Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s get this rolling already!

GSW: DeRozan, Aldridge, Walker, & SAS 2022 1st
    SAS: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, & the Minny pick

We give up our 1st in 2022 since the Minny pick will be unprotected then. So basically a “pick swap” that year and it will probably be a top 5 pick.

BOS: Gay
    SAS: 2022 2nd

2022 2nd to replace the one we traded a few years back.
    Yikes.

So The Warriors would be giving up the number 2 pick, a player that they really like, plus one of the best assets in the NBA in the Minny pick in this deal? Also, that's a lot of salary changing hands, a much simpler deal would be:

Aldridge for Wiggins, Looney, and GSW's 2021 and 2023 first.

GSW save $36.7 million next season plus saving millions more in luxury tax while being able to re-sign Oubre, bring back Thompson, and possibly adding a top pick, to Wiseman, Curry and Draymond

Spurs move Aldridge and get two firsts out of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would probably have a couple of Mini Strokes if that happened..lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are they also trading for Tristan Thompson? Because Klay isn’t playing anymore this year.

In all seriousness though, to people saying Demar is “an expiring” are totally off base. He would absolutely resign with GSW and a trade like this would be there only way to acquire someone of his caliber. I’d jump at that trade in a heartbeat, and don’t think Golden State hangs up the phone that quickly. Maybe if you drop the Minny and Spurs picks from the equation, you get to something a little more fair.
    That lineup is for next year. I’m very familiar with every player, their injury status, and their salary, to put it mildly. Also I wouldn’t side with some of these other posters so quickly. They all failed to read or understand the Minny pick is protected. Automatically shows where their knowledge stands. Thank you for your feedback however. I like tossing trades out there to see what people think.
    Last edited by FutureMan; 03-15-2021 at 08:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised Rudy and Patty haven’t joined the Uncoupling of 2021. Team and player agree that it’s best to break up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised Rudy and Patty haven’t joined the Uncoupling of 2021. Team and player agree that it’s best to break up.
    where else would they get the green light to throw up any shot they want all the time?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's highly likely to be the case. If a team needed cap space though, and wanted to give us a guy like Love or Wiggins that has multiple years on a contract, the Spurs wouldn't trade LMA unless a draft pick is attached. It's not LMA being exchanged for the draft pick, it's the cap space.
    I understand the argument and it’s not going to happen. No amount of cap relief is going to make a team give up a lottery pick. Period. It isn’t happening unless we return additional rotation players.

No team in the top 10 is seeking significant cap relief either.

We’re not getting a 1st unless we attach a significant (and young) rotation player.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s get this rolling already!

GSW: DeRozan, Aldridge, Walker, & SAS 2022 1st
    SAS: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, & the Minny pick

We give up our 1st in 2022 since the Minny pick will be unprotected then. So basically a “pick swap” that year and it will probably be a top 5 pick.

BOS: Gay
    SAS: 2022 2nd

2022 2nd to replace the one we traded a few years back.
    This is what I’m talking about. You’re insane if you think GSW are giving up Wiseman and a lottery pick for 2 years of DDR and player with half the potential as Wiseman.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I’m talking about. You’re insane if you think GSW are giving up Wiseman and a lottery pick for 2 years of DDR and player with half the potential as Wiseman.
    At this point I’m interested to see how the next couple years play out. Almost everyone here is convinced that things will play out one way and only one way. But, there is a possibility that things change. I’m not betting on it however it is possible for Minnesota to become a playoff team or a boarder line playoff team in two years. If the 2021 draft is as “stacked” as people say and they pull off a Collins trade they have a potential lineup of:

Russell
    2021 1st
    Edwards
    Collins
    Anthony-Towns

Again I’m not saying it’s going to happen but that pick has a lot of flexibility that people aren’t thinking of. It may be the most overvalued pick we’ve ever seen. People talk about it nonstop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I Pique your interest if Samanic was included?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF front office! Let’s go!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lineup is for next year. I’m very familiar with every player, their injury status, and their salary, to put it mildly. Also I wouldn’t side with some of these other posters so quickly. They all failed to read or understand the Minny pick is protected. Automatically shows where their knowledge stands. Thank you for your feedback however. I like tossing trades out there to see what people think.
    Got it and sorry for not realizing that. I agree that adding Demar to Klay and Steph is game over for most defenses. He actually meshes with them perfectly. And maybe LMA can find fountain of youth and be retained reasonably. LWIV isn’t a bad bench piece either.

People dismissing your trade without thinking about it are seriously undervaluing Demar. He’s not going for Harden levels, but that’s not what you were proposing.

