Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say a lot of as caveat. , most of what you post is the "fine print" disclaimer. It's not worth the pixels it's printed on so it doesn't help your case to repost it. So you're not talking about fiscal, only social. I showed you how American muslims do not socially accept gays in mosques. Do you think mosques are only for fundamentalists? You have a candyland view of Muslims in America and a "big bad wolf" view of Muslims in the ME.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you were willing to accept that they are democratic supporters even if they ideologically lean conservative. You cannot have it both ways, you're just trying to pull out a w.
    can you elaborate the point you're trying to make here? legitimate trying to get a clarification here. where did i try having anything both ways? and when did you establish that fundamentalist muslims were democratic supporters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say a lot of as caveat. , most of what you post is the "fine print" disclaimer. It's not worth the pixels it's printed on so it doesn't help your case to repost it. So you're not talking about fiscal, only social. I showed you how American muslims do not socially accept gays in mosques. Do you think mosques are only for fundamentalists? You have a candyland view of Muslims in America and a "big bad wolf" view of Muslims in the ME.
    i literally never used the word fiscal or economic in describing what i considered were the conservative views of fundamentalist muslims

where you got the idea that i was equivocating "fiscal conservatism" with "religious conservatism" is beyond me. " i specifically brought up abortions, gay marriage, etc each time to hammer the point home. that's not "fine print. that's just you desperately flailing

i have no doubt that most mosques are not going to find gay marriage to be kosher. would expect similar results from most christian churches. doesnt mean i think all american christians are fundamentalist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're equating fundamentalist "type" as extremist. One can both believe in fundamental teachings and not be extreme about enforcing it on others. You're allowing room on one side, taking away from the other.
    No, I'm not. I specifically referred to fundamentalists as not being extremists. I even gave an example with Jewish orthodoxy.

For example, the muslims that wear a hijab or turban strike me as the archetype of a fundamentalist, but I don't automatically equate them with being extremist.

On that note, how many hijab or turban wearing American muslims do you see on the regular? I mean, a little over 1 in 100 Americans are muslim (about 30% of those are African Americans).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the work force this is correct. But there are alot of extended family in their homes not integrating whatsoever. Only existing within the small sub communities.

Islamic radicalism will begin to increase as the "Muslim travel ban" is lessened
    Again, I think mixing up fundamentalism and extremism is simply incorrect. Fundamentalism strike me as the person that closely abides to the religious teaching. There are certain traits that normally let's you see them from a mile away, you know, like I was saying with Orthodox Jews or Burka-wearing women, etc.

Are those people extremists? I don't think so. At least by and large they're not.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Again, I think mixing up fundamentalism and extremism is simply incorrect. Fundamentalism strike me as the person that closely abides to the religious teaching. There are certain traits that normally let's you see them from a mile away, you know, like I was saying with Orthodox Jews or Burka-wearing women, etc.

Are those people extremists? I don't think so. At least by and large they're not.
    I think they are most easily turned or convinced to violence. And this is true of all religions, cults, followers. Especially when this is still in progress war zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fundamentalist Islam and maga are both very conservative movements
    The US Muslims do not have liberal values like your run of-the mill liberal democrat. Their values align more closely with the right, even though they vote left. In fact, many minorities, especially immigrants will support the left because of what the left can do for them. It's not about the moral values of the left. It's about how easy the left is to guilt into submission via social media pressure. So from that standpoint, perhaps a lot of those who purport to support the left are conservative, since a fair amount of self preservation instinct defines conservatism.
    You called him out then proceed to back him up. Nice work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are most easily turned or convinced to violence. And this is true of all religions, cults, followers. Especially when this is still in progress war zone.
    If the claim is that they're more susceptible to radicalization, it's possible. Radicalization is such a mind job though, I think it encompasses more than just theology, though I wouldn't disagree that's one avenue to get a head start.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If the claim is that they're more susceptible to radicalization, it's possible. Radicalization is such a mind job though, I think it encompasses more than just theology, though I wouldn't disagree that's one avenue to get a head start.
    I agree with your assessment. Outside factors play big role. In this situation. being forced to flee to the place that started/extended and freed war in your home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A new study suggests that a particular mix of personality traits and unconscious cognition -- the ways our brains take in basic information -- is a strong predictor for extremist views across a range of beliefs, including nationalism and religious fervour. Across all ideologies investigated by the researchers, people who endorsed "extreme pro-group action," including ideologically-motivated violence against others, had a surprisingly consistent psychological profile.

