers last year, and they are SO much better this year without him, and he’s now dragged Miami from the Finals, to out of the playoff picture.
    Look again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ing idea what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I can't see Boston having any interest in LMA. Ainge said recently they're not currently a contender, and LMA hardly changes that. Plus why give away future assets when you have two young stars to build around. I can see them offering Walker to unload him, but wouldn't take on his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan has been great for the Spurs this season. He came in ready to play, and he seems to gel nicely with the younger talent. He's putting up career assist numbers as well.

The Spurs need some veteran leadership, and I have no problem with that person being DDR, even if it means resigning him to a solid deal. We won't get anyone better by letting him walk, I'm pretty convinced of that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know enough about Butler to judge but your time frames seem mixed up. Timberwolves have always sucked and in 18 -19 ,two years ago he was with Philadelphia when they lost to the Raptors in game seven on Kawhi's last second shot on the way to their le. Last year he was with the Heat when they went to the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan has been great for the Spurs this season. He came in ready to play, and he seems to gel nicely with the younger talent. He's putting up career assist numbers as well.

The Spurs need some veteran leadership, and I have no problem with that person being DDR, even if it means resigning him to a solid deal. We won't get anyone better by letting him walk, I'm pretty convinced of that.
    I'd be good with like a two-year deal. He's really earned it. Longer, not sure we should do that. He'll probably get longer and more lucrative deals elsewhere. I wonder how happy he is as a Spur? If he can lead us to the second round of the playoffs, then there's probably enouogh potential in the immediate future to wait and see if any of the young ones develop while DeMarr is still in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team Best passer is playing iso ball only ? Did you watch some spurs games ?

He is Not what i call ans iso ball player, he is unselfish and that's one of the reason of the spurs success.
    yeah, i saw that take and wondered if this poster has ever even watched any spurs games.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Miami's had bad luck with injuries with Butler, Herro, Dragic, and Bradley all missing extended periods and even still they're .500. I think they would be interested in any of the Spurs' expiring vets minus LA. Whether they'd be willing to offer enough back is a question though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

in ST land. there seems to be this belief that the spurs can do so much better than DDR. not sure where the that is coming from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in ST land. there seems to be this belief that the spurs can do so much better than DDR. not sure where the that is coming from.
    Same people who think there’s a Tim Duncan waiting in the draft - you only have to tank a season or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same people who think there’s a Tim Duncan waiting in the draft - you only have to tank a season or two.
    Spineless "fans"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Gay is our most tradeable asset. He would be a great backup for a le contender. He is valuable to our team too, but I think he has one of two more seasons left before he really declines so now is a great time to let him chase a ring and give us value in return.
    LMA might become a valuable trade asset too if he continues to play well off the bench.
    I doubt we'd be willing to move Patty, but he is also a very valuable piece for a contender. I doubt we move him.

Everyone else is either not a good trade piece or someone I want to keep as we build this team.
    I want to keep DDR. He is the engine that makes our offense go and he has been a class guy so far.
    I really like letting our starting 5 of White, DJM, DDR, KJ and Poeltl play together a couple more years to see how good they get.
    By the time DDR's game declines White, DJM and KJ will be ready to carry the load.
    We need to find another young talented big that can develop w these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know enough about Butler to judge but your time frames seem mixed up. Timberwolves have always sucked and in 18 -19 ,two years ago he was with Philadelphia when they lost to the Raptors in game seven on Kawhi's last second shot on the way to their le. Last year he was with the Heat when they went to the finals.
    Yeah sorry Ex that take was just wrong lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackie Mac on the Bill Simmons pod, hears Gay's name tied to the Heat apparently.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are confusing things. Yes, DD is playing well for us, but he isn’t a changed player. He still the guy people wanted off the team THIS recent summer. What’s different? Dejounte has made a leap, Keldon is solid, Yak is doing great and the TEAM is doing better. DD is a part of that, obviously. And I have changed my mind about him. But I won’t panic if he leaves. He’s still a complicated and at times frustrating player.

Thread Information