My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does this play with concrete blocks on?

Seriously though, he is ing awful. Holy he completely fell off a cliff. Cant guard anything on the perimeter, can't rotate to contest, can't rebound on either end, cant even protect the rim. It honestly doesnt even matter what he can do on offense (which at this point isnt much), it's all wiped out by what a liability he is defensively. He's officially the big version of Brent Forms, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do him a solid for being a good soldier throughout the years, especially when Nephew screwed us over, and just give him away to POR. I dont even care if we dont get anything in return. It's not like he's worth anything at this point anyways. Open up even more minutes for the young guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure POR - or anyone else - wants him. But honestly, I have no problem with him being the backup 5 for the rest of the year then letting him go. Would have been nice to get a pick or two out of him but its w/e. I STG if they even entertain resigning him tho....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's old. We're watching the end of an impressive career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly believe he’s fat from all the injuries he had. He just need to lose weight during the off-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His career has reached the "Hakeem in Toronto" phase.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he embraced the first off the bench role, and did a Duncan like workout on his body to extend his career, he’d most definitely be worth bringing back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's old. We're watching the end of an impressive career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he embraced the first off the bench role, and did a Duncan like workout on his body to extend his career, he’d most definitely be worth bringing back.
    I remember reading a story a few years ago where he was working out with Tim, and he asked Tim how Tim is still able to do it (Tim said something like "you have to if you want to keep playing at a high level when you're older"). I assume Tim was pushing him in that workout, and apparently Lamarcus walked off and said he'd had enough. If that story is true, he's got no-one to blame but himself.

Edit: I mean, if it wasn't for Tim's knee/physical issues, he'd probably still have played a few more years if he could have, as Tim was dedicated to working out to stay in great shape to be at the level he wanted to be. If LaMarcus did in fact walk off a few years ago when Tim was pushing him hard to show him what it takes to stay at a high level when you're aging, then I don't feel the least bit sorry for LA and his decline. It doesn't look like he's put in the work, and it doesn't look like he wants to put in the work to be in good enough shape to extend his career and still play at a decent level. I hope the Spurs give him a buyout and then he starts working hard for whatever team he goes to.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-02-2021 at 02:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough match up for him today. Nets are one of the top offensive teams in the league and feast on the slow footed.
    Aldridge still has value but feel it’s very much opposition dependant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Aldridge Spurs ride has been a rollercoaster.

The ma touches and dismal effort after the Zaza incident really left a sour taste in my mouth

Seemed to get a bit better from there...but this dude is earning over 20 million ing dollars for what?

I'm done with him...throw him off the roster, even if we get nothing in return.

These dumb s will probably give him a loyalty contract though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There should be a ballot where X number of Spurs fans get sent a few thousand dollars from LMA salary

We deserve it more than he ing does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got curious and looked it up, Lebron is 6 months older than LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is easily one of my disliked Spurs stars of all time. With that being said, if he embraced a 20-25 min a night backup role and could shed 20lbs he could be a pretty serviceable backup bug for another few years based solely on his jumper. Anything else he gives you is gravy. I won’t be sad to see him ring chase this year if he has the opportunity however.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between a knee, hip, wrist, he’s dealing with a lot out there. Prob more than we know on top of it. Ever since he’s been here he’s had heating pads on his knees and shoulders. He’s an older guy that would benefit from the Duncan late career body type and first big off the bench. If he accepted both, along with playing center next to Luka Keldon etc, would be amazing. That said I don’t begrudge him if he feels he’s not ready for that yet and just needs health/more conditioning . He showed vs New Orleans when he’s feeling well he can still reach back and be 2015 Aldridge. Time is a and affects players differently. Duncan we were lucky he fought it off so long, others can’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got curious and looked it up, Lebron is 6 months older than LMA.
    Lebron is ripped, LMA is carrying 30? pounds excess.

Thread Information