Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Should've asked to overturn the civil rights act too, let States handle slavery also...

What's much easier and unavoidable in the end, is that they stop being stuck in the 1930's and join the rest of the world in the 21st century, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She kinda looks like Celine Dion, doesn't she?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    She kinda looks like Celine Dion, doesn't she?
    Though her chin looks like Reese Witherspoon's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [tweet from american taliban says abortion is bad]
    Wow. totally convincing.

forced pregnancy Qhris wants government mandated course of health care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheldon Whitehouse:

Don't believe Justice Alito --

it's clear this Supreme Court was built by (FASCIST) dark money

The problem for Justice Alito's sense of grievance is that the evidence supports our concerns. Alito has participated in a pattern of decisions —

like the court's recent "shadow docket" ruling suspending abortion rights in our second-biggest state —

that deliver wins for big Republican donors.

Americans' perception that the court lacks independence,

and the court's related drop in approval,

doesn't flow from some left-wing conspiracy.

It's a recognition that

the evidence shows a pattern whenever certain interests come before the court.

During Chief Justice John Roberts' tenure, the Court has issued

more than 80 partisan decisions, by either a 5-4 or 6-3 vote,

involving big interests important to Republican Party major donors.

Republican-appointed justices have handed wins to the donor interests in every single case.

The decisions

greenlit rampant voter suppression and

bulk gerrymandering ;

closed courthouse doors to workers wronged by their employers;

unleashed floods of dark money to corrupt our politics and foul our democracy

and more.

Eighty to zero

is a pattern so strong that it could serve as compelling evidence in a trial alleging bias and discrimination.

https://www.rawstory.com/sheldon-whitehouse-justice-alito-complains-but-it-s-clear-this-supreme-court-was-built-by-dark-money

gutted Voting Rights Act, SCOTUS as tool for Euro-White Male Supremacy (racism)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sheldon Whitehouse:

Don't believe Justice Alito --

it's clear this Supreme Court was built by (FASCIST) dark money

The problem for Justice Alito's sense of grievance is that the evidence supports our concerns. Alito has participated in a pattern of decisions —

like the court's recent "shadow docket" ruling suspending abortion rights in our second-biggest state —

that deliver wins for big Republican donors.

Americans' perception that the court lacks independence,

and the court's related drop in approval,

doesn't flow from some left-wing conspiracy.

It's a recognition that

the evidence shows a pattern whenever certain interests come before the court.

During Chief Justice John Roberts' tenure, the Court has issued

more than 80 partisan decisions, by either a 5-4 or 6-3 vote,

involving big interests important to Republican Party major donors.

Republican-appointed justices have handed wins to the donor interests in every single case.

The decisions

greenlit rampant voter suppression and

bulk gerrymandering ;

closed courthouse doors to workers wronged by their employers;

unleashed floods of dark money to corrupt our politics and foul our democracy

and more.

Eighty to zero

is a pattern so strong that it could serve as compelling evidence in a trial alleging bias and discrimination.

https://www.rawstory.com/sheldon-whitehouse-justice-alito-complains-but-it-s-clear-this-supreme-court-was-built-by-dark-money

gutted Voting Rights Act, SCOTUS as tool for Euro-White Male Supremacy (racism)
    Boiled down:::

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

Therefore President Trump lodged 3-THREE-3 ringers on that bench, son.

All your side had to do was keep RBG on life support till 1.20.21. But, you was too prideful and ed up.

Solly Cholly!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The report is out, Sen Whitehouse sounds off:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for Joe Biden packing the court

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Nightmare scenario':

Substantial majority of Americans don't trust Supreme Court, want reforms

As the Supreme Court's conservative justices expel noxious fumes about their impartiality and adherence to judicial philosophy,

Americans continue
    to call bullpucky in poll after poll.

62% of Americans view politics—not the law—as the main driver of Supreme Court decisions.

across the political spectrum agree,

with 60% of Republicans,

66% of Democrats, and

63% of independents

all saying the political views of the justices drive the decision-making of the nation’s highest court.

“The court faces a public convinced that its decisions are about politics rather than the Cons ution,

just as it prepares to make important decisions on abortion, guns, and affirmative action.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/20/2059227/-The-current-Supreme-Court-has-been-irrevocably-politicized-and-Americans-want-reforms

Too late. The Capitalist oligarchy has captured SCOTUS as it has captured govt. NO remedy possible

America is ed and un able.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. totally convincing.

forced pregnancy Qhris wants government mandated course of health care.
    You mean like vaccinations?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for Joe Biden packing the court
    he doesn't have 51 in the Senate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Supreme Court’s Conservative Revolution Is Already Happening

The conservative justices’ fight over how fast — and far — to move the court to the right.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-trump-court/

The Capitalist/Christian SCOTUS will ed for decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the conservative/oligarchy attack on the Cons ution's "non-delegation clause"

"The non-delegation doctrine is a principle in administrative law that

Congress cannot delegate its legislative powers to other en ies.

