Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    NHL is the no nonsense league. No drama queens, no storylines. Therefore less interest from casual fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too white

But the best when it comes to the post season

NHL playoffs are awesome tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NHL playoffs are just as good as any sport if you get into it. Great to bet on too.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King goalie with first win in 6 years, 3 months and 22 days. Hopefully it's not so long until the next one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never really watched NHL before. I might try and get into it. What teams are the ones to watch?

Also, when was the last time it was on ESPN?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I've never really watched NHL before. I might try and get into it. What teams are the ones to watch?

Also, when was the last time it was on ESPN?
    Hockey young stars almost always deliver. Pick young team. Flyers or Oilers. Long game join us on Yzerman's wagon

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never really watched NHL before.
    Yet you named yourself Ice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Montreal or Toronto if you want a good laugh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What teams are the ones to watch?
    Kings are my team. They're always a dark horse type of team with Kopitar.

Blues were fun to watch on their playoff run two seasons ago when I watched.

I didn't watch TB's run last season; but the season before they were the most dominant and just choked in an early round; so I knew their ring was coming. I was kind of dumb for not putting money on that actually.

Vegas has been strong since their inception; but they always crumple come playoff time.

Montreal and Detroit if you want rich history. Or Boston; but f*ck rooting for those wankers tbh.

Canadian teams haven't won in for like decades if you have a soft spot for the country that actually loves the sport to a man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hockey young stars almost always deliver. Pick young team. Flyers or Oilers. Long game join us on Yzerman's wagon
    Alright, thanks. I will try and watch some games of those teams to get started. See if I like it.

Yet you named yourself Ice.
    Darn, now that you've said it like that, it looks like I've got no choice but to try and get into it due to my username alone .

Kings are my team. They're always a dark horse type of team with Kopitar.

Blues were fun to watch on their playoff run two seasons ago when I watched.

I didn't watch TB's run last season; but the season before they were the most dominant and just choked in an early round; so I knew their ring was coming. I was kind of dumb for not putting money on that actually.

Vegas has been strong since their inception; but they always crumple come playoff time.

Montreal and Detroit if you want rich history. Or Boston; but f*ck rooting for those wankers tbh.

Canadian teams haven't won in for like decades if you have a soft spot for the country that actually loves the sport to a man.
    I'll try and have a look at some of those teams you mentioned. I guess from my time following/watching the NBA all these years, I don't care about those historic teams as I've come to dislike the Lakers and Celtics over the years (I liked them when I first got into it, but not anymore with the ride I've been on. I've come to hate teams like the Lakers and Celtics now that I know how it all works with big and little market teams). I much prefer the route I went by getting on the Spurs wagon when they had never won a championship prior to it. I know the Spurs were around for a long time and had some good/great teams, but looking back on it as of right now, it feels much better going for a team that had never won a Championship to the Spurs now having the 4th or 5th most championships (not sure if the Warriors overtook them these past few years?).

By the way, if I really do get into NHL, what is the equivalent of theirs to NBA League Pass for international users? Does anyone have it?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, if I really do get into NHL, what is the equivalent of theirs to NBA League Pass for international users? Does anyone have it?
    Off the top of my head, it's NHL Center Ice. It's only $70 for the rest of season. Worth it if you're going to watch that much hockey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NHL's decision to mic up referees backfired
    that has been going on for a long time
    NHL exposing themselves

Context : A hot mic caught Peel saying: "I wanted to get a f—ng penalty against Nashville early..."

make up calls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, lol at the NHL hiring former goons to oversee players safety protocols

Dumbasses.....

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NHL's decision to mic up referees backfired
    that has been going on for a long time
    NHL exposing themselves

Context : A hot mic caught Peel saying: "I wanted to get a f—ng penalty against Nashville early..."

make up calls

NHL took strong action. Don't know if the NBA would have done so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NHL took strong action. Don't know if the NBA would have done so.
    They took strong action only because they got exposed
    Peel is just a fall guy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They took strong action only because they got exposed
    Peel is just a fall guy
    Don't think he could be a lone wolf?

NHL has the most fair officiating of the four major sports leagues IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think he could be a lone wolf?

NHL has the most fair officiating of the four major sports leagues IMO.
    I don't think he's the only one

But yes I agree NHL has better officiating than other leagues tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's the only one

But yes I agree NHL has better officiating than other leagues tbh
    I've seen some su ious officiating in recent years in NHL; but it's still far and away the best.

NBA officiating style has creeped into March Madness. Mid Majors increasingly play five vs eight.

MLB umping has been on my radar ever since I witnessed the demolition of my Angels in 05 in ALCS vs White Sox.

NFL been on my radar ever since I saw the Saints given a ring in 09 to crown the media's Katrina narratives.

So, the one thing I've liked about hockey is it has been the only thing close to an even playing field consistently.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Red Wings +355 !!!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen some su ious officiating in recent years in NHL; but it's still far and away the best.

NBA officiating style has creeped into March Madness. Mid Majors increasingly play five vs eight.

MLB umping has been on my radar ever since I witnessed the demolition of my Angels in 05 in ALCS vs White Sox.

NFL been on my radar ever since I saw the Saints given a ring in 09 to crown the media's Katrina narratives.

So, the one thing I've liked about hockey is it has been the only thing close to an even playing field consistently.
    Gonzaga vs. Baylor

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Red Wings +355 !!!
    Happens regularly enough. You shouldn't be so excited if you didn't put money on it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks 1 Kings 0 in the third. Good local rivalry.
    Gonna have to catch the end of this one.
    Haven't caught any hockey all season, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ducks wasted a power play and Kings equalized.
    Kings want that winner with Kopitar, Brown, Dowdy out there together. Championship staples.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brown to Kopitar on what should be the game winner.
    Kopitar deking the goalie.
    Will post highlights later, assuming they get posted on YT.

Thread Information