Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Lmao Imagine being such a pathetic pos like yourself that you actually think Andy Ngo is a fascist...
    He’s anti-antifascist so...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopping publication of "And to Think that I saw it on Mulberry Street" is depriving kids of good children's literature. I read that book so many times to my kids. A Chinese man who eats with sticks - please. I'm Chinese, and that doesn't offend me - that's what we eat with and the truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people triggered by cancel culture?

Why don't you just live your life? How does CC really impact you?

Don't be a snowflake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopping publication of "And to Think that I saw it on Mulberry Street" is depriving kids of good children's literature. I read that book so many times to my kids. A Chinese man who eats with sticks - please. I'm Chinese, and that doesn't offend me - that's what we eat with and the truth.
    write a letter to the publisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s anti-antifascist so...
    (-1)*(-1)=0

Pretty basic maths.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Then write a letter to the publisher or go on ebay.

I was mad when Metallica's "Garage Days" EP went out of print in the early 90's but I didn't yell about it on the news for days.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    He might have gotten a pass if there wasn’t plenty more evidence of his racist at ude toward Asians.

But please continue being a subservient little self-loathing Asian who worships white culture. Your kind are dying out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t stand Dr Seuss, never had one of those nonsensical, hideous looking books in my house. Nothing to do with negative racial stereotypes I’m just against boring books. I mean if you’ve seen one Seuss book you’ve pretty much seen them all. My kids had waaay too much access to good reading material to waste time with Dr Seuss at home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might have gotten a pass if there wasn’t plenty more evidence of his racist at ude toward Asians.

But please continue being a subservient little self-loathing Asian who worships white culture. Your kind are dying out.
    To be replaced by arrogant big self-loving others who hate white culture? - like that's any better - lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t stand Dr Seuss, never had one of those nonsensical, hideous looking books in my house. Nothing to do with negative racial stereotypes I’m just against boring books. I mean if you’ve seen one Seuss book you’ve pretty much seen them all. My kids had waaay too much access to good reading material to waste time with Dr Seuss at home.
    I respectfully disagree - taught my kids their first phonics/sounds using ABC by Dr. Seuss. It's fun for very young kids (0-3 yr old).

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    To be replaced by arrogant big self-loving others who hate white culture? - like that's any better - lol.
    lol look at you all happy to lick the white man’s boot.

like I said, those days are almost over. Asians ain’t takin this anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol look at you all happy to lick the white man’s boot.

like I said, those days are almost over. Asians ain’t takin this anymore.
    And you decide that it's (for me)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about "Donkey Raped Daughter"? That one was a classic.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the idea here was repe ion with young readers.
    I was read One Fish, Two Fish... and absolutely loved it.
    Then I read it over and over.

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is outstanding in this same vein imo...

I think the characters in Seuss were not rounded enough to make for childlike appearance.
    Long appendages and faces... they look too adult. A bit creepy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imho, Dr. Seuss books are for adults to read TO young kids - the nonsensical rhymes and repe ion are excellent for a READ ALOUD. To me, they aren't meant as readers - by the time kids can read, the level is too low (or in our case, they know them by heart).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is an excellent series - Let's Read and Find out Science that's good for readers - in defined levels (1, 2, 3 etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Cat in The Hat was pretty great when I was like four or five years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the idea here was repe ion with young readers.
    I was read One Fish, Two Fish... and absolutely loved it.
    Then I read it over and over.

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is outstanding in this same vein imo...

I think the characters in Seuss were not rounded enough to make for childlike appearance.
    Long appendages and faces... they look too adult. A bit creepy.
    It’s not like Dr Seuss didn’t get plenty of their attention despite my personal disdain for it. I guess because my 3 are so closely spaced that it seemed like for most of their early elementary years we were constantly in the midst of the library’s Dr Seuss Birthday Week, Book Fair, character parade, picnic, etc. Fine for the youngest kids but a little too late for older ones really. And then there’s the Grinch. Can’t really avoid that at holiday time. Plus I do think it’s a good lesson book.

Yes creepy . We did like Chika Chika Boom Boom and most of the Eric Carle, Richard Scarry and (my favorite) Sandra Boynton for their earliest reading.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Cat in The Hat was pretty great when I was like four or five years old.
    I’ve seen the film. Very bold exploration into the seamier side of the ular character.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you decide that it's (for me)?
    Seuss Enterprises decided that.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    There is an excellent series - Let's Read and Find out Science that's good for readers - in defined levels (1, 2, 3 etc).
    Does it say anything about climate change?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imho, Dr. Seuss books are for adults to read TO young kids - the nonsensical rhymes and repe ion are excellent for a READ ALOUD. To me, they aren't meant as readers - by the time kids can read, the level is too low (or in our case, they know them by heart).
    It does not matter what the level is.
    Its was fun to read his type of rhyming as a youngster.
    And agreed, out loud. It did not have to make sense, it was fun.

imo....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it say anything about climate change?
    They could present all the great scientists in London and how they worked inside so much because the air was so awful.
    And then on to the peppered moth for micro evolutionary mechanisms. All in one country.
    I hope it has this stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys seem to think that climate change was some HOT topic 20 (or more) years ago when my kids read them/published - fortunately, there was not this indoctrination "peppered" throughout (or not that I remember) but I don't think I'd even heard the phrase climate change back then.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stating facts is not indoctrination tbh.

Thread Information