Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it the same way as Marco Belinelli. The Spurs let him walk because he literally had no value.

If the guy has no value, then what's the point? You said so yourself.

I think we're getting too caught up in getting value for everything when the guy already gave value in an intangible way. For some reason, people need to see the exchange in numbers, figures, or something that flat out spells the value out in front of their eyes.
    His value is low, but there could be a team willing to take him to shed salary this offseason. The Cavs have been wanting to get rid of Love. Now Vucevic’s name is being brought up. Who knows? I’m not a big fan of Love, but his 3pt shot and rebounding could be an asset to this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see it the same way as Marco Belinelli. The Spurs let him walk because he literally had no value.

If the guy has no value, then what's the point? You said so yourself.

I think we're getting too caught up in getting value for everything when the guy already gave value in an intangible way. For some reason, people need to see the exchange in numbers, figures, or something that flat out spells the value out in front of their eyes.
    If Aldridge has "no value" tf is he doing on the team eating up minutes and 24 million this season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His value is low, but there could be a team willing to take him to shed salary this offseason. The Cavs have been wanting to get rid of Love. Now Vucevic’s name is being brought up. Who knows? I’m not a big fan of Love, but his 3pt shot and rebounding could be an asset to this team.
    Capspace or several mid level FAs >>>> Kevin Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Aldridge has "no value" tf is he doing on the team eating up minutes and 24 million this season?
    Have you noticed that he’s not eating minutes much recently?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you noticed that he’s not eating minutes much recently?

With damage done and behind us, now a half season to go HOF coach has woken up?
    Probably some teams could have been snookered after one his 56 point outbursts of moons ago.

This pattern of overpaying and hanging onto washed vets is soo beyond old.
    The bubble Spurs never happened by design. CIA Popped was absolutely going to play Forbes and his other pets before injuries forced the Young Core bubble.

Oh well, glad it happened. IMO someone got involved in the offseason and told Popped the bubble line ups needed to continue.
    Thankfully he partially complied and for the most part has stayed out of the way of Young Core development this season.

Moving fwd, if some team offers an 18th round pick for LMA why not take it? Spurs drafting has remained top notch thru out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With damage done and behind us, now a half season to go HOF coach has woken up?
    Probably some teams could have been snookered after one his 56 point outbursts of moons ago.

This pattern of overpaying and hanging onto washed vets is soo beyond old.
    The bubble Spurs never happened by design. CIA Popped was absolutely going to play Forbes and his other pets before injuries forced the Young Core bubble.

Oh well, glad it happened. IMO someone got involved in the offseason and told Popped the bubble line ups needed to continue.
    Thankfully he partially complied and for the most part has stayed out of the way of Young Core development this season.

Moving fwd, if some team offers an 18th round pick for LMA why not take it? Spurs drafting has remained top notch thru out.
    To be fair to Pop, LMA has dropped off a cliff that I don’t think anyone saw coming this quickly. They gave him time to work it out, 21 games, and then, other than covering COVID shortages for 3 games, he hasn’t played at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capspace or several mid level FAs >>>> Kevin Love.
    But is that really the question? Are we discussing trading them straight up or are we talking about a 1st or two coming our way?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that’s kind of a weak argument since the option was always his. They didn’t do anything for him to get paid this year.
    Not if Spurs were offering him a 4 year contract last off season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think folks who keep saying trade Aldridge are forgetting that we have to take back a contract or contracts that are similar to his unless the team we are trading him to can absorb his deal. It isn’t many teams that can absorb that much money.

trading for Kevin Love and another year (expires at the end of 2022-23 season) of his bad contract isn’t a smart move in my opinion. He is worse on defense than Aldridge and more injury prone also. He is a better rebounder, passer, and 3 point shooter but I’m sure we all can agree we would rather have a big guy who can defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think folks who keep saying trade Aldridge are forgetting that we have to take back a contract or contracts that are similar to his unless the team we are trading him to can absorb his deal. It isn’t many teams that can absorb that much money.

trading for Kevin Love and another year (expires at the end of 2022-23 season) of his bad contract isn’t a smart move in my opinion. He is worse on defense than Aldridge and more injury prone also. He is a better rebounder, passer, and 3 point shooter but I’m sure we all can agree we would rather have a big guy who can defend.
    Agreed, Kevin Love is a lateral move at best but more likely a downgrade with a worse contract. Hard pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can thank Brian Wrong for that. Picking up his option was always a bad move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can thank Brian Wrong for that. Picking up his option was always a bad move.
    He wasn’t awful last year, when the FO guaranteed his deal. It’s always a good idea to wait, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we could get Cleveland's lottery pick I actually wouldn't mind doing that deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could get Cleveland's lottery pick I actually wouldn't mind doing that deal.
    That's my view as well...the earlier talk about Vuc (giving up way to much) to play behind Poeltl (as some suggested) is similar to this imo. Love is fine as a backup C and is similar to Vuc in some respects. Yes, he's way overpaid but an unprotected 1st would mitigate that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rankingtear

From your boy, NBASupes, the Atlanta Hawks insider:

The biggest players that should be moved is DeRozan and Oladipo. I was told that both have high value cost but teams feel the price is reasonable. DeRozan to Charlotte just seems like it can be a thing. Pop likes Rozier too. A lot of these borderline teams are looking for that player to get them over the edge.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432...omment-1070388

Do us a solid, James Borrego.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More from that guy:

I actually just spoke with him on the Hawks.

