Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can post to me when you have 10 years under your belt
    One of the absolute worst posters, TDMVPDPOY, has been here forever, and doesn’t know . Longevity doesn’t bring wisdom. It just means you keep logging in.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the absolute worst posters, TDMVPDPOY, has been here forever, and doesn’t know . Longevity doesn’t bring wisdom. It just means you keep logging in.
    sage advice oh Black Named one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care if Pop speaks his mind or not. Same with Lebron or whoever. But if I were one of the young guys in the NBA, I would care. The NBA numbers are taking a beating and it is quickly dropping in popularity. That's one of the reasons Silver deemphasized BLM this season after going all-in last season. Guys like LeBron or Pop or Kyrie, who have made millions in the NBA don't need to care if the league folds tomorrow. They are set for the rest of their lives. But the young guys want a league that is getting stronger, not weaker, so it will be interesting if the NBA will keep encouraging speaking out politically, whatever side of the political spectrum that may fall, since it alienates a sector of the population. It's not that people don't have a right to speak, but sports, from ESPN to the NBA have taken a beating once political messages overshadowed the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These posts are ironic coming from a group who spent the last four years calling democrats a bunch of snowflakes.

"This piece of cloth is infringing upon my rights"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can't handle a thin piece of cloth over your mouth and nose that means you're weaker than a furry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really care if Pop speaks his mind or not. Same with Lebron or whoever. But if I were one of the young guys in the NBA, I would care. The NBA numbers are taking a beating and it is quickly dropping in popularity. That's one of the reasons Silver deemphasized BLM this season after going all-in last season. Guys like LeBron or Pop or Kyrie, who have made millions in the NBA don't need to care if the league folds tomorrow. They are set for the rest of their lives. But the young guys want a league that is getting stronger, not weaker, so it will be interesting if the NBA will keep encouraging speaking out politically, whatever side of the political spectrum that may fall, since it alienates a sector of the population. It's not that people don't have a right to speak, but sports, from ESPN to the NBA have taken a beating once political messages overshadowed the game.
    You ever heard of Bill Russell?

Muhammad Ali?

Jackie Robinson?

John Carlos and Tommie Smith?

Billie Jean King?

These are all athletes who used their platform to make political statements and the world is better for it.

I'd rather live in a world with more of those examples even if it means NBA ratings drops by a few percent and a bunch of billionaires make a little less money. The NBA will find a way to survive because they are going to keep milking their cash cows regardless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he hates Texas gov so much move the off and get off the spurs teams
    Enough politics move on
    Go on cnn newsmax foxnews oann
    People watch sports to get rid of their cares!
    I can't blame him for hating Texas. I would hate living in a state that is on the same level as a third world country.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ever heard of Bill Russell?

Muhammad Ali?

Jackie Robinson?

John Carlos and Tommie Smith?

Billie Jean King?

These are all athletes who used their platform to make political statements and the world is better for it.

I'd rather live in a world with more of those examples even if it means NBA ratings drops by a few percent and a bunch of billionaires make a little less money. The NBA will find a way to survive because they are going to keep milking their cash cows regardless.
    You are forgetting that we live in an age where there is more compe ion for entertainment. Note all your examples extend back to the distant past. The world is a different place today. Again, I don't have a problem with anyone exercising their right to free speech and certainly anyone with a widespread influence can impact public opinion in a format besides a sports game. But in today's world, people can play video games, watch movies, go outside for a walk, whatever. They are turning off basketball at a rate that is serious enough that Silver is cutting back on the NBA making political or social statements. And you miss my point when you think the only one harmed in the ratings drop (which is not just a few percent points), because the billionaires will be rich for the rest of their lives. They can't even spend a billion dollars in their lifetime. The ones that get hurt are the young players and the middle of the road talent in the NBA because ratings impact revenue and revenue impacts salary cap and salary cap impacts how much money they get paid. If you are Lebron, no problem. But if you are in the middle or lower class of the NBA or a rookie, you are the one that will feel the pinch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the only real comment that needed to posted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba ratings drop has nothing to do with BLM or whatever. What about record low viewership for the Stanley cup in the least woke sports league in America? Lot of snowflake Republicans like to jerk off to lower ratings because of theoretical boycotts (lol whining about cancel culture) when in reality viewership is down across all sports.

Really are two easy explanations. One, people are moving away from cable TV in general. And two, the pandemic has put a financial strain on a lot of people and I'd imagine a lot of people cut cable in the last year to save money

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden president, not Trump

I'm sorry this is happening to you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mask do not work for covid
    Fact
    Work for other diseases
    I wear them only when necessary
    It is my right or should be
    If moms can kill babies why can males go around without mask
    some say wear mask even after their covid shot
    How stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't blame him for hating Texas. I would hate living in a state that is on the same level as a third world country.
    Build the wall would help make Texas not be 3 world country

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexican officials are concerned the shift in border policies under President Joe Biden is fueling illegal immigration into the United States and creating opportunities for organized crime, Reuters reported, citing internal Mexican government assessments.

The do ents seen by Reuters are based on testimony and Mexican intelligence and note gangs are modifying and expanding their methods of smuggling and gaining customers as the U.S. actions “incentivize migration.”

“They see him as the migrant president, and so many feel they’re going to reach the United States,” Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said a day after a virtual meeting with Biden on March 1. “We need to work together to regulate the flow, because this business can’t be tackled from one day to the next.”

Among the policies most concerning to Mexican officials were the increased support for victims of gangs and violence, the reduction of the legalization process, and suspension of Trump-era accords that deported people to Central America.

One assessment also blamed recent Mexican policies such as offering COVID-19 vaccines as well as offering more services to illegal children migrants for encouraging the migration.

One Mexican official, who spoke to Reuters on the condition of anonymity, said organized crime amended their operations “from the day Biden took office” and now were displaying “unprecedented” sophistication.

Among the change in tactics were briefing migrants on the latest U.S. immigration policies and rules, using technological means to evade law enforcement and camouflaging their smuggling operations as travel agencies, Reuters said the do ents reported.

Additionally, migrants often travel in small groups instead of large caravans and increasingly use less traversed routes, the Mexican official said. Smugglers use Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and YouTube to update the migrants on checkpoints, when freight trains are scheduled to pass so they can jump on, where to stay and how to adjust to immigration laws.

“Migrants have become a commodity,” the official told Reuters, suggesting they were on the same level of value as narcotics. “But if a packet of drugs is lost in the sea, it’s gone. If migrants are lost, it’s human beings we’re talking about.”

Detentions at the U.S.-Mexico border in February were the highest in 15 years for the month and reached levels not seen in any month since 2019.

Officials in Mexico’s security and foreign ministries did not reply to requests for reaction from Reuters, nor did the White House and the Department of Homeland Security.

Cesar Peniche, the lead prosecutor in the state of Chihuahua – a province with the longest stretch of U.S. border, said the higher numbers of migrants have resulted in gangs enticing them as drug couriers and kidnapping others.

He stressed both the United States and Mexico must adopt policies that are clear and do not encourage illegal immigration.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Mask do not work for covid
    Fact
    Work for other diseases
    I wear them only when necessary
    It is my right or should be
    If moms can kill babies why can males go around without mask
    some say wear mask even after their covid shot
    How stupid
    shut the up re

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of pussy boy republican crying is pure catharsis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's lineups were utter tonight. Absolutely abominable to not play Luka against this lineup. Time for Pop to mosey on along now. Give me Udoka or Hardy.

Thread Information