Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no they are not. That team was fantastic without their beat player. They are headed to the finals.
    I picked them to go all the way the moment they got Harden. It's impossible to defend 3 superstar players on the perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I picked them to go all the way the moment they got Harden. It's impossible to defend 3 superstar players on the perimeter.
    Nash is doing a great job massaging their egos. I could see the favorable calls pointing to the NBA darling in the East

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash is doing a great job massaging their egos. I could see the favorable calls pointing to the NBA darling in the East
    Agreed I also factored in them getting phantom calls,touch calls, which is going to make them hard to stop. One thing that has impressed me when their big 3 has played is how unselfish all 3 of those guys been on the court in deferring to whoever has the hot hand. It seems like they have really bought into just playing to win. The best hope I think most people had was hoping their 3 stars would fight each other on who will get touches considering they are all ISO players.

The only team I think that has a shot at beating them is the Sixers. They have the size in Simmons,Harris,Green,Thybulle to guard their perimeter and have the size to score on them in the paint with Simmons,Embiid. Sixers will be their toughest match up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Durant and Kyrie are playoff chokers now? That's not even remotely true. Harden yes, but who ing cares if he's the 3rd option? The Phoenix Suns never had anywhere near this much star power. And none of this has to do with tonight's game. Not sure what amazing defensive team is going to stop them in the East, but you go on ahead thinking that they are anything but an absolutely amazingly good offensive team if it makes you feel better.
    If I had to bet money even as a die hard Lakers fansxit would be on the Nets. But I wouldn't feel confident or comfortable about it. But I would have bet on Clippers last year BEFORE the season started. Harden has choked at times but Nets won't be relying on playoff pee pee. However KD needs to stay healthy...as good as Harden and Kyrie are they won't win a le without KD at 90%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to bet money even as a die hard Lakers fansxit would be on the Nets. But I wouldn't feel confident or comfortable about it. But I would have bet on Clippers last year BEFORE the season started. Harden has choked at times but Nets won't be relying on playoff pee pee. However KD needs to stay healthy...as good as Harden and Kyrie are they won't win a le without KD at 90%
    Obviously it comes down to health but if the Nets big 3 are healthy they are going to win it all. The center of gravity KD,Kyrie,Harden can generate on the offensive end is too much for teams to handle. They are also smarter than PG/Kawhi in the sense that they are trying build team chemistry and camaraderie with the role players and making them feel they are part of the team. Kawhi/PG failed miserably at that by alienating their teammates which lead to a chemistry meltdown against the Nuggets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You haven't really watched the Nets. Bruce Brown has gone off quite a few times this year due to the center of gravity Kyrie/Harden generates. In general scrubs tend to go off when they are playing with superstars. That's just basketball 101.
    Very true.

By the way, is that Claxton kid any relation to Speedy Claxton? I am assuming not, as I'd assume Sean would have bought it up during the game if he was.

Obviously it comes down to health but if the Nets big 3 are healthy they are going to win it all. The center of gravity KD,Kyrie,Harden can generate on the offensive end is too much for teams to handle. They are also smarter than PG/Kawhi in the sense that they are trying build team chemistry and camaraderie with the role players and making them feel they are part of the team. Kawhi/PG failed miserably at that by alienating their teammates which lead to a chemistry meltdown against the Nuggets.
    Pretty spot on take on why the Clippers failed. Kawhi can be such an idiot and times. I mean, did he not think chemistry would be important, especially when he came from the Spurs and to a certain degree in Toronto who's city and players embraced him. It truly was a re ed move by both PG and Kawhi to alienate their teammates and not put the effort in to build camaraderie with them.

I think the Nets have the potential to be a lot better than last year's Clippers. And if what Daslicer said it true about all three of them playing unselfishly and deferring to the hot hand, then IMO they are the heavy favourites, but I also agree with you that Durant has to be at least 90% for them to have that chance. I don't think Kyrie and Harden can do it between the two of them.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-02-2021 at 02:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watch the Nets almost every game. They're real. I thought getting Harden was going to screw the chemistry to , but Durant and Irving have completely settled next to him as the playmaker. They lost a ton of great role-players like Jarrett Allen in the trade, but what they have are playing at a high level. Not hard to do with such offensive geniuses around them, plus a guy like Joe Harris is one of the top guys in the league at what he does and Jordan is playing exactly like they need him to. He's feasting on lobs and blocks a lot of shots.

And now their defense doesn't look completely ish. Nash is doing a great job. They're getting a long, which was the big question. They'll lose a good number of games and the question is open how it all clicks down the line, but the Eastern Conference is incredibly ty and they should at least make the Finals. If Durant is healthy, look out. And imagine if Dinwhiddie was healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watch the Nets almost every game. They're real. I thought getting Harden was going to screw the chemistry to , but Durant and Irving have completely settled next to him as the playmaker. They lost a ton of great role-players like Jarrett Allen in the trade, but what they have are playing at a high level. Not hard to do with such offensive geniuses around them, plus a guy like Joe Harris is one of the top guys in the league at what he does and Jordan is playing exactly like they need him to. He's feasting on lobs and blocks a lot of shots.

And now their defense doesn't look completely ish. Nash is doing a great job. They're getting a long, which was the big question. They'll lose a good number of games and the question is open how it all clicks down the line, but the Eastern Conference is incredibly ty and they should at least make the Finals. If Durant is healthy, look out. And imagine if Dinwhiddie was healthy.
    That to me was the big key. Their defense is now middle of the pack decent. All they have to be on the defensive end is decent and get few stops here and there while on the offensive end they are a juggernaut.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone catch the OT spatter between Dejounte Murray and Popovich? Derozan had to calm Murray down a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone catch the OT spatter between Dejounte Murray and Popovich? Derozan had to calm Murray down a little.
    Murray overcommitted to the lane which left Irving wide open for a corner three, then threw the ball away on the next possession which led to a clear-path foul. That basically ended the game.

Pop let him know about it.
    Last edited by Dex; 03-02-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure Pop also busted his chops for kicking the ball into the stands the other night - Tough Love is needed for Murray who I think can handle it- This though won't work with Walker and Poodle he needs a different approach to get the most out of them then yelling at them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray overcommitted to the lane which left Irving wide open for a corner three, then threw the ball away on the next possession which led to a clear-path foul. That basically ended the game.

Pop let him know about it.
    I saw this too and wondered what was going on.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luke leading us in plus minus second game in row

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have best ast to turnover ratio in nba history

Thread Information