Snell, Bruno, Dunn, Rondo are available at the right price. Snell though due to injuries is highly valued for where he was in JAN. Dunn is not available but he is if they can get the right type of player as mentioned below. Gallo or Bogi is not available. None of the core kids are either. JC is available but not really. Atlanta wants a top 5-10 pick for him or an equal young player. A lot of teams have interest in JC but the asking price is extremely high for most. JC is a fall back plan for most teams. There is still this thought that he could end up back in Atlanta. It's all about the market. Teams feel JC is worth exactly what Atlanta offered and while some are willing to go over 90 million, it's not that much over is what he's hearing.

Knicks are interested in a 3 way deal with Atlanta where Randle goes to Atlanta, JC, Mitch Rob, and Snell to MIN, and KAT goes to NY while a lot of picks goes to MIN but MIN and ATL have shown no interest so far. Knicks are trying to get a superstar as quiet as it's kept. KAT is their primary target. Next is Booker who loves PHX right now.
    Hawks aren't buyers or salers yet but have had interest in Eric Bledsoe I've heard. The thing about Bledsoe is Atlanta could get him without trading a 1st or Snell either. Dunn/Rondo can land them Bledsoe.

Atlanta has also talked to New Orleans about Re .

To @TheNorthCydeRises happiness or sadness, Bruno has been added to the available list. He's mainly a salary filler at this stage if moved.
    Hawks do believe that they have a shot to not only make the playoffs but get homecourt and they are fighting to be a top 4 seed.

Nothing big outside of the Knicks snooping around is happening right now.

Oladipo, Gordon, and Forniner are getting a lot of buzz but I was told the price is really high for them. Oladipo seems to be getting the most buzz. Memphis has been linked to him the most he said. Houston wants a top 10 protected 1st for VO.

Expect JC interest to pick up soon, although he's likely to NOT be traded. Once again, teams around the league DON'T feel he's worth this type of money and many think Atlanta offer was excellent. His value is his RFA status which is why Atlanta wants SO MUCH for him.

He didn't mention anything about us targeting a center right now.

Lonzo Ball is another player teams like but like JC, the price is massive. Orlando has spoke on potentially bringing Ball to ORL.

Note: Orlando wants to make a push for the playoffs. They are NOT in sell mode. They are only in asset mode and if they can land one or trade their players for some, they are fine with that. The cost for their players is HIGH.

Houston is selling but outside of Tucker, I was told, not for cheap. Tucker is expected to be traded.

Blake Griffin is getting some calls to return back to LAC if brought out. With Batum success and the lack of PF depth, LAC is interested in the return of the greatest Clipper of all time.

The biggest players that should be moved is DeRozan and Oladipo. I was told that both have high value cost but teams feel the price is reasonable. DeRozan to Charlotte just seems like it can be a thing. Pop likes Rozier too. A lot of these borderline teams are looking for that player to get them over the edge.

Oh, almost forgot, Lowry also is available and for cheap but I was told, he's unlikely to be moved as he wants to go to a contender. This is not new news. This is just confirmed. His contract and demands makes things hard.

Shams has pretty much nailed things. Boston wants Grant but he's gonna cost Boston their life assets wise, LMAO!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rankingtear

What would a potential Charlotte trade look like for Demar? I don't follow them that closely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rankingtear

Rozier
    Yeah just what is needed another combo guard. Also why would charlotte want DDR?
    I see very little that makes sense for both the Spurs and and any purported trading partner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rozier
    Yeah just what is needed another combo guard. Also why would charlotte want DDR?
    I see very little that makes sense for both the Spurs and and any purported trading partner
    Rozier is who we want Lonnie to become.

He destroyed us the last time we played them.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rozier is who we want Lonnie to become.

He destroyed us the last time we played them.
    I am frankly shocked at how efficient Rozier has become. There was some buzz that the Spurs were considering trading Number Two to Boston with Rozier being part of the return package. At the time I wanted no part of him: a 6'1" SG who only shot 40% from the floor sounded like a less efficient version of Bryn Forbes.

Now Rozier is taking 7.7 threes per game and hitting an eye-popping 43.9% of them. His TS% is 62.6, which would lead the Spurs by a good margin (DeRozan is at 59.4, a career high for him). Rozier would be like a super-Mills on the Spurs, and would of course start rather than coming off the bench. He's on a reasonable contract too ($17.9M next season, then a free agent). While DeRozan is the engine of the offense right now, Rozier would help the Spurs build a Utah style of offense if that's what they want. Rozier/White/Samanic as volume three-point shooters surrounding Murray (who hopefully can at least improve to league-average from three) and Poeltl likely wouldn't set the world on fire like Utah is, but can be a reasonable facsimile.

I don't know if Rozier is any good on defense, but given his negative DBPM numbers and short stature I would guess he isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think the spurs consider moving demar unless they know he's not returning and i don't think LMA is going anywhere because i can't see any team offering anything of value for him. or a deal that would work out salary-cap wise. i mean, if we can get an expiring contact that matched LMA's and a draft pick, that'd be great. it'd also be a miracle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rankingtear

Rozier and PJ Washington works.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR to Charlotte isn't happening. They almost have to include Rozier for salary. Even then assuming the Spurs won't go over the lux tax threshold then they would have to include at least 2 other players. They could use Cody Zeller if the play is to get their draft pick, but beyond that why would the Spurs add another guard to the rotation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte is trying to make the playoffs and a Lamelo, Demar, Hayward trio should get them there. I really like PJ Washington if he was included in the trade, one of Keldons teammates from kentucky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR to Charlotte isn't happening. They almost have to include Rozier for salary. Even then assuming the Spurs won't go over the lux tax threshold then they would have to include at least 2 other players. They could use Cody Zeller if the play is to get their draft pick, but beyond that why would the Spurs add another guard to the rotation?
    Repeating myself, but Rozier and PJ Washington works. Obviously, Charlotte would have to reach an agreement with DD and his representation that he would stay.

Thread Information