Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need Lonnie to be good on offense just Bryn Forbes level good is a huge win, but offensively he is so bad as well not about passiveness anymore he stopped making shots.
    You know there is a saying.. its often overused, yet it definitely applies here. A fuking classic tbh

You just went full re with the Bryn comparison. Your previous post about neck and wingspan was bearable . Never go full re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know there is a saying.. its often overused, yet it definitely applies here. A fuking classic tbh

You just went full re with the Bryn comparison. Your previous post about neck and wingspan was bearable . Never go full re

We have a resident Lonnie Walker #1 fan in the house over here.

Never attach yourself so much to a single player. They could be here one day, gone the next.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have a resident Lonnie Walker #1 fan in the house over here.

Never attach yourself so much to a single player. They could be here one day, gone the next.
    Huh ya nice one lol.. been here since David Robinson , got to experience Vinnie Delnegro as a starter and Dwhite my current favourite spur.

To compare to Bryn Forbes was as dumb as it gets. I know you are often first to critique Lonnie.. try to remember this is his first full season where he getting consistently mins and role. He still growing as a player.
    Last edited by Slippy; 03-05-2021 at 03:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh ya nice one lol.. been here since David Robinson , got to experience Vinnie Delnegro as a starter and Dwhite my current favourite spur.

To compare to Bryn Forbes was as dumb as it gets. I know you are often first to critique Lonnie.. try to remember this is his first full season where he getting consistently mins and role. He still growing as a player.
    It wasn't an insult.

Just curious where you'll draw the line. At some point Lonnie will run out of excuses for poor play. I'm not rooting against the guy. I'm often first to critique any player. If poor play is happening, there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. It doesn't mean you're a "hater". I hope Lonnie will become good, too. But I don't know if there are many good players who started off with so low basketball IQ which Lonnie has displayed thus far.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't an insult.

Just curious where you'll draw the line. At some point Lonnie will run out of excuses for poor play. I'm not rooting against the guy. I'm often first to critique any player. If poor play is happening, there's nothing wrong with pointing it out. It doesn't mean you're a "hater". I hope Lonnie will become good, too. But I don't know if there are many good players who started off with so low basketball IQ which Lonnie has displayed thus far.
    Didnt excuse his play. Every player including Lonnie that has started in place of Bryn Forbes since he left has been a clear upgrade.

So for this game. The biggest reasons spurs lost certainly wasnt Lonnie.. in fact aside from 2 TOs thought he had a positive impact especially from the three. Looking at you and the other guys posts, one would think he was the reason the offence stalled. What i saw was a tough collapsing team defense forcing spurs main ball handlers to struggle . DJ set the tone.

On defense ,DJ couldn't get a handle On Shai, Demar looked lost including his compsoure. Keldon was a step behind on every man he guarded. Jacob being in foul trouble hurt the team overall. Again Lonnie wasnt the main reason.

Just maybe your love for certain players is clouding your judgment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt excuse his play. Every player including Lonnie that has started in place of Bryn Forbes since he left has been a clear upgrade.

So for this game. The biggest reasons spurs lost certainly wasnt Lonnie.. in fact aside from 2 TOs thought he had a positive impact especially from the three. Looking at you and the other guys posts, one would think he was the reason the offence stalled. What i saw was a tough collapsing team defense forcing spurs main ball handlers to struggle . DJ set the tone.

On defense ,DJ couldn't get a handle On Shai, Demar looked lost including his compsoure. Keldon was a step behind on every man he guarded. Jacob being in foul trouble hurt the team overall. Again Lonnie wasnt the main reason.

Just maybe your love for certain players is clouding your judgment?
    I constantly critique all of those guys you mentioned. This isn't a back and forth thing where it's your guy against mine. You say you've never excused his play yet I've never seen you say a negative thing about him. You can find numerous posts of mine critiquing each player, you're just a bit sensitive about Lonnie that you only notice my posts about him. Again, it's fine if you're a little up on Lonnie but where will you draw the line? You never answered the question.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I constantly critique all of those guys you mentioned. This isn't a back and forth thing where it's your guy against mine. You say you've never excused his play yet I've never seen you say a negative thing about him. You can find numerous posts of mine critiquing each player, you're just a bit sensitive about Lonnie that you only notice my posts about him. Again, it's fine if you're a little up on Lonnie but where will you draw the line? You never answered the question.
    Ya i have been negative of Lonnie. Pls check post history.

Open to him being traded if spurs can get someone better. Think he has alot of room to grow and develop so not ready to give up on him but there's a logjam at his posi. Something gotta give for him to develop. Like playing Patty over him .If pop doesnt see the point,then hopefully it happens sooner for the sake of both parties.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

* Average standing reach for 6'4 w/o shoes is 8'5, Lonnie is at 8'3.5 even with a 2 inch wingspan advantage.
    * Lonnie is a negative impact offensive player right now because of efficiency and feel, just comparing him to an average offensive one.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't an insult.

Btw sensitive to Bryn Forbes. No joke i get triggered whrn he gets mentioned.. i feel pop put the spurs back 1 year in their youth development . Just check my history, Bryn was favoured by pop at the expense of the team.

For this game Lonnie shot 3 from 4 from outside and hardly played the second half so not sure why he was the focus of negativity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sums up the game...

This is an awful look. If got yourself into that position, just foul the ing guy and keep your dignity,tbh. I didn't watch the game but this looks like it ended on an "and-1" or a foul anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is an awful look. If got yourself into that position, just foul the ing guy and keep your dignity,tbh. I didn't watch the game but this looks like it ended on an "and-1" or a foul anyways.
    No foul called and Poeltl was already in foul trouble so he backed out of this one

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This sums up the game...

in jakob’s defense, he only reacted like that because someone was pointing a gun at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting (to me at least) I was digging around to see when Roby above was drafted as I recalled being interested in him. He was drafted in second round in 2019 the year we took Luka and Keldon. Later, the Spurs drafted Spoon.

Anyway, the year before when we drafted Lonnie, our second round pick was Metu, the pick right before Metu...... Bates-Diop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting (to me at least) I was digging around to see when Roby above was drafted as I recalled being interested in him. He was drafted in second round in 2019 the year we took Luka and Keldon. Later, the Spurs drafted Spoon.

Anyway, the year before when we drafted Lonnie, our second round pick was Metu, the pick right before Metu...... Bates-Diop.
    Yep, I was high on him and wanted him with our 29th or our second round pick:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=279471&page=3

Obviously glad we didn't take him with our 29th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade Lonnie for Roby?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is probably the one member of the new young core who hasn't lived up to expectations at this point. He's probably the one young player I'd be willing to include in a Spurs attempt to upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Roby's upside is very high, but then again Lonnie's such a mystery box that could either turn out to be nothing. It would be as if we were trading Lonnie for a role player with OK production. Some would be fine with that, some not.

Thread Information