Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the great website and for writing up the game grades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the sort of game where Aldridge can do well. Against other bigs, he's tough, physical, and is quick enough for interior defense. It's everywhere else that he struggles (esp. due to age).

If the Spurs are shopping him, teams should be interested who are facing teams with bigs, i.e. Lakers. He does well against AD, for example, because he's more physical and AD is a little .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I was a little worried with all the missed jump shots in the end and didn't know why they weren't attacking the rim more. Thankfully some really important boards saw us through. A great win!

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good game, good write up.
    Aldridge looks good coming off the bench with the second unit, he has an outside shooter in Mills, eventually Walker and Vasell. DeRozan played great, happy too see Samanic getting playing time and showing development, wish he scored though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you at least called out Mills and Pop for the near fourth quarter meltdown. LMA looked good tonight off the bench. Question is if he can do this regularly, or if this was a one-off game since he's looked abysmal for the most part this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very encouraging game by Luka. Kid showed that he belonged to the NBA. That's a good beginning for him. Hopefully he takes strides going forward. We knew he had the tools..we didn't know if he had the bball IQ and court awareness at this level. His showing today was encouraging about the latter - good rotations, staying with the man, good on help and presenting himself as an option on offense..the kid did many right things. Very good sign.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR and LMA have this in common, they both, for their entire carreer, played a lot of minutes, and starter minutes, at high level of involvement (first or second option).
    DDR has still the body and energy to do that, these are his last years (2/3?) he can do that.
    LMA can't anymore, not in the starfting unit...but his skill level could be right for anchoring a second unit. The point is just of can accept it and want to do it going further...
    As I wrote some posts ago, if the veterans buy in and accept the less ooney but brighter future they can have with our "rejuvenating" team, this and next season we could be considered probably one of the deepest team in the entire nba...
    Just looking at today's game a starting unit of Murray, Walker, DR, Lyles and Poeltl was looking not that bad...and has a way to play the game with a lot of teams just because there are no particular weaknesses in it, not a strenght or talent weakness nor weak by an athletic point of wiew (and that means sustainable defense).
    But if these five can play together, we have a bench of : White (Jones) - Vassell (Mills) - K. Johnson - Gay (Samanic-KBD) - LMA (Eubanks)
    AKA practically another starting five...probably better and at least at the same llevel of the starting unit....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR and LMA have this in common, they both, for their entire carreer, played a lot of minutes, and starter minutes, at high level of involvement (first or second option).
    DDR has still the body and energy to do that, these are his last years (2/3?) he can do that.
    LMA can't anymore, not in the starfting unit...but his skill level could be right for anchoring a second unit. The point is just of can accept it and want to do it going further...
    As I wrote some posts ago, if the veterans buy in and accept the less ooney but brighter future they can have with our "rejuvenating" team, this and next season we could be considered probably one of the deepest team in the entire nba...
    Just looking at today's game a starting unit of Murray, Walker, DR, Lyles and Poeltl was looking not that bad...and has a way to play the game with a lot of teams just because there are no particular weaknesses in it, not a strenght or talent weakness nor weak by an athletic point of wiew (and that means sustainable defense).
    But if these five can play together, we have a bench of : White (Jones) - Vassell (Mills) - K. Johnson - Gay (Samanic-KBD) - LMA (Eubanks)
    AKA practically another starting five...probably better and at least at the same llevel of the starting unit....
    Yup, we’re loaded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a monster. It is such a ridiculous assumption that people here think Spurs would be better off without him. He is a such a joy to watch too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is a monster. It is such a ridiculous assumption that people here think Spurs would be better off without him. He is a such a joy to watch too.

People are crazy with DDR, he is a really good basketball player. Don't understand the hate.

Agree for Mills, he is the guy who can make you lose like in OKC : a lot of bad choices and too much playing tiome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That fadeaway in the fourth....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take Derozan on a resign with this young core at 3 years max. Let LA go, let Rudy go, maybe give Patty a 2 year deal at less money(maybe he takes a home discount) and invest the money back into our youth and build that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 ast and 0 turnover for the best pg in the team, good to see that "Murray hinders the development of other young people" take just disappeared from st, since in the end he was always the player to be developed as the main focus and turned into an "almost" elite 2way player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka looked the best he’s ever looked on the court as far as belong in the big boys NBA. His defensive awareness and rebounding were great and if he had finished that put back dunk.....oh my.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of space they gave on Zion was disrespectful. If he's going to become a great player, he'll have to learn how to shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA embraces a bench role it raises the ceiling for this team and it could make him a candidate to re-sign if he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trey looks sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thought: It’s crazy to think that the players out due to Covid restrictions will have not played for almost a month when they’re back. Sucks for D White but for Keldon, it’s probably a good rest. Hopefully he comes back with his batteries fully recharged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thought: It’s crazy to think that the players out due to Covid restrictions will have not played for almost a month when they’re back. Sucks for D White but for Keldon, it’s probably a good rest. Hopefully he comes back with his batteries fully recharged.
    During quarantine:

When they're back:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to see this depleted version of the Spurs playing compe ive games albeit thus far it has been OKC and NO. Nonetheless, the far reaches of the bench (Eubanks, Jones and Bates-Diop) are getting playing time.

I think this bodes well for the second half of the season when there are 40 games in 68 days. Teams are really going to need depth with that many games with so little down time and that plays into this groups strength.

Luka maturing before our very eyes, Vassell looking like he belongs right away and White finally getting back. Pop will need to manage how he plays Keldon since his playing style is balls to the wall and he will burn out if he overused.

LMA may be buying in to this back up role as a way of extending his career and a way to pace himself in the full second half of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the announcer called DJ Derozan at 4:19

https://youtu.be/xfjo2DVA2n4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. Spot on.

I can’t wait for the whole team to be back healthy. I think the key is Poeltl having the defensive game like last night, and maybe scoring 12 points would be a bonus. LA coming off the bench is huge. Samanic shows that he can play D and that’s more important. We know he can string a basket or two. DJ is a star. And Demar us a keeper for the right price. Mills should never close on a tight game. Hopefully Derrick remedies that when he gets back. Lonnie needs to stay aggressive in calling his shots. He is such a good player and just trust his skills. I hope Lyles continues to play with motor. He’s another good player who just needs to will it every night. Great game.

In addition, here’s Demar answer to people voting Ingram and Zion to All Star before him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of space they gave on Zion was disrespectful. If he's going to become a great player, he'll have to learn how to shoot.
    Spurs did that with LeBron in both 2013-14 finals. He learned to shoot those since then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving him that space was amazing, considering how he dropped bombs on us in his return game, last year. I think he railed like 5-6 long balls. That speaks to team discipline, and following the scouting report.

Thread Information