Subtle difficulties with complex mental processing may subconsciously push people towards extreme doctrines that provide clearer, more defined explanations of the world, making them susceptible to toxic forms of dogmatic and authoritarian ideologies. The extremist mind -- a mixture of conservative and dogmatic psychological signatures -- is cognitively cautious, slower at perceptual processing and has a weaker working memory. This is combined with impulsive personality traits that seek sensation and risky experiences.

So, it is scientifically proven that extremists such as maga and/or religious people have difficulties and are slower at processing complex problems, have a weaker working memory and more likely to believe in conspiracy theories.

It is a complex read so most likely the group I mentioned won't read or not understand it.

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/d...rstb.2020.0424
    Pretty much what we knew already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You called him out then proceed to back him up. Nice work.
    So you agree US Muslims are fundamentalists. Doesn't make it a conservative movement . Do you know the difference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you agree US Muslims are fundamentalists. Doesn't make it a conservative movement . Do you know the difference?
    The dmc rabbit hole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsing and pettifogging. And nitpicking.

DMC is overly fond of rephrasing what others say so he can smuggle in hostile inferences or otherwise try pin them to things they didn't say. And sometimes he just makes up that does not resemble so can talk about something else. Like in this thread.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC getting dragged for days by The Left®

Never seen him outright lie this much about what other people posted minutes before. He misses his Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you elaborate the point you're trying to make here? legitimate trying to get a clarification here. where did i try having anything both ways? and when did you establish that fundamentalist muslims were democratic supporters?
    no, I'm not doing your fetch mission. You've been dancing like a monkey since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsing and pettifogging. And nitpicking.

DMC is overly fond of rephrasing what others say so he can smuggle in hostile inferences or otherwise try pin them to things they didn't say. And sometimes he just makes up that does not resemble so can talk about something else. Like in this thread.
    You're overly fond of talking about me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I don't know the difference
    I'll tell you then.

Illegals who cross the border and swim the Rio to get here aren't supporters of camping. They aren't part of a camping movement or a "save the Rio" movement. They camp to survive, to make it across. With the Muslims, they back the dems because the dems enable them to "get across". What they do in their communities and mosques cannot be construed as liberal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMra...el=92ndStreetY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, I'm not doing your fetch mission. You've been dancing like a monkey since.
    explaining your own point is a fetch mission

derp sr folds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're overly fond of talking about me.
    Your trend of petty parsing and asinine clowning has made you the butt of the joke. Tough break for you, but you drove yourself to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

derp sr folds
    The derp defense. It's all the echo chamber has these days. Anyone who dares disagree with the echo chamber is a derp.

You: Muslim fundamentalist and MAGA are conservative movements

Me: Muslim fundamentalist isn't a movement at all, it's a belief, a religion. MAGA is a conservative movement. What do they have in common?

You: They hate s

Me: Here's a article from CNN showing the US Muslims hate s

You: US Muslims aren't fundamentalists so what if they vote democratic?

You also: So US Muslims have conservative values, so I was right!

Me: Make up your mind, are US Muslims fundamentalist or not?

You: What are you saying? Fetch stuff

Me: no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your trend of petty parsing and asinine clowning has made you the butt of the joke. Tough break for you, but you drove yourself to it.
    I'm arguing with a guy who lives by the paraphrase. Mind your business, Winehole Deux

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also: So US Muslims have conservative values, so I was right!
    this was your claim based on the CNN article. i then asked if your argument is that american muslims are conservative and you said "you wish"

which raises the question of what point you were trying to make. i asked you to clarify that and you threw a hissy fit

were you trying to claim that american muslims are conservative? were you trying to argue that american muslims are fundamentalist? i have no clue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can you elaborate the point you're trying to make here?
    full derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can always tell the exact moment DMC realizes he's over his skis and is about to be destroyed by his own words. It's all stonewalls, slurs and subject changes after that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

derp sr folds

Seriously. If you would have just read the post without seeing who posted it, you would have thought it was from derp or one of his 40 alts

Thread Information