The Minny pick is either in the 4-7ish range this year, or similar next year assuming they improve slightly. Still is among most valuable draft trade chips in league right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got it and sorry for not realizing that. I agree that adding Demar to Klay and Steph is game over for most defenses. He actually meshes with them perfectly. And maybe LMA can find fountain of youth and be retained reasonably. LWIV isn’t a bad bench piece either.

People dismissing your trade without thinking about it are seriously undervaluing Demar. He’s not going for Harden levels, but that’s not what you were proposing.

The Minny pick is either in the 4-7ish range this year, or similar next year assuming they improve slightly. Still is among most valuable draft trade chips in league right now.
    Thanks again! Admittedly, this is the most frustrating time I’ve had as a Spurs fan. The delay on the Aldridge trade is increasing that feeling. I’m afraid that every day they wait his value lowers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i’ll add a 3rd:

PATFO is probably still examining how likely of a potential playoff team we are. That may dictate an LMA trade that helps immediately versus a buy out and conceding it’s time to write the season off.
    We were bouncing between 4 and 6 when COVID shut us down. We are deep and cohesive. We’ll have guys who can come in and play rotation minutes when we need to rest regular rotation guys. My take is that we will finish between 4 and 6, right where we were.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks again! Admittedly, this is the most frustrating time I’ve had as a Spurs fan. The delay on the Aldridge trade is increasing that feeling. I’m afraid that every day they wait his value lowers.
    Just conside him no or negative value. He do any contribute to our games already. So even if we end up just letting his contract expire it doesn't affect us. Whatever we get out of this is really just bonus.
    W signed him. It didn't worked out as expected. And now he is old but he don't want to come off the bench. We just need to accept

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great point. For me no one is untouchable. Would hate to see DJ, Keldon go for me they are cornerstone pieces if we could add all star level talent. To a lesser extent would think White or Vassell are certainly in the ling term plans. Luka, Jak and Lonnie are my preferred exits of value.
    Watching trades over the last 3 years, trying for top difference making talent would take 3 of the youngsters plus a handful of first rounders. I haven’t heard of any such player being available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade them Rudy to get Zach Collins. Spurs immediately buy out LMA instead of trading him allowing Portland a chance of also getting LMA.

That’s ing horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the point in giving up a draft pick for Barnes. Spurs are fine at the three with Keldon for a fraction of the price.
    He’s a productive player who can actually defend and shoot from 3, and he holds the cap room over until 2023, the next big class. No one really worth signing this year, and you can’t just leave it open. Minimum salary threshold, and no one will sign for two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send him to Boston for a 2nd. Done.

He's likely to be a buyout otherwise. We don't need more players on the roster and it's unlikely to produce a 1st. Grab a second for a stash high ceiling Euro and be happy.
    Can’t be a straight trade like that. While he fits the exception, they are hard capped, and have to send out salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t be a straight trade like that. While he fits the exception, they are hard capped, and have to send out salary.
    Theis and a 2nd.

Done.

;-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing more articles saying sources are saying LMA is more likely to be bought out then traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing more articles saying sources are saying LMA is more likely to be bought out then traded
    Did you mean than, because then means that we buy him out, some team signs him, then trades him.

NBA writers have fallen off a cliff in the last 20 years. You see buyouts, but there was an article last night that said 5 teams were in the trade mix. Best bet is to not stress about it, and wait to see what unfolds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs arent leaking so all the rumor mill stuff is likely other GMs and FO personnel trying to leverage the media

It’s going right up to the deadline though and until a deal materializes I am solidly on team buyout

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything you see this morning on that front is coming from John Hollinger and Henry Abbott who are pushing an angle together.... it's speculation and there's no real sources behind it. That doesn't mean he won't be bought out....it just means the article is bs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything you see this morning on that front is coming from John Hollinger and Henry Abbott who are pushing an angle together.... it's speculation and there's no real sources behind it. That doesn't mean he won't be bought out....it just means the article is bs...
    Hollinger knows a lot about basketball, but he doesn’t know a lot about the NBA, which is a business/political structure that sits on top of the game. Lowe is the same way. There are very few basketball writers left, only good and substandard gossip columnists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is taking toooo long. The longer it takes, the less likely we get a suitable trade. Spurs already has good rotation players, and nobody’s giving a 1st pick for Aldridge. I think it’s closing to a buy out and just a matter of how much Aldridge is willing to give back. I’m still hoping we get at least a 2nd round pick

Thread Information