Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I'm over here thinking they got him for his jewelry here in SA or some
    hes a poccet compton crip the only crips in texas are hoover crips which are allies not rivals with poccet so he is untouchable in san antonio since the blood numbers are low......latino gangs make up the majority & they dont beef with crips/bloods

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes a poccet compton crip the only crips in texas are hoover crips which are allies not rivals with poccet so he is untouchable in san antonio since the blood numbers are low......latino gangs make up the majority & they dont beef with crips/bloods
    @ untouchable.. you really think jackers are gonna give a about some LA street here if they wanted to rob him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily Conley had a great allstar debut. /s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luckily Conley had a great allstar debut. /s
    Did he? I never watched the game. How was it? Was it worse than usual? Did they even have a three point shootout or any of that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he? I never watched the game. How was it? Was it worse than usual? Did they even have a three point shootout or any of that?
    Played the fewest minutes on his team and scored 3 points. But his advanced stats were amazing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now in this thread, we've got people saying the Jazz don't deserve to have three all-stars (and that's a sign of bias), and also that Jazz players generally don't get picked for All Stars games because they're not "black enough" (also a sign of bias). It can't be both. Sorry, but I think this is a simple case of sour grapes. People are upset that their favorite team didn't get an All Star, and now Lebron is a Racist & the entire world is Unfair! Gobert has had a better season than Poeltl (who also doesn't get enough minutes), Mitc has had a better start than Dejounte, and Conley is more effective on the floor than DeRozan. There's no great crime here. The Spurs have managed to squeak out a bunch of wins with all around team effort, and that's to be applauded, but honestly no one player has stood out enough to warrant an All Star spot.
    The voice of reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two completely different things. I'm fine with the Jazz getting three, but it'll forever be absurd that the Spurs somehow never did and as far as Gobert/Mitc not getting picked until last, that was in reference to James/Durant.

I'm not upset, I'm annoyed that the best players in this organization continue to get disrespected and the organization never stands up for them. I've long been convinced this plays a significant role in most prominent players not wanting to play here.

James isn't racist, he just does what many inner city black Americans (foolishly) do and differentiates within' his own kind.
    With his own kind? All Jazz all stars are black...what are u talking about?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played the fewest minutes on his team and scored 3 points. But his advanced stats were amazing
    his +/- was off the charts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So someone had to have played a lot of minutes and put up great numbers in an all star game in order for them to deserve the spot? Be careful about ur answer...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With his own kind? All Jazz all stars are black...what are u talking about?
    All 3 Jazz players are not urban Black Americans Mitc /Conley both grew up upper middle class. Gobert is a biracial black man from France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All 3 Jazz players are not urban Black Americans Mitc /Conley both grew up upper middle class. Gobert is a biracial black man from France.
    Gobert is black...being from france doesn't mean u aren't urban...who raised you ppl? By ur insane standard, literally nobody on lebrons team would be picked, if you think he was only looking to choose black urban players...take the L fam...this isn't a point u can argue...ur wrong

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert is black...being from france doesn't mean u aren't urban...who raised you ppl? By ur insane standard, literally nobody on lebrons team would be picked, if you think he was only looking to choose black urban players...take the L fam...this isn't a point u can argue...ur wrong
    You try to twist and deflect on purpose and this proves it. That man said nothing of Gobert not being Urban. He said Gobert was a Bi racial man from France which is true. I'm pretty sure Gobert has very little connection to urban African Culture here in the US. sometimes I think you do so much trolling that it clogs your brain and you forget what the topic actually is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs deserved an all-star. They're firmly in the playoff race with a top 10 overall record and have overachieved. They have a player averaging better than 20-5-5, so his selection should have been a no-brainer as a reserve, because that's the way this exhibition game has always worked.

They locked out an entire deserving franchise from representation, and I agree that folks in the Spurs FO need to let Silver know.

I know Pop looks at it as a stupid waste of time, but it is good for the fans and the city.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs deserved an all-star. They're firmly in the playoff race with a top 10 overall record and have overachieved. They have a player averaging better than 20-5-5, so his selection should have been a no-brainer as a reserve, because that's the way this exhibition game has always worked.

They locked out an entire deserving franchise from representation, and I agree that folks in the Spurs FO need to let Silver know.

I know Pop looks at it as a stupid waste of time, but it is good for the fans and the city.
    I think some in here don't understand that by allowing them to snub Derozan that you are making it easier for them in the future to easily snub Dejounte,Keldon, or any of other young spurs when they become all-star caliber players. This may seem like no big deal but it is because if guys can't get recognition playing here which is being an all-star, and being considered for awards then why would they like to stay here longterm? Spurs were blessed with ego-less stars in Duncan,Manu,Robinson and even Parker to some extent but the majority of NBA star players are not in the mold of those guys. They care about being recognized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So someone had to have played a lot of minutes and put up great numbers in an all star game in order for them to deserve the spot? Be careful about ur answer...
    Nope. But someone on the Spurs should've been there. Daslicer is right, if PATFO take the high road here then it only becomes harder for any of our youth to make it. Like what if Dejounte has Demar's stats next year and is leading us to the 7th seed sans Demar. But the same happens. That hurts the franchise going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think some in here don't understand that by allowing them to snub Derozan that you are making it easier for them in the future to easily snub Dejounte,Keldon, or any of other young spurs when they become all-star caliber players.
    Why is it so hard to believe that the experienced people choosing All Star spots simply & honestly didn't think DeRozan deserved to be an All Star over other players?