This prohibition typically involves Congress delegating its powers to administrative agencies or to private organizations." (eg the Exec branch agencies)

https://www.thenation.com/article/en...on-sentencing/

This part of the oligarchy's strategy to weaken if not destroy govt's "administrative state",

so the govt would not be able to stop the oligarchy from raping, killing, pillaging, polluting, impoverishing

The FASCIST Capitalist oligarchy would wield supreme power beyond challenge.

America is ed and un able

It's stupid clause, another FF up.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-29-2021 at 07:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not going to overturn Roe v Wade, and they will allow the idiotic Texas abortion ban to be sued and eventually overturned.

Roe v Wade is the gift that keeps on giving for the GOP. It will allow them to keep taking money and votes from single-issue Evangelicals and rural whites. No way they turn off that tap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not going to overturn Roe v Wade, and they will allow the idiotic Texas abortion ban to be sued and eventually overturned.

Roe v Wade is the gift that keeps on giving for the GOP. It will allow them to keep taking money and votes from single-issue Evangelicals and rural whites. No way they turn off that tap.
    Huh, similar to the reason Dems won't pass a law legalizing abortion, it would kill the suspense.

Sticking it to the libs is becoming a blood sport. GOP keeps raising the bet. They tried to steal a presidential election, they rendered abortion unavailable in Texas, and now they're censoring school curriculums (all over the place) and muzzing professors (FL). I don't share your sense of security about this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems don't pass a law legalizing abortion for the same reason that can't pass anything. The Cons ution

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Huh, similar to the reason Dems won't pass a law legalizing abortion, it would kill the suspense.

Sticking it to the libs is becoming a blood sport. GOP keeps raising the bet. They tried to steal a presidential election, they rendered abortion unavailable in Texas, and now they're censoring school curriculums (all over the place) and muzzing professors (FL). I don't share your sense of security about this.
    And succeeded...

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Warlord

True...but we'll have put you thru the aforementioned in' wringer, by God, and the latter spigot you aforementioned will have the aforementioned nary governor.

Nary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Roberts warns against Texas nullification:

‘Our cons utional system is at stake’

Chief Justice John Roberts cited two cases from early cons utional law with a dire warning as the U.S. Supreme Court on Friday delivered a ruling on the near-total ban on abortion passed by Republicans in Texas.

"The clear purpose and actual effect of S. B. 8 has been to nullify this Court’s rulings," Roberts wrote

"It is, however, a basic principle that the Cons ution is the 'fundamental and paramount law of the nation,' and '[i]t is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is,'" Roberts said,

"Indeed, '[i]f the legislatures of the several states may, at will, annul the judgments of the courts of the United States,

and destroy the rights acquired under those judgments,

the cons ution itself becomes a solemn mockery,'" he continued,

citing
    United States v. Peterson from 1809 that determined state legislatures can't overrule federal courts.

https://www.rawstory.com/john-roberts-abortion

John Roberts trying burnish his legacy, after his many rulings that made a mockery of the court

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sotomayor unloads on the Supreme Court for betraying the Cons ution in scathing response to Texas ‘madness’

"The Court should have put an end to this madness months ago, before S. B. 8 first went into effect.

It failed to do so then, and it fails again today," wrote Sotomayor.

"I concur in the Court’s judgment that the pe ioners’ suit may proceed against certain executive licensing officials who retain enforcement authority under Texas law, and

I trust the District Court will act expeditiously to enter much-needed relief.

I dissent, however, from the Court’s dangerous departure from its

precedents, which establish that federal courts can and should issue relief when a State enacts a law that

chills the exercise of a cons utional right and aims to evade judicial review."

"By foreclosing suit against state-court officials and the state attorney general,

the Court effectively invites other States to refine S. B. 8’s model for nullifying federal rights," Sotomayor continued.

"The Court thus betrays not only the citizens of Texas, but also our cons utional system of government."

https://www.rawstory.com/sotomayor-texas-opinion

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    John Roberts warns against Texas nullification:

‘Our cons utional system is at stake’

Chief Justice John Roberts cited two cases from early cons utional law with a dire warning as the U.S. Supreme Court on Friday delivered a ruling on the near-total ban on abortion passed by Republicans in Texas.

"The clear purpose and actual effect of S. B. 8 has been to nullify this Court’s rulings," Roberts wrote

"It is, however, a basic principle that the Cons ution is the 'fundamental and paramount law of the nation,' and '[i]t is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is,'" Roberts said,

"Indeed, '[i]f the legislatures of the several states may, at will, annul the judgments of the courts of the United States,

and destroy the rights acquired under those judgments,

the cons ution itself becomes a solemn mockery,'" he continued,

citing
    United States v. Peterson from 1809 that determined state legislatures can't overrule federal courts.

https://www.rawstory.com/john-roberts-abortion

John Roberts trying burnish his legacy, after his many rulings that made a mockery of the court
    That sucker doesn't like being on a back burner. He had it all, sittin' up there portending to be swing, when he was never anything but left, hard left. He ain't now. Nope.

Though I'm still regretful that President Trump didn't have Justice Thomas in there for a Dutch uncle and talk him into retiring so we could get another ringer in there, a youngster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he doesn't have 51 in the Senate.
    Because of Manchin (on packing the court).

Thread Information