Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the he gets on here from everyone but the dude deserved the all star nod this year. SOMEONE from our team should be on it. And the fact that they picked Mike Conley over him is ridiculous. Ridiculous how little we support our team as fans when it comes to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the he gets on here from everyone but the dude deserved the all star nod this year. SOMEONE from our team should be on it. And the fact that they picked Mike Conley over him is ridiculous. Ridiculous how little we support our team as fans when it comes to this.
    It's only Spurstalk that has no respect for DeMar. They go hardcore crazy for DeMar on Twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t go away mad DeMar
    Just go away

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We never played with the Spurs in a video game. Never!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he got robbed. Silver that POS with the replacement picks disrespected him along with the coaches that made the original reserve picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan has the fiercest loyal fans of any Spurs player I've seen in 20 years Online. They are relentless.
    A toast to them.

Now what about the timing to protest after that thunder loss. Alexander looked like the better player. He should have gotten in over Conley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    picking Conley over him for the All-Star game is a joke. 16 PPG 3.5 RB 5.7 AST to 20 PPG 4.9 RB 7.2 AST. How can anybody justify that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    picking Conley over him for the All-Star game is a joke. 16 PPG 3.5 RB 5.7 AST to 20 PPG 4.9 RB 7.2 AST. How can anybody justify that?
    Granted i don't agree with it but the justification I have heard is that Conley never got to go an all-star game and that he deserves it as a lifetime achievement award.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BS.

Demar deserves to be in the ASG it is obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Achievement award?? Shows how much a joke the all star game is. He’ll, Clarkson from the Jazz should of mad3 it before Conley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was never a year when the Big 3 all made the all-star game together. The Jazz look good for half a season and get 3 representatives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan has the fiercest loyal fans of any Spurs player I've seen in 20 years Online. They are relentless.
    A toast to them.

Now what about the timing to protest after that thunder loss. Alexander looked like the better player. He should have gotten in over Conley.
    Literally every playoff team except for us has a representative in the All Star game. All 7 other teams. And we can’t get one? That’s bad business going forward. It’s disrespectful too.

Gtfoh with that Shai . I agree it was a bad loss but the tanking Thunder belong nowhere near the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone expect anything different from that fairy Silver tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a ing disgrace.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was never a year when the Big 3 all made the all-star game together. The Jazz look good for half a season and get 3 representatives.
    That's this league now. It's all about playing the game within' the game with the media and self promotion (not that the Jazz are a glamour market/team by any means).

It was the East and Korver was an injury replacement, but the Hawks received 4 in '15, while the Warriors have had 3-4 a bunch of times.

Ginobili, more than any other player, had his accolades impacted by the era because his prime failed to coincide with advanced metrics becoming mainstream.

Still, at some point this organization is going to have to modernize and start self promoting. These things matter to most American Millennials and it's a somewhat controllable strike against them as far as appealing to them. It won't happen, but it should start with Pop ranting about the disrespect over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ginobili, more than any other player, had his accolades impacted by the era because his prime failed to coincide with advanced metrics becoming mainstream.

Still, at some point this organization is going to have to modernize and start self promoting. These things matter to most American Millennials and it's a somewhat controllable strike against them as far as appealing to them. It won't happen, but it should start with Pop ranting about the disrespect over the years.
    It' kind of hard to lament both Ginobili's and DeRozan's exclusions due to advanced metrics: that's exactly the reason DeRozan isn't in, because most objective observers see that he doesn't impact winning, like a Ginobili, or in this case, a Mike Conley. Ginobili would make the All Star game most years now, because his advanced metrics were so good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It' kind of hard to lament both Ginobili's and DeRozan's exclusions due to advanced metrics: that's exactly the reason DeRozan isn't in, because most objective observers see that he doesn't impact winning, like a Ginobili, or in this case, a Mike Conley. Ginobili would make the All Star game most years now, because his advanced metrics were so good.
    I'm not lamenting DeRozan's not making it, I'm saying given the same cir stances in a glamour market (Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Mavericks, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, 76ers, Raptors), he more than likely makes it, at least as one of the first two injury replacements.

By the way, coaches have many times picked counting stats guy over advanced stats guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not lamenting DeRozan's not making it, I'm saying given the same cir stances in a glamour market (Celtics, Nets, Bulls, Mavericks, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, 76ers, Raptors), he more than likely makes it, at least as one of the first two injury replacements.

By the way, coaches have many times picked counting stats guy over advanced stats guy.
    I just think this is an objective case of them getting it right this time. Conley has the best advanced stats on the team with the best record in the league. DeRozan isn't even top 6 on his own (less successful) team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think this is an objective case of them getting it right this time. Conley has the best advanced stats on the team with the best record in the league. DeRozan isn't even top 6 on his own (less successful) team.
    So every other playoff team in the west deserves an all star except us? Makes zero sense. This is the type of stuff that Pop has to bring up and fight for his guys. RC too. It sounds dumb but it’s important in the long run

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar deserved to be an all-star, most people know it. Personally, there is no way Paul George is better than DeRozan....but the excuse is it's a fans choice.
    A guard playing out of position, averaging 20 pts and 7 assist and 5 rebounds isnt worthy? Than neither is the "allstar game". Boycott the allstar game festivities Spurs fans!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There shouldn’t even be an all star game this year anyway. Dumb ass silver and the nba

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I honestly could care less about the All Star crap with everything going on I see no reason for them to have it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of these makeup games should have been during this period instead of having an all-star game.

However, I do agree with the people saying DeRozan should have gotten in. This only hurts the Spurs in the long run. What free agent all-star level type of player would want to come here if there is a lesser chance of him making the all-star game simply due to having 'Spurs' written on his jersey. Pop and the higher ups in Spurs organization really should be going off about this and kicking up a fuss about it defending their player getting ripped off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad thing is Demar is an all star the last three years if he was in the East. What is the point of the conference split when the top players pick the teams?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought this thread was about that home break in Demar had a while back and I was like damn the thief came back again to finish the job?!

Thread Information