San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever.

He's washed.

If he can bully some rebounds and hit an occassional trey good for the Nyets.

Another grossly overpaid NBA player.

Doubt it's gonna make any team pay for Softridge but at least after Griffin is signed that equal option will be gone.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    National Buddy up Association

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they never teamed up back in the days

oh wait they did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever.

He's washed.

If he can bully some rebounds and hit an occassional trey good for the Nyets.

Another grossly overpaid NBA player.

Doubt it's gonna make any team pay for Softridge but at least after Griffin is signed that equal option will be gone.
    Watch Blake turning back the clock in Brooklyn imo

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I like it for the Nets both him and Deandre were always a pain in the ass for the Spurs. I guess we will see how much game he has left in the tank considering he will be on a team with Durant, Harden, Kyrie. He has never been on such a team with so much talent before. This could be a huge signing for Brooklyn if Blake plays well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude can’t even dunk anymore. He’s useless.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Why work hard when you can just collude and stack your team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ing Sucks.. He will be riding the bench..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is sickening anymore.. Makes me question watching the game down the road if this is the new norm. Just buddy up like a coward..

So long rivalries.. Imagine Duncan in his prime going to play PF for the Lakers.. GMAB!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It is sickening anymore.. Makes me question watching the game down the road if this is the new norm. Just buddy up like a coward..

So long rivalries.. Imagine Duncan in his prime going to play PF for the Lakers.. GMAB!!!
    New norm

Yeah if only le virgin and 2 time defending MVP free agent Moses Malone didn’t team up with stacked and perennial le contender 76ers in 82-83

If only Barkley didn’t force a trade to a compe ive Suns team in 92 or to Houston in 96 with Dream and Drexler after spectacularly failing to deliver a le to Phoenix

Do we need to go on or are you afraid to remove your nostalgic biased goggles ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New norm

Yeah if only le virgin and 2 time defending MVP free agent Moses Malone didn’t team up with stacked and perennial le contender 76ers in 82-83

If only Barkley didn’t force a trade to a compe ive Suns team in 92 or to Houston in 96 with Dream and Drexler after spectacularly failing to deliver a le to Phoenix

Do we need to go on or are you afraid to remove your nostalgic biased goggles ?
    The weirdest troll on ST a 60 year old man obsessed with defending the current generation of players while discrediting past generations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weirdest troll on ST a 60 year old man obsessed with defending the current generation of players while discrediting past generations.
    Im not trolling I’m serious, if you can’t handle the truth that’s too bad, grandpa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marquee face. The NBA is at an all time low, like pre-Bird years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not trolling I’m serious, if you can’t handle the truth that’s too bad, grandpa
    It’s not entirely true. Moses was an UFA he signed w the 6ers and the rockets matched to trade him. The 6ers also had a good team but not able to get over the lakers or the Celtics most years with dr J on the downward slope of his career.

Phoenix didn’t have any mvp caliber players.

I also can’t recall either of them faking injuries and sitting out games to force trade. They only expressed their displeasure.

That said. The only reason they didn’t do it the way :today’s nba players did is because hey couldn’t or didn’t have as many venues.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Don't stop there add Manu and Tony. A team with Kobe, Manu, Tony, Tim, Horry would have easily 5-peated and if you added prime Shaq, lights out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not entirely true. Moses was an UFA he signed w the 6ers and the rockets matched to trade him. The 6ers also had a good team but not able to get over the lakers or the Celtics most years with dr J on the downward slope of his career.

Phoenix didn’t have any mvp caliber players.

I also can’t recall either of them faking injuries and sitting out games to force trade. They only expressed their displeasure.

That said. The only reason they didn’t do it the way :today’s nba players did is because hey couldn’t or didn’t have as many venues.
    Well players didn’t have the freedom or power they have today, but of they did you bet they would have done the same

The 76ers weren’t able to get over the hump before Moses, they were a legit contender but those Lakers and Celtics teams were even more talented

The Suns didn’t have a MVP caliber player but they were much better than Philly in the early 90s and a juggernaut in the West
    KJ was also one of the best guards of the early 90s

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well players didn’t have the freedom or power they have today, but of they did you bet they would have done the same
    Pure speculation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure speculation
    No. contracts structure and facts

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Second part of your sentence is nothing more than speculation to try and justify today's players lack of compe iveness tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I don't doubt it. The difference is that the players who chose not to flex their powers these days and team up will never win a le and over the course of history will not be viewed favourably whereas those who do will have their sins whitewashed by the media.

The media dare not bring up the team up narrative with Lebron, nor will they ever criticize Kawhi or Davis for the crap they pulled. Harden, Irving and Durant, same deal.

Just as they won’t bring up how Kareem forced a trade to the lakers or magic forcing the lakers to fire the coach. Or a small you said Barkley forcing a trade. They most definitely will never call out Jordan for all the he pulled. Was Jordan really that much better than drexler? I can't say for sure but I know that Pippen was a much better player than porter or kersey added together.

Bird never had to go there because he had mchale and parish.

Duncan didn’t have to go there because he had Robinson Parker and ginobili and even then he came so close for going to the magic.

Hakeem tried to pull a Davis and was raked over coals for it then but the second he won a championship the entire history got swept under the rug as if it was because of Hakeem’s hissy fit that resulted in getting Rudy t to implement the three point barrage offence.

Robinson never forced a trade and look at his legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second part of your sentence is nothing more than speculation to try and justify today's players lack of compe iveness tbh
    Elaborate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    140 Jordan was so compe ive he threatened to retire if Bulls FO didn’t improve the roster and he pulled the same threat if the NBA didn’t do something about the Pistons

Magic said he would have played 1 more year in College if the Bulls drafted him instead of LAL, he wanted to play with Kareem

Chuck forced trades twice

look at all that 80s-90s compe iveness, OMG I can’t handle it, too many compe ive tough real men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and lol at people saying they didn’t sit out to put pressure on the FO
    In 1992, Hakeem faked an injury to re-negotiate his contract and even asked to be traded if the Rockets didn’t meet his demands

Imagine if internet/socia media was around back then, he would have been crucified

double standards

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There's not much to elaborate, you're saying what they "would've" done as a fact when the truth is you have no idea tbh. But that's par for the course for today's nba lovers

Thread Information