In selecting the All-Star Game reserves, each NBA head coach voted for seven players in his conference-- two guards, three front court players and two additional players at any position. That's how it's done. There was no "conspiracy" to "snub" DeRozan. A bunch of coaches register their votes, and aren't allowed to vote for their own players. This seems like a pretty fair system to me. Did the rival coaches all get together on a conference call and decide it was a good idea to screw the Spurs? No, of course not. They voted for guys they've coached against who seem to them to be difficult to match up with and contain. They voted for guys who seem to be legitimate difference makers. Sorry, but if I'm starting a new team and I can choose Mike Conley or DeMar DeRozan, I'm choosing Conley. It's not because I have some secret conspiracy agenda against DeRozan... it's because Conley plays D, shoots the three, and doesn't create the team building impediments that DeRozan does.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 03-08-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it so hard to believe that the experienced people choosing All Star spots simply & honestly didn't think DeRozan deserved to be an All Star over other players?

In selecting the All-Star Game reserves, each NBA head coach voted for seven players in his conference-- two guards, three front court players and two additional players at any position. That's how it's done. There was no "conspiracy" to "snub" DeRozan. A bunch of coaches register their votes, and aren't allowed to vote for their own players. This seems like a pretty fair system to me. Did the rival coaches all get together on a conference call and decide it was a good idea to screw the Spurs? No, of course not. They voted for guys they've coached against who seem to them to be difficult to match up with and contain. They voted for guys who seem to be legitimate difference makers. Sorry, but if I'm starting a new team and I can choose Mike Conley or DeMar DeRozan, I'm choosing Conley. It's not because I have some secret conspiracy agenda against DeRozan... it's because Conley plays D, shoots the three, and doesn't create the team building impediments that DeRozan does.
    I'm not buying into your bs argument that Conley is better than Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not buying into your bs argument that Conley is better than Derozan.
    You're en led to your opinion, but it seems most NBA coaches would take my side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're en led to your opinion, but it seems most NBA coaches would take my side.
    That's fine but I will say NBA coaches have made mistakes before such as selecting Draymond Green to the all-star game when he didn't deserve to be there. So their not always right either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley got in because they needed a replacement who could be in 3pt contest. DDR would have probably gotten the nod otherwise. Demar has played well this year and I can now tolerate him but also both himself and Spurs fans should understand that. Nothing personal. You can’t shoot 3s and they needed someone to fill two AS roles. Sorry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conley got in because they needed a replacement who could be in 3pt contest. DDR would have probably gotten the nod otherwise. Demar has played well this year and I can now tolerate him but also both himself and Spurs fans should understand that. Nothing personal. You can’t shoot 3s and they needed someone to fill two AS roles. Sorry.
    Cheesy reason to pick an all-star. They could have flown out some random scrub for the 3 point shoot out just like they did for the dunk contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You try to twist and deflect on purpose and this proves it. That man said nothing of Gobert not being Urban. He said Gobert was a Bi racial man from France which is true. I'm pretty sure Gobert has very little connection to urban African Culture here in the US. sometimes I think you do so much trolling that it clogs your brain and you forget what the topic actually is.
    Asshole...look at everything he said...he was implying lebron only chooses urban black ppl because he is biased...I pointed out that makes no sense because all 3 jazz members black, he replied that Two of the three jazz opponents aren't urban, and gobert is from France... do u not see how that's stupid? He is implying that gobert doesn't fit his description because he is from France (hence not urban)...

Well none of that makes sense to his original point that lebron was only choosing black urban ppl for his team since almost everyone on lebrons team came from a good background or a different country... And ur saying IM the wrong one? You ppl have a serious mental issue... The guy is factually wrong, yet ur saying I'm wrong for pointing it out... Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asshole...look at everything he said...he was implying lebron only chooses urban black ppl because he is biased...I pointed out that makes no sense because all 3 jazz members black, he replied that Two of the three jazz opponents aren't urban, and gobert is from France... do u not see how that's stupid? He is implying that gobert doesn't fit his description because he is from France (hence not urban)...

Well none of that makes sense to his original point that lebron was only choosing black urban ppl for his team since almost everyone on lebrons team came from a good background or a different country... And ur saying IM the wrong one? You ppl have a serious mental issue... The guy is factually wrong, yet ur saying I'm wrong for pointing it out... Lol
    Gobert is not an urban black American. He has nothing in common with an urban black American. He is as urban as Tony Parker considering Tony is from Paris,France but we know Tony is not an urban black American.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert is not an urban black American. He has nothing in common with an urban black American. He is as urban as Tony Parker considering Tony is from Paris,France but we know Tony is not an urban black American.
    GOBERT!! what about everyone LeBron has chosen on the team? So Jokic is an urban black? News to me...Giannis is from Greece, so pretty much the same as Gobert, right? Curry grew up in the slums? Luka is a black dude from the hood? Sabonis? Y'all are so caught up nitpicking to say I'm wrong when I'm very CLEARLY right... But it kills y'all to admit it... So now ur on the side of a dude who is making a very stupid point that lebron didn't pick jazz players because they aren't urban blacks... That's a dumb statement to make and ur defending it because I'm the one pointing it out... It's very obvious

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're wrong when you say Gobert is black that's the first thing that is factually incorrect. Anything after that is moot because Gobert is Bi racial not black which is only a thing that is done in the U.S.

Thread Information