Post Count
    Congrats Big Body. Well-deserved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sure made his presence felt last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Body!!!! Wish they were playing this game, honestly my fav part of allstar weekend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Well deserved KJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats Big Body! I'm sure Luka and Vassell would've been selected also if they had played more. Well maybe Vassell next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing stud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy went from being stuck on the bench (until the Disney Bubble) to a Rising Star in ~7 months.

Well deserved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Spurs twitter /youtube:

Last edited by ace3g; 03-03-2021 at 07:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Star in the making

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    congratulations ... well deserved!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about this is that he really looks like a rising star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about this is that he really looks like a rising star
    Keldon Johnson... rising star.
    Dejounte Murray... rising star.
    Jakob Poeltl... rising star.
    Luka Samanic... rising star.

, boy!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

, boy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Careful, if you don't mention Lonnie then some posters will think you're a hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very well deserved.

he has quickly become my favorite player on this team outside of Patty. Dude plays hard all the time and has a great at ude from the outside looking in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

, boy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vassell is a rising star who needs more minutes. He should be getting 20 minutes a game. All around scorer, best shooter on the Spurs and one of the best defenders. Or maybe I should’ve posted this on how to take the car keys from Pop thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Vassell he is good on defense but he needs work on The offensive side

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Vassell he is good on defense but he needs work on The offensive side
    He has a 3 ball, which is all Kawhi had as a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a 3 ball, which is all Kawhi had as a rookie.
    People here will tell you Kawhi had everything as a rookie and was miles better as a prospect than everyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here will tell you Kawhi had everything as a rookie and was miles better as a prospect than everyone else.
    His progression rate though was pretty stellar. You could see marked improvement literally every year for his first 5 seasons which is insane to think about. That's the question now with Keldon. he's already better than most here projected, but can he continue to improve and add things to his game. I'm not expecting him to be Kawhi but I think he can add so much more savyness to his game that once (if) he does he will be scary to play against.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His progression rate though was pretty stellar. You could see marked improvement literally every year for his first 5 seasons which is insane to think about. That's the question now with Keldon. he's already better than most here projected, but can he continue to improve and add things to his game. I'm not expecting him to be Kawhi but I think he can add so much more savyness to his game that once (if) he does he will be scary to play against.
    Wasn't arguing that. Just bewildered by the fact people are playing revisionist history with Kawhi's first three years as if it was known he'd reach his current ceiling. There was maybe a 5% of fans who actually believed that. An overwhelming majority of Spurs fans didn't see it coming. There were a lot of doubts about his ability to reach this level. This is coming from someone who followed Kawhi very closely.

And people are using THAT to downplay the group of young guys we have. I'm like, " , you didn't even think Kawhi would be this good. Don't play it off like you did. Why the should we believe you and your assessment of talent?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

, boy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And two of those rising stars were acquired for a player the Spurs only had the one-year rights to.

(That player, by the way, now wants to rejoin Pop this summer on the Olympic team.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't arguing that. Just bewildered by the fact people are playing revisionist history with Kawhi's first three years as if it was known he'd reach his current ceiling. There was maybe a 5% of fans who actually believed that. An overwhelming majority of Spurs fans didn't see it coming. There were a lot of doubts about his ability to reach this level. This is coming from someone who followed Kawhi very closely.

And people are using THAT to downplay the group of young guys we have. I'm like, " , you didn't even think Kawhi would be this good. Don't play it off like you did. Why the should we believe you and your assessment of talent?"
    Fans who say they knew didn’t know. , PATFO didn’t even know. They thought he be like some kind of enhanced super Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans who say they knew didn’t know. , PATFO didn’t even know. They thought he be like some kind of enhanced super Bowen.
    Here's a ing classic quote that was so easy to find, because again, Kawhi was not this great young prospect with a high ceiling that people claim he was:

"i'm not as high on leonard as some spur fans. i think he'll be an above average defender with the potential to be a pretty decent lock down defender. i still don't see him becoming an all star caliber offensive player though. hard to really find a NBA comparison for him though because he's not an explosive athlete like marion or iguodola, more talented than most average SFs, but not offensively talented enough to be a scoring SF like sjax. maybe he can be a more consistent john salmons."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little bit of variation to the current conversation but I am hoping we can get back to some normal and these young guys have a summer to work on their game, summer league and an actual training camp. Keldon is focused on playing now and it would be nice if he was able to spend some off time to focus on where he needs to improve. Devin never got what the other young guys did and would really benefit from summer and training camp.

Thread Information