Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wiggins and 2022 GS first rounder for LMA/Lyles. Gives GS more cap room for FA and they keep their 2021 pick/Minn 2021 pick. Desperate times
    i would actually consider passing on that tbh.

wiggins is owed almost $70,000,000.00 for the next two years...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it saves the organization some cash.
    if that is all and if it is the last year of the contract wouldn't the Spurs be better served just keeping him? I mean he can go where he wants next year but he might be of some use this year. If we were out of the playoffs is one thing but we could easily get the 5 seed this year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Why trade him earlier?
    because the spurs weren't going anywhere with him (after moving kawhi).

instead, the spurs languished... and are worse off for it.

they could've accelerated this process of moving on without him and they would've gotten a much better return had they done it sooner.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if that is all and if it is the last year of the contract wouldn't the Spurs be better served just keeping him? I mean he can go where he wants next year but he might be of some use this year. If we were out of the playoffs is one thing but we could easily get the 5 seed this year.
    no one really wants people around if they don't wanna be there.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    what i REALLY wonder is where the spurs head is at.

i assume their #1 goal is still making the playoffs. but a contender isn't going to give up valuable pieces just for la and rudy or whatever.

a buyout means nothing in return... might as well convince CLE to give up love and their 1st round pick.

but do the spurs org even want to s out all that cash to love?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    what i REALLY wonder is where the spurs head is at.

i assume their #1 goal is still making the playoffs. but a contender isn't going to give up valuable pieces just for la and rudy or whatever.

a buyout means nothing in return... might as well convince CLE to give up love and their 1st round pick.

but do the spurs org even want to s out all that cash to love?
    doubt that CLE is so desperate to get rid of Love that they'd trade him with a pick for basically nothing. i also doubt the spurs have any interest in Kevin Love and paying him the amount of money he is still owed after this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here is Windhorst saying it. He's saying they could trade him tonight if they wanted to, but would have to take on a bad contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here is Windhorst saying it. He's saying they could trade him tonight if they wanted to, but would have to take on a bad contract

I've got a strong feeling that LMA will not be a Spur anymore after tomorrow. Based off nothing, really. "My spidey senses are tingling"- duncan2k5
    CALL ME A PROPHET IF IT HAPPENS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst says in the video, "there ARE offers on the table."

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

was about to post.

been getting the scent of a buyout since last week. i don't really see the spurs dumping him off in CLE or OKC or even ORL.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i won't hate la after this... just don't sign with the nets or the warriors and we cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will probably take this all the way until the trade deadline to weigh all options.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to GS for Wiggin and the Warriors 2021 1st rounder top 10 protected makes some sense for both sides.

Still though, its a ton of salary to take on for a mid first even in a stacked draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s some interesting info. On LMA in that video (if true):

- “Spurs in unusual position position of dealing with a disgruntled player...”
    Well, not as unusual as it once was. Kawhi, Carroll, Aldridge...

- “Offers available if Spurs take on bad contracts for picks...”
    Wonder who Brian’s ref: to. We know it’s unlikely the Spurs are shipping LMA to a lottery team, what would be the compensation?
    Two future firsts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wonder who Brian’s ref: to. We know it’s unlikely the Spurs are shipping LMA to a lottery team, what would be the compensation?
    Two future firsts?
    Good to hear that expiring contracts still have SOME value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Two future firsts?
    The problem for the Spurs is that its hard to trade LMA and find the salaries that match that are not requiring Spurs to take back salary and if there isn't a first round pick and the salary taken back isn't a good, young player, then no reason to take on the salary just to "get something" for LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston getting next to nothing for Tucker is a bad sign for a LMA trade. I wouldn’t want them to take on bad contracts even for realistically obtainable picks.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Houston getting next to nothing for Tucker is a bad sign for a LMA trade. I wouldn’t want them to take on bad contracts even for realistically obtainable picks.
    Say what? Houston got a 1st and a bench rotation player out of it. I'd be surprised if they get that much out of LMA. if anything Milwaukee overpaid big time for a 36 year 6'4 PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what? Houston got a 1st and a bench rotation player out of it. I'd be surprised if they get that much out of LMA. if anything Milwaukee overpaid big time for a 36 year 6'4 PF
    they didn't get a 1st, they improved their draft position from a high 2nd to a low 1st rounder. Basically 33rd pick for 26th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston got the right to swap their 2nd round pick for Milwaukee’s first. Basically going from 33 to 29. They also got additional years on Augustin’s contract on their books.

Bucks did really well and were very creative though - they got a tradable asset (Houston’s second) out of thin air while dumping a bad contract. They also got under the tax with this trade. It was a slam dunk for them.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Oh wow, good call. I hadn't seen the updated details of the trade since it was first reported and it looked worse for MIL. Not bad tbh. But hey it's still a 1st rounder (would be the 25th pick right now i believe) in exchange for a 2nd, i'd do that all day for LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem for the Spurs is that its hard to trade LMA and find the salaries that match that are not requiring Spurs to take back salary and if there isn't a first round pick and the salary taken back isn't a good, young player, then no reason to take on the salary just to "get something" for LMA.
    This is why I’m frustrated with LMA more than most on this board it seems.
    He most likely gets bought out for the reasons you mentioned, yet I can’t help but feel if he had stayed and played in a reserve, enhanced usage role; his value would have increased and helped both parties in a trade.

The Spurs essential core atm - Jakob, Keldon, DJ and White - are all locked up for the next 2+ seasons. Lonnie would be next on the list and even he should be at worst here for the next 2 season on a tendered offer.

‘If Spurs were take on a bad contract that Nets you say 2 future firsts for a bad contract such as a K. Love; he still becomes an expiring in that 3rd year. As long as it doesn’t compromise the core or future draft capital - shouldn’t we seriously look at that?

Happy to be educated on the matter if I’m lacking finesse with the deets...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst is pretty plugged in around the league especially the cavs for what it’s worth lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst is pretty plugged in around the league especially the cavs for what it’s worth lmao
    he's no woj, or shams even, but he's in the same tier as david aldridge and such. pretty credible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's no woj, or shams even, but he's in the same tier as david aldridge and such. pretty credible.
    I wanna say he was the first reporter that mentioned Toronto being interested in kawhi back then

Thread Information