Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the mid 00s Austin was glorious. It started downhill in the late 90s. Mid 80s on was such a cool town. Small enough with the music and party and outdoor thing.
    There is money to be made here now though. My house is turning into gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the mid 00s Austin was glorious. It started downhill in the late 90s. Mid 80s on was such a cool town. Small enough with the music and party and outdoor thing.
    There is money to be made here now though. My house is turning into gold.
    About the time Armadillo World Headquarters closed is when it started going to .

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah.

The younger folks always miss the good old days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw Charlie Daniels there.
    Stevie Ray on Sixth Street for like $7. About 25 feet from me. He is a really good guitar player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was kind of symbolic that they tore it down to build another freaking office building.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberty Lunch, Club Foot, Two Bitter in San Marcos, Cheatham Street Warehouse, Jorge's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windsurfing on Lake Travis, hooping at Enfield

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my go to day date was Hamilton Pool when you threw a dollar in the box by the walkway down to the pool. That trail down to the Pedernales is sweet. Did some scoring on that trail.

Good old days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So put Rice on that short list.

My buddy voted for Biden recently and he said his brother was radicalized at Austin.
    Lol "my buddy" anecdotes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it still absolutely sucks.
    Was there last week. Well I should say Saturday evening on I-35 sucks.
    Thats another reason SA is so nice. Except for places along 1604.

I don't even bother with 35. I go I10 and then head east from Blanco.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you mean 281. 281 runs north through Blanco. I-10 heads west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you mean 281. 281 runs north through Blanco. I-10 heads west.
    Lol. My bad. That's what I meant.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    uhhh yeah... Thats why I can tell you how wrong you are.

That school helped me become a very fortunate man. The science program, both undergraduate and graduate, gave me a route to knowing really good people in biochemistry which led me to take part in a job I really love and find an absolute joy everyday. Can you say this?
    I consider going there a huge advantage for the way I get to live.

And I dont live in Austin, I live in San Antonio. I drive there all the time. I still have ties there with the program and my friends who work there.
    Yes, Californians have driven up prices... like this does not happen in places all over the country, people move to more advantageous areas for their line of work.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your time and it made you a better & more successful man. I do not have a negative opinion of UT. My statement was that by and large it is more Left than its rivals in the region. When Texas threatened to leave the Big12 it looked West and not to the SEC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Texas threatened to leave the Big12 it looked West and not to the SEC.
    the west wanted UT way more than the other way around. Either way it was about football and money, not liberalism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberty Lunch, Club Foot, Two Bitter in San Marcos, Cheatham Street Warehouse, Jorge's.
    You sound like my Dad except it was more mid late 70s.
    And Im gonna say I have enjoyed the music he has exposed me to and the stories about CLub Foot and Raul's. The place that had a car ram it and they just left it there... right on the drag? The punkers spitting on the audience and the audience flinging round trays at the band.

Good stuff... I do wish I would have seen all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your time and it made you a better & more successful man. I do not have a negative opinion of UT. My statement was that by and large it is more Left than its rivals in the region. When Texas threatened to leave the Big12 it looked West and not to the SEC.
    That was mostly due to academic reasons and money.
    I do think UT has more in common with Pac 12 schools.
    Just my opinion. But it has a of a lot of very conservative alumni as well as liberal.
    ATM though is definitely more of a deep South Mississippi type school with much better academics, in Science anyways.
    ATM has an outstanding Ag program. They have done incredible stuff with plants. Really top notch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sound like my Dad except it was more mid late 70s.
    And Im gonna say I have enjoyed the music he has exposed me to and the stories about CLub Foot and Raul's. The place that had a car ram it and they just left it there... right on the drag? The punkers spitting on the audience and the audience flinging round trays at the band.

Good stuff... I do wish I would have seen all that.
    I have heard others describe the decade before the 80s was even better. For me it was a halcyon time. Austin is just not the same but it maybe I am older. It seems like there are too many people here now. It was such a cool vibe back in those days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the areas surrounding Austin, but I don't really like being in town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong. I don't enjoy being in downtown SA either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So get rid of the national anthem and the flyovers. we don't need politics and indoctrination along with our football.
    How about you just take your pussy pov and get to steppin' buddy? You're the problem, and those just like you, in society tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard others describe the decade before the 80s was even better. For me it was a halcyon time. Austin is just not the same but it maybe I am older. It seems like there are too many people here now. It was such a cool vibe back in those days.
    Well my dad loved it. They got some of the best bands that would completely skip San Antonio. He saw Rush, Pink Floyd, Electric Light Orchestra, and at the end came back for the Talking Heads, The Cars, Fleetwood Mac... on and on. Before some of these were even popular bands. The punk stuff was apparently beyond weird. They slam danced (sounds like a Mosh pit kind of deal). And amongst these he claims there were some really awful punk groups. He also came back for a guy named Joe kIng Carasco who played what sounded like roller skating music to me.

And I still like it but the crowded roadways (especially North) and the prices are definitely difficult. I like the fact there are still a bunch of non restaurant chains that have some really good food. I got some great food on Saturday from some place my friends ordered from. Had sea weed and all kinds of wierd vegees with some raw fish and Chicken and these peppers, it was awesome but 20 bucks a pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got some great food on Saturday from some place my friends ordered from. Had sea weed and all kinds of wierd vegees with some raw fish and Chicken and these peppers, it was awesome but 20 bucks a pop.
    Sounds good!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well my dad loved it. They got some of the best bands that would completely skip San Antonio. He saw Rush, Pink Floyd, Electric Light Orchestra, and at the end came back for the Talking Heads, The Cars, Fleetwood Mac... on and on. Before some of these were even popular bands. The punk stuff was apparently beyond weird. They slam danced (sounds like a Mosh pit kind of deal). And amongst these he claims there were some really awful punk groups. He also came back for a guy named Joe kIng Carasco who played what sounded like roller skating music to me.

And I still like it but the crowded roadways (especially North) and the prices are definitely difficult. I like the fact there are still a bunch of non restaurant chains that have some really good food. I got some great food on Saturday from some place my friends ordered from. Had sea weed and all kinds of wierd vegees with some raw fish and Chicken and these peppers, it was awesome but 20 bucks a pop.
    Joe kIng Carasco "Its a Party Party Weekend" Saw him numerous time at Club Foot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe kIng Carasco "Its a Party Party Weekend" Saw him numerous time at Club Foot
    Oh crud so he lasted well into the 80s.
    And I believe there is some sort of organ in that band that makes it sound like roller skating music.

Club foot... Thats a good name. Apparently there was a lot of cracking of some sort of nitrogen vials to give people a high at that place. And he said there was a lot of hair pulling by girls dancing and what looked like a bunch of dead people lying in some sort of alley way next to that club as they were very wasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh crud so he lasted well into the 80s.
    And I believe there is some sort of organ in that band that makes it sound like roller skating music.

Club foot... Thats a good name. Apparently there was a lot of cracking of some sort of nitrogen vials to give people a high at that place. And he said there was a lot of hair pulling by girls dancing and what looked like a bunch of dead people lying in some sort of alley way next to that club as they were very wasted.
    Whippets were what they were called. Tried a few but not my style. I look back fondly. Lots of good times. I had to get a job and it slowly ended. Hey ho lets go!
    Uranium Savages were a blast fun time band.
    Talking Heads, The Cars, Fleetwood Mac-I saw all those big name bands.

Thread Information