Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, hence why I said the Kings might value shedding Barnes' contract off. They may make a run at Collins. They may see how well Collins worked with a great PG like Trae, and see how he would do well with both Hali and Fox. Plus, they might enjoy having another explosive guard in Lonnie to add to their guard corps.
    They’re not giving us Barnes and Holmes for essentially Lonnie. Holmes is sporting a 19 PER, and is only making $5M. He’s also a FA this summer. Adding Holmes also adds close to a million to our payroll, and could push us into the tax. Did I mention that he’s a FA this summer? And we’ll have cap room? Not that sold on Woodward. Seems like a poor man’s Keldon.

A small trade of LMA/Lonnie straight up for Barnes Nets you a solid rotation or starting piece on a reasonable deal, keeping the cap sheet pretty clean. He can play with DD, or instead of him. It would be a very Spursy move. It also frees up another roster spot, and some more room, $4M or so, under the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes is also a vet with a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re not giving us Barnes and Holmes for essentially Lonnie. Holmes is sporting a 19 PER, and is only making $5M. He’s also a FA this summer. Adding Holmes also adds close to a million to our payroll, and could push us into the tax. Did I mention that he’s a FA this summer? And we’ll have cap room? Not that sold on Woodward. Seems like a poor man’s Keldon.

A small trade of LMA/Lonnie straight up for Barnes Nets you a solid rotation or starting piece on a reasonable deal, keeping the cap sheet pretty clean. He can play with DD, or instead of him. It would be a very Spursy move. It also frees up another roster spot, and some more room, $4M or so, under the tax.
    The thing is, Holmes wants to stay with the Kings after his contract is up. If the feeling isn't mutual and the Kings see Collins as a better option for their starting line-up, then trading him to the Spurs is a "friendly" way of rejecting him.

Also, just like with Collins, having cap space doesn't mean it's a ticket to signing these players. Having them already on your team is a huge advantage.

As far as Barnes+Holmes not being equal in value... it depends on how the Kings see it. If Holmes doesn't fit their future plans, I don't see why they would think giving him up for Lonnie is a big loss especially since he's an upcoming free agent who might yield a contract larger than they're willing to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes wouldn't be a bad get, imho. Versatile and isn't afraid to score like Lonnie.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes is 28 years old
    Ha! I was thinking of Marvin Williams. I don’t know why they remind me of each other.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge came to the Spurs because he loved San Antonio so much?
    Definitely not, he came for the money and because he hoped that Kawhi gets him a ring. He would have already left if there had been a chance. So don't ask for respect.
    Yeah he literally already tried to leave once .

Spurs fans willing to stay in an abusive relationship with a star player cause one never signs here so they willing to respect a person who after having the most team success he ever did said "i want to be traded".

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, Holmes wants to stay with the Kings after his contract is up. If the feeling isn't mutual and the Kings see Collins as a better option for their starting line-up, then trading him to the Spurs is a "friendly" way of rejecting him.

Also, just like with Collins, having cap space doesn't mean it's a ticket to signing these players. Having them already on your team is a huge advantage.

As far as Barnes+Holmes not being equal in value... it depends on how the Kings see it. If Holmes doesn't fit their future plans, I don't see why they would think giving him up for Lonnie is a big loss especially since he's an upcoming free agent who might yield a contract larger than they're willing to offer.
    Isn't that exactly why they're trying to move Bagley? That and his overbearing father, from what I understand.

Getting both Barnes and Holmes would be a coup. Most teams are smart enough not to do trades like this, but the Kings are one of those teams you try to fleece because you never know when they will do something stupid.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t hate Lamarcus, but I won’t remember him after he’s gone. Happy to move forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade LMA to the Kings straight up for Chimezie Metu. Who says no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't that exactly why they're trying to move Bagley? That and his overbearing father, from what I understand.

Getting both Barnes and Holmes would be a coup. Most teams are smart enough not to do trades like this, but the Kings are one of those teams you try to fleece because you never know when they will do something stupid.
    You'd also think Coach Luke Walton might have a strong voice in this... he's been extremely disappointing so far, so attaining success is probably a short term goal for him in order to keep his job. Attaining vets from the Spurs might help him achieve that short-term success.

As with politics in a common workplace, so would you expect the same from an unstable NBA organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what the spurs get back won't be terrible.

timing could be better though. tbh, who's call in the org was it to NOT trade him before the draft?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the bulls interest is true Lauri is one of the guys I would be willing to give up a first to get... as someone who watches the bulls play i couldn't think if a worst backcourt to play with than lavine and colby who do almost nothing to get a big man involved in the offense...which would make it hilarious if LMA ended up there after essentially wanting to leave SA cause of "ma touches"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there seems to be a general buzz that interested teams may just be willing to see if the spurs just buy out LMA's contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alridge is weird. I can understand the people who are grateful for him and I understand the people who hate his cancerous ways.
    It always felt like a relationship with an abusive boyfriend tbh. Glad he's gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there seems to be a general buzz that interested teams may just be willing to see if the spurs just buy out LMA's contract.
    I would roll the dice on that if I had any interest. On the other hand, once he were bought out, other factors come into play and you have to woo him to your situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Level is a neutral word. Confidence is not. IMO, that means they have at least one deal they find palatable on the table, and are waiting on further offers.
    No, when someone says, "there's a level of confidence," it's not generally a high level. If it was a high level they would say so. The phrase is cautious. It definitely does not mean there is a deal offered yet, that's just you being wishful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm beginning to wonder if golden state and SA are revisiting whatever potential trade they had cooking before the draft, prior to klay's injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty that could make sense for both teams. Wiggins and the T-Wolves pick for LMA and the Spurs pick. Warriors still save a ton of money and Spurs get a nice pick in exchange for taking the Wiggins contract back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance in GSW wants LMA after seeing how much he’s fallen off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all honesty that could make sense for both teams. Wiggins and the T-Wolves pick for LMA and the Spurs pick. Warriors still save a ton of money and Spurs get a nice pick in exchange for taking the Wiggins contract back.
    No way GSW are trading that T'wolves pick without getting a superstar in return. That's a potential top 3 pick in a loaded draft. They can try and make the playoffs and not care if they don't get a lottery pick for their team because they have the T'Wolf pick. And I would see Wiggins as more useful with Thompson injured.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance in GSW wants LMA after seeing how much he’s fallen off
    True...but they might be willing to pay to get rid of Wiggins? I'm skeptical of that too though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he literally already tried to leave once .

Spurs fans willing to stay in an abusive relationship with a star player cause one never signs here so they willing to respect a person who after having the most team success he ever did said "i want to be traded".
    That's like staying with someone because you don't want to be alone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On this Spurs LMA trade, think small. Spurs are trying to trade him to a better situation and get something in return. But they don't want to take back years/salary unless it's for a player they want. No one is trading a first round pick and so if there is any pick, it will be a second round pick. I think it will end up being a boring trade and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it eventually becomes just a buy out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On this Spurs LMA trade, think small. Spurs are trying to trade him to a better situation and get something in return. But they don't want to take back years/salary unless it's for a player they want. No one is trading a first round pick and so if there is any pick, it will be a second round pick. I think it will end up being a boring trade and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it eventually becomes just a buy out.
    Agree, with it heavily to be a buyout.

Thread Information