Post Count
    Y'all still love Jabroni Young right?

Yeah, old Jabroni is too chewy.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs overplayed their hand in trade talks, he says. That matches my guess. But that’s been their M.O. for years. Or do teams really not want to help us. Could be that too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the league is Spurs tree lol I don’t believe jaron but we probably always asked for the world in trades and execs know that so stay away from us in

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's camp would have no reason to fabricate that. They would probably prefer a buy out. The discount won't amount to much and he'll get to go to the team he chooses. So I have to believe they are rooting for a buy out.
    I believe it might be the opposite, not having to sacrifice money in buyout and saving his bird rights for a bigger next contract are pros in trade scenario for LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs overplayed their hand in trade talks, he says. That matches my guess. But that’s been their M.O. for years. Or do teams really not want to help us. Could be that too.
    It’s the Spurs overvaluing their players. They wanted a first rounder for Dejuan Blair sitting on the bench. Golden State pulls off all sorts of deals despite the entire league hating them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the spurs are able to find a deal before the deadline but ultimately it doesn’t matter, LMA was gonna leave in the summer anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the Spurs overvaluing their players. They wanted a first rounder for Dejuan Blair sitting on the bench. Golden State pulls off all sorts of deals despite the entire league hating them.
    Yup. Exactly this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's camp would have no reason to fabricate that. They would probably prefer a buy out. The discount won't amount to much and he'll get to go to the team he chooses. So I have to believe they are rooting for a buy out.
    A trade doesn’t preclude a buyout. Also, if he’s traded to a team he likes, he doesn’t lose money by being bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AT least 60% or more of the people on this site think that Aldridge will be bought out rather than traded. Its not our preference, we spend weeks talking about it. After years and years of the spurs doing next to nothing at the trade deadline, you can almost see how this plays out. Just wish this time was an exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hate the way this is worded.
    They wanted 1st round picks, or they wanted a 1st round pick?
    "they wanted a 1st RD picks" is saying both and neither.

Self-editing is your friend Jabari, unless he was being nefariously ambiguous on purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the way this is worded.
    They wanted 1st round picks, or they wanted a 1st round pick?
    "they wanted a 1st RD picks" is saying both and neither.

Self-editing is your friend Jabari, unless he was being nefariously ambiguous on purpose.
    of course he is, the whole tweet is smoke anyway. none of it means anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course he is, the whole tweet is smoke anyway. none of it means anything.
    Total bush league to talk baby nonsense to CYA.
    Just take the "a" out, or don't end picks in a plurality.

Gross and below someone who's supposedly a professional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the spurs buy him out and resign Tyler Zeller lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch the spurs buy him out and resign Tyler Zeller lmao
    What's Joffrey Lavuergne up to? Or Jeff Ayres

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the spurs do overplay their hands because they are fine not doing a deal and just keeping the status quo...

This coaching staff and this front office don't ever have their jobs threatened and all seem to be in it for the long haul, so yeah i expect them to ask way to much for a player because the worst that is going to happen down the road is business as usual for the spurs...

I don't really have a problem with it though...real life isn't nba 2k and you don't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might be in the minority here, but I would love Harkless on the spurs.
    Harkless always goes to a team to be an athletic wing defender who can make open shots and then he is a terrible defender and doesn't make open shots...

If he could do those two things Dame might have a ring right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this sad sack leave yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will be bought out and will loose Derozz for nothing typical Spurs long term strategy of getting back to winning Championships.

23 Pages and LMA Is Still NOT Gone!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What is he saying? The Spurs wanted first round picks (or a single first round pick?) for LMA last year? That was reasonable IMO as he wasn't washed up last year, or does he mean at the start of this season they were asking for first round picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This tweet sucks. If the Spurs weren't going to be able to get a first-round picks last year, then why should they have traded him? Young is suggesting LMA's value's always been low, so the Spurs not being willing to take basically nothing isn't a sign of them messing up.

That said, I think it does seem like LMA wanted out since the beginning of the year and the Spurs were trying to find a way to maximize his trade value by getting him to shoot threes and whatnot. They might've overplayed their hand at that point if they had deals that made sense but they gambled on LMA rehabbing his value by coming out strong to start the year. In retrospect, that would seem very dumb, because he doesn't tend to do that. But I could see why both sides find that scenario appealing. LMA coming out strong and being dealt could've led to him getting a decent extension with that new club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tweet sucks. If the Spurs weren't going to be able to get a first-round picks last year, then why should they have traded him? Young is suggesting LMA's value's always been low, so the Spurs not being willing to take basically nothing isn't a sign of them messing up.
    He's also saying teams wouldn't trade for Aldridge -- ostensibly a player they otherwise would have liked -- because they don't like the Spurs. It's a remarkably stupid tweet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will be bought out and will loose Derozz for nothing typical Spurs long term strategy of getting back to winning Championships.

Unless we come out like bandits on a deal (we won't), this is likely to turn into a 100 page thread because you know ST's tendency is to be outraged by any little thing the Spurs do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol, wtf does the number of pages on a fan forum have to do with it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol..Not a Damn Thing But I am Bored as ..

Thread Information