Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hence why it's supremely disappointing the Democrats couldn't get to 52 senators so they could have admitted DC and Puerto Rico as states in time for 2022.
    Sometimes you eat the bear...stealing the election from President Trump.

And sometimes, bumster, that old bear just gets up all over ya...Trump leaving Hillary where he found her, side-of-the-road.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hence why it's supremely disappointing the Democrats couldn't get to 52 senators so they could have admitted DC and Puerto Rico as states in time for 2022.
    They needed GOATbrams to get to 50. We've only seen one nontrump ballot over the last 6 years and it was a gop bloodbath. So in a perfect world he is still at whipping his voters when he aint there. It's not like the gop wont be nominating even more moonbats to turn off enough people

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Biden administration releases billions in relief for Puerto Rico, removes ‘onerous’ restrictions

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...250784004.html

As a New York wealthy racist, Trash hates PRs
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-14-2021 at 03:13 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Biden will not help PR's disaster recovery, same position as Trash

Why can't Biden use "foreign aid" funds to help PR if he can't use FEMA?
    Because it'd be throwing good money after bad. It's a hole, always will be a hole, as Trump stated. It's their way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brnovich drops, haven't read yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SCOTUS 6-3 rules voter suppression is now Cons utional, the law of the land.

America is ed and un able. All out Capitalist fascism is inevitable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden doesn't have the balls to add 5 or 6 justices to SCOTUS

The Repugs up America and Dems say, if anything, "OK"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And frankly, bouts, I am shocked. Usually our side Presidents do us dirt when selecting SC Justices. That Bush2 put Roberts in there, knowing that he was a sheep in wolf's clothing. Your side NEVER makes a mistake. Your Justices are left, stay left, shift even more left.

I'm still watching with a jaundiced eye on President Trump's trio. God willing they remain fast in the ranks.

My only regret is that the old man didn't have a sit with C. Thomas and replace him early in '20. We'd be comfortably set now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    compromised SCOTUS is blatantly part of Capitalism's, Repug, right wing hate media conspiracy to destroy even Potemkin democracy to be replaced with one-party and Christian nationalist fascism.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    compromised SCOTUS is blatantly part of Capitalism's, Repug, right wing hate media conspiracy to destroy even Potemkin democracy to be replaced with one-party and Christian nationalist fascism.

You ain't had a beef till President Trump made President and pushed those 3 stalwarts SO FAR. Give 'em a year and they'll show their true colors like that mother er John Roberts. That mother er.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Analysis Reveals the Profound Damage Wrought by GOP-Packed Supreme Court

"This Supreme Court is dominated by Trump-appointed justices, with

predictably disastrous results for voting rights as well as workers, consumers, and immigrants this term."

"This Supreme Court term wrapped up with a one-two punch to voting rights and our democracy."

They have continued to abet Republican efforts to make it

harder for popular majorities to vote them out of office through free and fair elections;

let racial injustice fester in the criminal justice system;

continued to give special rights to religious organizations far beyond what the Cons ution contemplates;

made life harder for undo ented immigrants trying to exercise their legal rights;

advanced their agenda to weaken Congress and

undo the New Deal;

and reinterpreted the Cons ution

to give corporations a new weapon to neutralize ordinary health and safety regulations.

"the far-right justices made it

easier for states to keep people in prison even when the procedures used to convict them are later deemed uncons utional."

6-3 right-wing majority also

"abandoned two recent precedents that protected minors from uncons utionally excessive prison sentences"

Justices Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, and Barrett cast key votes to

further weaken Congress’ authority to insulate agency officials from political pressure and

to strike down a law on the Federal Housing Finance Agency.

The trio of Trump justices also "cast deciding votes

to invalidate part of a congressional law that provides for the appointment of independent patent judges in cases concerning the reconsideration of patents."

