Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also saying teams wouldn't trade for Aldridge -- ostensibly a player they otherwise would have liked -- because they don't like the Spurs. It's a remarkably stupid tweet.
    Jabroni is still butthurt because he carried water for uncle Dennis and burned his bridges with the Spurs, then got dumped.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While it's a one- or two-off, I'm rooting against the Celtics right now. They might get more desperate if they keep losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While it's a one- or two-off, I'm rooting against the Celtics right now. They might get more desperate if they keep losing.
    They should have recognized problems weeks ago, but Ainge is one pigheaded and dumb mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch a trade like Lauri Markkanen + Thad. Young for LMA + 1st come out of nowhere.

Not a big fan of Lauri, but if we can re-sign him for cheap, sure.

Chicago is unlikely to keep him as they probably see Pat as their future four and Lauri is injury prone.

Lyles would get waived in this scenario.

You'll have Lauri and Luka battling for minutes. Luka probably gets discouraged even further. I don't see Lauri being a good C at all. His natural position is PF. Lauri's more proven than Luka, but his injury history might lend to justification for making both the future at the PF spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch a trade like Lauri Markkanen + Thad. Young for LMA + 1st come out of nowhere.

Not a big fan of Lauri, but if we can re-sign him for cheap, sure.

Chicago is unlikely to keep him as they probably see Pat as their future four and Lauri is injury prone.

Lyles would get waived in this scenario.

You'll have Lauri and Luka battling for minutes. Luka probably gets discouraged even further. I don't see Lauri being a good C at all. His natural position is PF. Lauri's more proven than Luka, but his injury history might lend to justification for making both the future at the PF spot.
    That would be awesome! I really hope we pull something like that off, it’s pretty odd how quiet things on the trade front in the league, the only teams I hear mentioned are the lakers, Celtics, heat, All the other teams are being pretty quiet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As mentioned before, Spurs like to divide the team in practice in five groups of three.

PG's: Murray/ Tre/ Q
    Combo Guards, Wings: White/ Vassell/ Lonnie
    Big Forward: DeMar/ Keldon/ KBD
    Stretch Big: Lauri/ Luka/ Gay
    Anchor Big: Poeltl/ Eubanks/ 2nd

In this scenario,
    -Mills walks to get more money from another team
    -Tre gets promoted to take Mills' spot
    -Gay re-signs with us and is convinced to take more of a mentor role
    -We use our 2nd round pick on a third Anchor Big (who can shoot)

My preference is for DeMar to walk too so Keldon can start, but not sure about the likelihood of that...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Lauri but he is a walking China Doll has he even come back from his shoulder injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I could see the Bulls wanting Luka as part of the deal for Lauri...

Hence why I share this "absurd paranoia" that we're hiding Luka because the Spurs value him and don't want other teams to be interested...

Makes sense from the Bulls' POV-- replace the player you can't afford any longer with a cheaper similar one you don't have to pay until a year later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Lauri but he is a walking China Doll has he even come back from his shoulder injury?
    Yep, he's scored 14, 22, 20 since coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I could see the Bulls wanting Luka as part of the deal for Lauri...

Hence why I share this "absurd paranoia" that we're hiding Luka because the Spurs value him and don't want other teams to be interested...

Makes sense from the Bulls' POV-- replace the place you can't afford any longer with a cheaper one you don't have to pay until a year later.
    No. LM is a walking disaster on defense, and Luka is a true two way. We should keep the cheaper two way player, and continue to develop him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. LM is a walking disaster on defense, and Luka is a true two way. We should keep the cheaper two way player, and continue to develop him.
    I mean, that's my preference too. But I wouldn't be opposed to a two-headed monster at that position with both of them on the team. It's not a stretch that Lauri may be inclined to have more of a complementary role given his body being fragile. Heck, he might even be okay with coming off the bench if he's starry-eyed about the Spurs organization like most international players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe the spurs could be hiding Luka in hopes that teams dont ask about him in trades, but we need to pump the breaks a bit lol he’s had like two good games in his career, his play was really encouraging but let’s not act like he’s the second coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe the spurs could be hiding Luka in hopes that teams dont ask about him in trades, but we need to pump the breaks a bit lol he’s had like two good games in his career, his play was really encouraging but let’s not act like he’s the second coming.
    Stop ting on my hopes with logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop ting on my hopes with logic
    True my bad, we all need hope when it comes to this team lmao he has a high upside but I gotta see more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tossing another trade out there. How many picks and or what kind of picks gets this done:

SAS: Grant & Plumlee
    DET: Aldridge & Walker

rotation would like something like -

Murray. Mills
    DeRozan. White
    Johnson. Vassell
    Grant. Gay/Samanic
    Poeltl. Plumlee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tossing another trade out there. How many picks and or what kind of picks gets this done:

Murray. Mills
    DeRozan. White
    Johnson. Vassell
    Grant. Gay/Samanic
    Poeltl. Plumlee
    Would be awesome but the spurs would have to cough up at least two first rounders imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray. Mills
    DeRozan. White
    Johnson. Vassell
    Grant. Gay/Samanic
    Poeltl. Plumlee
    Grant looked pretty average tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have the league is Spurs tree lol don’t believe jaron but we probably always asked for the world in trades and execs know that so stay away from us in
    You can chalk that up to PATFO overvaluing their players.
    Last edited by Thomas82; 03-17-2021 at 01:10 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs aren’t trading LMA to ing Detroit .

The Spurs do right by their players. It’s one of the things they have going for them in terms of their reputation around the league. They’ll just buy him out and let him choose his next club before they trade him to a lottery team, unless there’s an agreement beforehand that said lottery team will buy him out upon being traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is all moot though. LMA isn’t going to be traded. Spurs waited too long. He’ll be bought out in the next 2 weeks and sign with whoever he wants. Just hope it’s not the Lakers tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs do right by their players. It’s one of the things they have going for them in terms of their reputation around the league. They’ll just buy him out and let him choose his next club before they trade him to a lottery team, unless there’s an agreement beforehand that said lottery team will buy him out upon being traded.
    Be careful. People around here freak when you mention stuff like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just buy him out, he will give you nothing on a trade or maybe a secound round pick. Plus you'll have to probably cut some players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thats definitely what I would expect from the deal. If I was Aldridge in this scenario I’d then sign with the Nets and bounce every team that didn’t trade for me on the way to a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by Dejounte; 03-17-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Thread Information