"made it much harder for victims of corporate malfeasance to use class action lawsuits to hold companies accountable when they violate the rights of vast numbers of people."

expanded the meaning of the Takings Clause in a way that limits organized labor in this particular case,

and that threatens any number of government protections that affect monied interests."

"the court's rightward tilt is very pronounced and raises serious concerns about risks to our rights."

it is a near-certainty that the court's conservative majority

will continue to rule in favor of the
    far-right interests of those that orchestrated the theft of these seats."
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/07/02/analysis-reveals-profound-damage-wrought-gop-packed-supreme-court

Capitalist/Repug fascism is inevitable

America is ed and un able

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Repugs up America and Dems say, if anything, "OK"
    he should add 6 justices and make sure that this is not a life appointment

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    GD rights he doesn't. Same as he doesn't have the balls to nuke us or set fighter jets at us as he threatened he would.

Mother er Biden is good for sniffing the little ones and harvesting wet votes, the mother er.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    he should add 6 justices and make sure that this is not a life appointment
    This sucker is from ing France where they let the Nazi's boogie right on it...no invite, no parlay. The French are like the Orphans..."Give us, Mercy."

See what I did there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sucker is from ing France where they let the Nazi's boogie right on it...no invite, no parlay. The French are like the Orphans..."Give us, Mercy."

See what I did there?
    Merci!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new Supreme Court case could blow up decades of US diplomacy

The Court must decide whether rogue judges have the power to dismantle US foreign policy.

Texas v. Biden, a case with profound implications for American foreign policy, reached the Supreme Court with lightning speed.

On August 13, a judge in Texas appointed by then-President Donald Trump effectively ordered the Biden administration to permanently reinstate Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy.

Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk’s opinion in Texas was wrong for many reasons,

including that he completely misread federal immigration law.

Kacsmaryk wrote that a 1996 federal law only gives “the government two options vis-à-vis aliens seeking asylum:

(1) mandatory detention; or

(2) return to a contiguous territory.”

Federal immigration law actually gives immigration officials several options,

including granting “parole into the United States” to individual immigrants or releasing the immigrant on “bond of at least $1,500.”

On Thursday, a panel of three right-wing appellate judges, two of whom were appointed by Trump, refused the Justice Department’s request to stay Kacsmaryk’s order and prevent it from taking effect.

https://www.vox.com/2021/8/24/226377...n-mexico-trump

corrupt Repugs judges will America un ably

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judicial power grab:

A Wisconsin judge defies the law by doubling as a 'probation officer'

Wisconsin Circuit Judge Vincent Biskupic acts as both judge and probation officer because he "wants to see people grow and change."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/judge-probation-officer/

another piece of right-wing activist Repug judge, appointed by Scott Walker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judges, esp hyper-activist Repug political hacks, can now make foreign policy

Supreme Court Allows Revival of Trump-Era ‘Remain in Mexico’ Asylum Policy

The co urt’s unsigned order refused to stay a ruling from a federal judge in Texas forbidding the Biden administration from ending the policy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The co urt’s unsigned order refused to stay a ruling from a federal judge in Texas forbidding the Biden administration from ending the policy

You guys was always doing that , then running back here skinnin" & a grinnin'. You dished it. Now you're takin' it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just read about this. Unforced error by the Biden admin, should've done this by the book to avoid this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read about this. Unforced error by the Biden admin, should've done this by the book to avoid this.
    what was the error?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what was the error?
    The APA requires the government to explain why the policy decision is beneficial, and not just capricious.

It's true this is likely a separation of powers issue and the court can't do jack to make the DHS enforce the policy, but when you want to make policy changes you need to put forth a bit more effort than "because the secretary thinks so", etc.

There should've been some studies conducted backing up the decision to rescind the policy, at the very least. That's proper ammo to bring to court and leave no doubt of why you're doing what you're doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shadow docket super busy

activist GOP court seems to be granting a lot of emergency review and deciding controversies before they're ripe.

Thread Information